Shout For Joy, Share Your Happiness

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Team_Unmotivated
Projects: Romance, and Denial
Organization: Team Unmotivated
Deviantart: teamunmotivated
Soundcloud: soon

Re: Shout For Joy, Share Your Happiness

#601 Post by Team_Unmotivated »

Um... I Graduated and can now attend University for Illustration? YAY!

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#602 Post by noeinan »

After almost a year of being unable to work due to mobility impairment from my chronic illness, I have finally been given a prescription for a wheelchair. Yesterday, I was able to go to the store for groceries with my partner for the first time in months! It felt so liberating to be able to be moving around for more than the 5 minutes it takes to get in and out of doctor appointments.

I also just had my first physical therapy appointment, and my muscles are apparently awesome. My physical therapist was really surprised, given how weak I am when I am upright. I think this really hit home to him the difference caused by dysautonomia-- specifically the blood pressure issue in my case.

Hopefully we'll find some medication for me so I can be reliably mobile without assistive technologies, but having this to help out until then is going to lift a huge physical and mental burden. /happy dance

Kailoto
Veteran
Completed: No VNs, but a few novels. :D
Projects: Artificial, Seven Deaths (inactive)

#603 Post by Kailoto »

daikiraikimi wrote:After almost a year of being unable to work due to mobility impairment from my chronic illness, I have finally been given a prescription for a wheelchair. Yesterday, I was able to go to the store for groceries with my partner for the first time in months! It felt so liberating to be able to be moving around for more than the 5 minutes it takes to get in and out of doctor appointments.

I also just had my first physical therapy appointment, and my muscles are apparently awesome. My physical therapist was really surprised, given how weak I am when I am upright. I think this really hit home to him the difference caused by dysautonomia-- specifically the blood pressure issue in my case.

Hopefully we'll find some medication for me so I can be reliably mobile without assistive technologies, but having this to help out until then is going to lift a huge physical and mental burden. /happy dance
That's awesome! I remember when I was first admitted to PT and OT... the therapists were so surprised at my range of motion, and continued to be surprised at the rate of my progression. I think it's because no one actually does those range of motion exercises they're supposed to do to combat atrophy while healing, so me actually doing them set me above average. Or maybe I just heal fast, who knows. XD

I hope you can do a lot more fun stuff now that you have the wheelchair! When I was finally cleared to sit upright during hospitalization, I was finally able to play games and browse the internet again... it did wonders for my mental health.
Things I've Written:
Sakura (Novel, Self Published, 80,000+ words)
City and Girl (Novel, First Draft, 70,000+ words)
Loka (Novel, Third Draft, 120,000+ words)

A layabout writer and programmer with lots of problems and even more ideas. Hyped for Persona 5.

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran

#604 Post by noeinan »

Kailoto wrote:That's awesome! I remember when I was first admitted to PT and OT... the therapists were so surprised at my range of motion, and continued to be surprised at the rate of my progression. I think it's because no one actually does those range of motion exercises they're supposed to do to combat atrophy while healing, so me actually doing them set me above average. Or maybe I just heal fast, who knows. XD

I hope you can do a lot more fun stuff now that you have the wheelchair! When I was finally cleared to sit upright during hospitalization, I was finally able to play games and browse the internet again... it did wonders for my mental health.
Thanks! I still can't go out on my own, because my house does not have a wheelchair ramp and I will still get fatigued pushing myself too far, but I'm very excited that I'm able to be outside again!

My blood pressure disorder (POTS) causes me to pass out when I sit up or stand for too long, but it's pretty rare so my PT didn't have a lot of experience with it. He often deals with folks who are in recovery, and have had muscle atrophy which causes them to be unable to walk etc., so I think he was surprised when I couldn't walk *and* my muscles were fine, lol!

