Ideas Dump

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Ozitiho
Regular

Re: Ideas Dump

#1441 Post by Ozitiho »

Shinoki wrote::v ...I feel like there are a few things with non-human characters out there already, but the ones that have non-humanoid characters (I believe there was a goldfish otome game somewhere)... well, I haven't found finished ones yet.
Hatoful Boyfriend is pretty finished. I even heard it's pretty good. I aint fucking with no pigeons tho.

Squid
Regular

#1442 Post by Squid »

Hatoful boyfriend, saya no uta and more~

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#1443 Post by Anne »

My girlfriend is an alpaca?)

somestrangecircus
Regular
Completed: Palette Swap (NaNo 2016)
Projects: Yumi-chan's Wonderful Cake Shop
Organization: Some Strange Circus
Tumblr: somestrangecircus
Deviantart: somestrangecircus

#1444 Post by somestrangecircus »

Shinoki wrote:I think it'd be fun to have a story where the main character sees everyone as something that's not human, like robots (like in Quaila the Purple) or bears (Yuri Kuma Arashi manga version). Adding a bit of "reality is what you believe" or sci-fi/fantasy could be funny too (like having the humans that are seen as robots/bears/etc show superpowers or skills that humans don't have but robots/bears/etc do).
That sounds like Saya no Uta to me...Um, he doesn't exactly see them as bears, though...

Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

#1445 Post by Shinoki »

Aish, I can't believe I forgot about the wonderful pigeon game (Hatoful Kareshi). I've never played the alpaca one before (lol, though I've actually seen it around somewhere), and I haven't played Saya no Uta yet either (shame on me).

On the other hand, another idea:
A story where Kaguya-hime really doesn't want to go back to the moon because the emperor guy or some suitor actually caught her eye, but she gets dragged back anyways. And the human love-interest follows her to the moon to rescue her. Basically an otome game based off of the Bamboo cutter.

:v This is already chaotic and I don't even like male bishies...

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#1446 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

I've recently played the ios game called Pub Encounter. I was thinking someone could make a romance game with middle aged men, you know...
ImageImage

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#1447 Post by fleet »

Do you mean a middle aged man as the playable character, or middle aged men as the romanceable characters?
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#1448 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

fleet wrote:Do you mean a middle aged man as the playable character, or middle aged men as the romanceable characters?
Romanceable characters
ImageImage

Amecha
Regular

#1449 Post by Amecha »

Just a setting idea. I haven't been able to get a plot to agree with it in my head so I'll just drop it here.
Some sort of story taking place in a train ride. Really beautiful backgrounds of a train passing over a lake/sea/ocean on the water. (Think the train in Spirited Away, or the water train in One Piece.) Of course it wouldn't have to be confined to just passing over water, just a section of it. It could also pass through beautiful country sides and such. It could be almost slice-of-life in plot or anything as crazy as a horror (the juxtaposition of soft scenery and horror is pretty engrossing). I imagine the plot would be very dialogue driven and grounded. The MC talking to various other passengers or employees on the train. Traveling between the cars, meeting people. Or even just having a talk with one person sitting across from them about where they're from and where they're going.

I wish I could get the idea to solidify in my head so I can actually WORK with it, but I can't.

(Mini rant: ugh short stories. I've got a bunch of different plots and ideas for a VN projects but I really want to do something small for a first project to get my feet wet but me and "short/simple" never seem to get along. Anything I've thought up in the past couple of weeks is just too big to be a first project, and anything resembling a small project never seems to come to a head kinda like this sea train idea.)

Shakezula
Regular

#1450 Post by Shakezula »

(runs to copyright law offices with tablet in hand) :twisted:

I kid, I kid.
Last edited by Shakezula on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shakezula
Regular

#1451 Post by Shakezula »

I'm toying with ideas for a game sequel where the player observes events as they transpired in the original game from the third person perspective, but can influence the environment (kind of like a ghost, or an angel).

Watching the events, you can interfere a little, interfere a lot, or just let things progress as it naturally would.

The idea isn't necessarily new, but it opens up a fun twist for overly plain story ideas.

franny

#1452 Post by franny »

curry nochi rice wrote:A game where the characters are based entirely (maybe not) in various number systems used in computers.

Like Hex-san, Octal-senpai, Decimal-kun, and Binary-chan
I don't know anymore. My next suggestion could be as absurd as making moe girls out of mathematical equations.
(I've been reading through lots of posts. I like this. *grabs idea with both hands, yanks from you, runs away*)

CrazyHussar
Projects: Ever Wished Life
Organization: Mooncaller Studio

#1453 Post by CrazyHussar »

Hey everyone,

I'm working on a title with a few other members but neither can write nor expand the story. The title has seven chapters and it's a lot of pain to fill them with routes.

My greatest problem is the ending. When the VN's idea born inside me, it was a RPG game but that far beyond our skills, that was I decided on a VN. But the most of the VN's has several endings like bad, good or even true endings. But I just want only one ending - the true one. Though I don't want to spoil but how can I bring the players enough experience if they selected different routes and experienced different aspects of the story trough almost 20 hours - may the replay factor will compromises if the outcome is the same?

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#1454 Post by papillon »

Wrong thread. :)

You might want to make a topic talking about multiple routes and true endings, there are probably people with opinions on the subject!

CrazyHussar
Projects: Ever Wished Life
Organization: Mooncaller Studio

#1455 Post by CrazyHussar »

Maybe wrong, maybe isn't :D

Sure thing, I will create one when I arrive home.