A God's Prayer [Kickstarter][Searching for Artists]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Absio

A God's Prayer [Kickstarter][Searching for Artists]

#1 Post by Absio »

Story:

“This world they live in is made of steel, concrete, glass… all man made creations, for the sake of comfort alone.

To make their lives simple... to help them move even faster through life…

because…

afteral...

they are the only living beings in existence to realize that time is passing relentlessly.

Eventually all remaining in their wake will be destruction, either by their hands or by events totally unrelated to their demise.

They realize that.

Humans realize that they are just a speck of dust falling through to the other side of the hourglass of the universe. What would it matter that someone died this day of the hands of a mass murderer or that someone is on a date with their loved one?

They are just walking time bombs, ready to explode at any moment…

… and that’s only natural.

That’s how they were made, afteral.

But…

As humanity evolved, they realized that there is a cause for everything…

... everything is in place because that’s how it was meant to be. This way an equilibrium was constantly maintained.

But what if…

… just what if…

...someone were to discover the truth?

Would they be able to keep moving forward?

If not… what would they be able to do… to forget everything?

I wonder.” ~by A (time immemorial)

The story will be dark, be advised. Psychological. Fantasy. Supernatural. Gore. Horror. Thriller. Romance. Nudity(?). Sexual themes.

At it’s core, this story revolves around supernatural elements called ‘casks’(for convenience) that can grant any wish to a certain person, being in a separate time bubble or even affecting the world itself. You could even call this piece of work a modern fantasy with such a plot. The story follows a male lead though his hurdles to overcome these supernatural elements that threaten to destroy his daily life and his relationships with his friends.

The final product will contain about 4-5 main chapters, same as Akabesoft2’s works: G-Senjou no Maou and Sharin no Kuni. The only difference from them would be that these chapters won’t be as focused on the secondary heroines such as the main story arc about ‘casks’ revolving around a main heroine. In fact the story will be made to focus more on the relationships between the characters and their sanity throughout the events.

Decisions can and will eventually lead to bad endings(death or even worse in some cases). The prologue of the story is going to be made to really underline this fact. Also there will be three types of decisions and bad endings: the environmental type, the relationship type and the end type.

Environmental decisions will affect the world and will often be more in action sequences or be under the form of really important decisions(for survival in certain situations).

Relationship decisions will affect your relationships with others and will take out or add more environmental decisions in certain moments.

Both these decisions will influence what route you will be taking, but more so will do the end type decisions. These decisions will take place, as you probably suspected by now, the end of the chapter, meant to continue the main arc of the story or go on the current side route.

As for the payment, we will make a kickstarter and will eventually get the game through stream greenlight, but first we need to have a demo, which means art.

I am in search of sprite artists and background artists.

If you want to apply for the project please contact me via PM with your skype id and I'll contact you.

As always, you can also reply to this thread in order to contact the poster. The LSF encourages open discussion - Taleweaver

フリークェンシー
Regular

Re: A God's Prayer [Kickstarter][Searching for Artists]

#2 Post by フリークェンシー »

This sounds really interesting! I love horror games and I feel that there is a lack of horror games lately, so kudos to you.
I am an artist, but my art style isn't really in high demand. With that being said, I have questions, if you don't mind me asking:
What art style are you looking for?
What are the basic requirements needed from the artist?
Will said artist get any payment before the kickstarter?
Will there be CGs? And how many do you estimate?
Do you have to use skype to communicate?
Sorry for the crazy amount of questions, just curious.

dillodivadus
Regular

~edited~

#3 Post by dillodivadus »

~edited~
Last edited by dillodivadus on Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Absio

#4 Post by Absio »

No, skype isn't a requirement, but I used it mainly to write to others this way. It's up to you guys what to use, but skype was the thing I used the most, that's why I put it like that.
What art style are you looking for?
Well, any style is good but something at the middle between realistic and full on anime. That'what I thought would benefit the story most, but if I'll think said style is good enough, any there be (except those that are clearly not for this VN).
What are the basic requirements needed from the artist?
The artwork to be solid and the resolve to stick to this project until the very end. This project will have about 9 main characters that are in need of sprites, with at least two different poses and if god is with me, different clothing. So it's a lot of work.
Will said artist get any payment before the kickstarter?
Sadly no. I would like to do so but I don't have the neccesary funds.
Will there be CGs? And how many do you estimate?
Of course there will be CG's, but if you ask how many.. you put me into a corner. I would say about 20-30 ish. but that number isn't set in stone. There could be more, there could be less than that. *whisper* The story isn't done to a T yet.

Tracy Bullet
Regular

#6 Post by Tracy Bullet »

Oh, you put it on Lemmasoft. Great!

Absio

#7 Post by Absio »

Still recruting.

Absio

#8 Post by Absio »

Still recruiting.

Kairui
Regular
Projects: Tsun Rising, A Diver's Tail
Tumblr: kairui-chan
Deviantart: kairui-chan

#9 Post by Kairui »

Hello, just a couple questions before I PM you possibly.

How many CG's do you expect to be in the demo version? And about when are you looking to have the demo finished?
Including the 9 main characters, how many sprites do you need?

Thanks~

I'm an artist
Website