Kailoto
Veteran
Completed: No VNs, but a few novels. :D
Projects: Artificial, Seven Deaths (inactive)

#605 Post by Kailoto »

I might have a job! I'll be busier now, but I might have more than $30 in my bank account at all times! Yay!
Things I've Written:
Sakura (Novel, Self Published, 80,000+ words)
City and Girl (Novel, First Draft, 70,000+ words)
Loka (Novel, Third Draft, 120,000+ words)

A layabout writer and programmer with lots of problems and even more ideas. Hyped for Persona 5.

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran

#606 Post by noeinan »

Congrats!

truefaiterman
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes of the Codex War. [ASH] The Seeds of Destruction
Projects: One Night of [SNOW], Stained with Magic
Deviantart: truefaiterman

#607 Post by truefaiterman »

Kailoto wrote:I might have a job! I'll be busier now, but I might have more than $30 in my bank account at all times! Yay!
Congrats! I hope you have a great time there!
Artist and voice actor, trying to actually write stuff.

ArtStation portfolio
Youtube channel

Recent finished projects:

Image Image

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#608 Post by curry nochi rice »

Pffft promoted from transcriber to proofreader. Welp, this horrible twist of fate.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#609 Post by thebackup »

Just got a raise at my job! It's only +0.35 but that adds up in the long run. Talked to the director of my department to thank him; he said I deserved it :D

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#610 Post by Aviala »

I got a bearded dragon!! I don't know it's gender yet, but the name is Smaug (for now). It mostly just chills out on a branch in the tank, but food makes it more active - little fat baby :'') I already love Smaug so much, it's wonderful.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#611 Post by Rinima »

Little bro did well in his AS levels (1 A, 2 B's and a D) and I passed a essay I gave in 2 weeks ago with a good percent (67%), good day~ Had pizza to celebrate :3
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

burnt_offering
Regular
Completed: The Stroke of Midnight
Organization: Ace Of Spades
IRC Nick: burnt_offering or TheTapDancer
itch: aceofspadesvn

#612 Post by burnt_offering »

Rinima wrote:Little bro did well in his AS levels (1 A, 2 B's and a D) and I passed a essay I gave in 2 weeks ago with a good percent (67%), good day~ Had pizza to celebrate :3
My brother came home with straight As, so I get to go out for a meal.
I mean, I'm happy for him. Obviously. I don't just want steak.
[url]http:\\aceofspades@vnovel.com[/url]
Or just follow me at @AceOfSpades_VN

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#613 Post by Rinima »

burnt_offering wrote:
Rinima wrote:Little bro did well in his AS levels (1 A, 2 B's and a D) and I passed a essay I gave in 2 weeks ago with a good percent (67%), good day~ Had pizza to celebrate :3
My brother came home with straight As, so I get to go out for a meal.
I mean, I'm happy for him. Obviously. I don't just want steak.
Hehe thanks :3
We do the same thing (sorta), free pizza totally isn't my reason for trying hard in assignments
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#614 Post by Didules »

I won 3 cute plushes in Ikebukuro, I love arcad games :D I also bought many pokemon goodies, I really feel like Japan is a funny and completely crazy place, but it feels great!!
After one year of studying hard and never going out, this is real fun!
Attachments
20150815_152934.jpg
20150815_213220.jpg

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#615 Post by MomoiroGirl »

I had the best day ever yesterday! It was one of the first days in a loooong time, where a lot of stuff happened, but none of it was really bad! Even though I was forced out of bed early, I managed to make it good, because it meant I had a lot more time to do different things and take it slow. I had a really great singing lesson, where my vocal coach and I sang Follow Me together, and for the first time in a long time, I wasn't really shy while singing, and it actually sounded pretty good! :D And in the evening I went to visit my group of friends for a farewell-gathering, as one of us is leaving for Ireland to study for 6 months. And for the first time in a looong time, we were ALL gathered together and had a really great evening! Oh yeah, and to finish it all of, I FINALLY got a new tablet! After like a YEAR! So now I can finally draw on my computer again~! Never EVER before have I experienced a Monday that was so great! ^o^

And also, this post marks my 200 posts milestone, yaaay~!