Dark Nights [Otome,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery][DEMO]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Chibiha Itsumi
Completed: None so far
Projects: Some novels
Organization: ChocoPome
Deviantart: chibihaitsumi
Soundcloud: chibiha-itsumi

Re: Dark Nights [Otome,GxB,Fantasy,Romance,Mystery]

#31 Post by Chibiha Itsumi »

Pinlin wrote:Woa, I'm surprised that you found this thread waaaay back in the posts lol. Thank you so much, I hope you still like my new style. I choosed to draw
more "clean" while keeping the design and theme. We're doing our best on this project! Since it's holidays I have no reason to slack off haha.
I believe it's because another person above me bumped this thread XD But, I do remember reading it a few years ago as a silent lurker of this forum (I've just recently make an account here after decided to get out of my cocoon lol) and this project did catches my eyes. Don't worry, your style is still lovely and personally, I like this new one better :D

Alright then! Don't push yourselves too hard, we'll be waiting ^^

Erikka
Regular

#32 Post by Erikka »

Sounds very exciting! And I love your art!
Who is the blond-haired guy with yellow eyes? Will it be possible to romance him?)

Pinlin
Regular
Projects: Dark nights
Tumblr: darknightsblog
Deviantart: Pinlin

#33 Post by Pinlin »

Chibiha Itsumi wrote:I believe it's because another person above me bumped this thread XD But, I do remember reading it a few years ago as a silent lurker of this forum (I've just recently make an account here after decided to get out of my cocoon lol) and this project did catches my eyes. Don't worry, your style is still lovely and personally, I like this new one better :D

Alright then! Don't push yourselves too hard, we'll be waiting ^^
Yay, feedbacks are greatly appreciated! I'm sure every creator here love to see your comments, including me. I've gone a silent during the years because I thought there's only a little interest in this project. By working hard, I tried to improve it in many ways: artstyle, website, promotion etc. I'm glad that this paid off :D Thank you so much for the support!
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

Pinlin
Regular

#34 Post by Pinlin »

Erikka wrote:Sounds very exciting! And I love your art!
Who is the blond-haired guy with yellow eyes? Will it be possible to romance him?)
Do you mean, this character?
His name is Roya, the older brother of Junoru (maincharacter). So far he serves as side character but if the game gets succesful I'll add extra routes with some
of the side characters. Originally he was the 5th romance-able character but it would be too much work and I changed his position.
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

Erikka
Regular

#35 Post by Erikka »

Yes, I meant him! Roya!
He looks amazing! So handsome and mysterious!
I feel so pity he isn't romance-able. :cry: He is so gorgeous.

hrkamlsa555

#36 Post by hrkamlsa555 »

1. Which character is your favorite/looks the most interesting and why?

-From the main line-up my favorites are Kurato (becuase even though he's been labeled as a stalker, something about him intrigues me and it feels like there's more to him than meets the eye, plus he's a looker xD) and my top fave is SACHIROOOOOOO!!!! OMG HE'S JUST SUPER ADORABLE AND SO SHOTA-ISH WHICH I LOVE!!!! Super adorable and super mysterious combined, I couldn't ask for more <3 <3 <3

- From the side characters, the ones who intrigue me the most are the super cool twins, Blace and Jace. They are really good-looking, and I was really attracted by their mysterious aura. (I can't help it I have a thing for mysterious guys xD) And seriously, who doesn't love a pair of super good-looking twins wich contradicting personalities!! (Even Hikaru and Kaoru from Ouran Highschool Host Club were somehow different from each other <3 <3 <3)

2. You would play the game if it has some horror art? (as mentioned, just 17+ soft horror)

- I think I would definitely play even with the horror art. It's always interesting to have a little spice to a game especially when the CG art is as good as what I've seen form you guys (complements to the Cgs!!!)

3. How much would you pay for IF this was a commercial game?

- I'd be willing to pay as much as you think it's worth!! From what I've seen, it should be commercial hahahaha!! As long as you don't ask for more than what it's worth and give it a just price, I'd be really willing to pay anything!! Just not too expensive though, for the sake of the masses :) :) :)

*BTW I've heard that you can't have a romance with Roya, but is it possible to have a cute little puppy love triangle with the twins? Even if it isn't a final route but maybe just a sub-plot or something?

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#37 Post by try10 »

God, everytime I look at those sprites I'm falling in love over and over again! The art is stunning!

Pinlin
Regular

#38 Post by Pinlin »

Erikka wrote:Yes, I meant him! Roya!
I think that I've made all characters mysterious in some way haha. Even though you can't go for the
side characters, there are definity some spicy moments. Resist from getting tempted by other guys---
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

Pinlin
Regular

#39 Post by Pinlin »

hrkamlsa555 wrote:1. Which character is your favorite/looks the most interesting and why?

-From the main line-up my favorites are Kurato (becuase even though he's been labeled as a stalker, something about him intrigues me and it feels like there's more to him than meets the eye, plus he's a looker xD) and my top fave is SACHIROOOOOOO!!!! OMG HE'S JUST SUPER ADORABLE AND SO SHOTA-ISH WHICH I LOVE!!!! Super adorable and super mysterious combined, I couldn't ask for more <3 <3 <3

- From the side characters, the ones who intrigue me the most are the super cool twins, Blace and Jace. They are really good-looking, and I was really attracted by their mysterious aura. (I can't help it I have a thing for mysterious guys xD) And seriously, who doesn't love a pair of super good-looking twins wich contradicting personalities!! (Even Hikaru and Kaoru from Ouran Highschool Host Club were somehow different from each other <3 <3 <3)

2. You would play the game if it has some horror art? (as mentioned, just 17+ soft horror)

- I think I would definitely play even with the horror art. It's always interesting to have a little spice to a game especially when the CG art is as good as what I've seen form you guys (complements to the Cgs!!!)

- I'd be willing to pay as much as you think it's worth!! From what I've seen, it should be commercial hahahaha!! As long as you don't ask for more than what it's worth and give it a just price, I'd be really willing to pay anything!! Just not too expensive though, for the sake of the masses :) :) :)

*BTW I've heard that you can't have a romance with Roya, but is it possible to have a cute little puppy love triangle with the twins? Even if it isn't a final route but maybe just a sub-plot or something?
I'm glad to hear that you like so many characters! Yay for liking shota \(*u*)/ I couldn't let him out of this. I tried to give every character a mysterious aura. After all, this is a mystery game. The twins were originally not created for this game, they are my OCs from a seperated story but I thought to throw them into this world as well. Now it worries me if the side characters caught too many hearts XD
Blace and Jace, in case people don't know I post a picture of them here. Their roles are a secret.

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We'll consider to make extra stories, especially after hearing this ^^ Even in the main routes you'll interact a lot with the side characters. Friends, enemies or possible love interest, it's all in the plot ;D
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

Pinlin
Regular

#40 Post by Pinlin »

Erikka wrote:Yes, I meant him! Roya!
I'm glad that you find him handsome. He is a flirtatious type, the looks should fit him xD
try10 wrote:God, everytime I look at those sprites I'm falling in love over and over again! The art is stunning!
Thank you so much! I did so much my best on drawing these sprites, especially to keep my style consistent. If I had more time I would draw more poses too ><
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

crystalxelement

#41 Post by crystalxelement »

1. Which character is your favorite/looks the most interesting and why?
-Kurato is most interesting to me out of the romance-able characters because I like the trope of a misunderstanding and a person being labeled a 'stalker'. Especially if it's the guy. As for side characters, I definitely love the twins, Blace and Jace because they look fine and the bandages! I really dig the bandages!

-Definitely!!! Yes! What's a horror game without horror art!?

-If it did become a commercial game, I would definitely pay $30 minimum.

Pinlin, I hope you know I've been watching you on deviantArt for such a long time. And yes, your side characters have caught my heart! Haha! But it's wonderful to see that the game is so close to being finished! I wish you the best of luck to the completion of the game!

Pinlin
Regular

#42 Post by Pinlin »

crystalxelement wrote:1. Which character is your favorite/looks the most interesting and why?
-Kurato is most interesting to me out of the romance-able characters because I like the trope of a misunderstanding and a person being labeled a 'stalker'. Especially if it's the guy. As for side characters, I definitely love the twins, Blace and Jace because they look fine and the bandages! I really dig the bandages!

-Definitely!!! Yes! What's a horror game without horror art!?

-If it did become a commercial game, I would definitely pay $30 minimum.

Pinlin, I hope you know I've been watching you on deviantArt for such a long time. And yes, your side characters have caught my heart! Haha! But it's wonderful to see that the game is so close to being finished! I wish you the best of luck to the completion of the game!
Wha, I'm surprised Kurato got so popular. He was the character I had the most trouble with designing AND writing. My head was all filled with question marks when I thought about him. Personally I think misunderstood characters are funny, as long as it doesn't go too far or is too obvious. I have a thing for bandages as well. It may be a spoiler but they will reveal their faces, depending on what choice you make. I've kept their faces behind bandages for years and now it's time to show their true nature.

I've never posted or attempted horror art, despite I like it a lot. Not sure if people can take it. My friends reacted with "OMG PLZ....D:" when I mentioned there will be scary scenes. They only judged my art skill what I might come up with lol.

Thank you so much for the support! I'm glad to hear that you're willing to pay so much, it tells about the game quality in general. Right now I'm waiting for the composers because the art is nearly done and I need the music for programming too. Thank you for the patience!
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project:

riiko08
Regular
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko

#43 Post by riiko08 »

Pinlin!!! (It's kooriiko here from DA!)
I see that you're still working on your otome game. XD
Everything looks so good and pro! I can't wait to play it soon! Goodluck!

Akemi-Takashi
Regular
Deviantart: Akemi-Takashi

#44 Post by Akemi-Takashi »

*Looks at it with complete adoration while blood drips out of my nose*
LOVE IT! Magnificent work of art!
Pinlin wrote:Now it worries me if the side characters caught too many hearts XD
Yeeeeeeesssssssss! START WORRYING! THE SIDE CHARACTERS REALLY HAVE CAUGHT MY HEART XD

Pinlin
Regular

#45 Post by Pinlin »

riiko08 wrote:Pinlin!!! (It's kooriiko here from DA!)
I see that you're still working on your otome game. XD
Everything looks so good and pro! I can't wait to play it soon! Goodluck!
Riikoo baby (/*u*)/ Of course, I've been! There is no way I drop or slow down on this project now I got so far.
Whaa thank you so much, I'm doing my best on this!
If I'm not mistakes I saw you made some progress on yours too. I'm looking forward to play it as well /)*u*(\
Deviantart | Tumblr

Current project: