Amplitude (AVAILABLE ON STEAM)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

Re: Amplitude (Sci-Fi,stat raising, GXB, BXG,beta done)

#136 Post by AsHLeX »

Beta!!! I can't wait to try it out! :D
New demo out 24/12/23!!

Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

#137 Post by Xerofit51 »

AsHLeX wrote:Beta!!! I can't wait to try it out! :D
I can't wait to hear your review!

CatyCats
Regular

#138 Post by CatyCats »

I thought I once commented on this threat but apparantly not o.o

I played your beta and I have to tell you: Very enjoyable like always! A lot of choices!! God, it truly makes yourself how you are. Be a sweet one or be a bad one haha xD
I played boy-boy/girl and girl-boy/girl: I enjoyed every part of it.
Love the shower scene too :p, poke poke haha
And so mean about the ending of beta T.T I'm curious about that white haired boy....bachelor or a bad guy.../and that nurse...creepy
The voice acting is also enjoyable. It's special, not always a full sentence of voice acting but there is voice acting. BG's are wonderful and chibi's are cute :3 The cg's , again like in freak-quency, beautiful and creative *-* (like the breakdancer with fish shoes!)
I love their talking xD I love to bully the bodies Katy and Jon hehehe
The CUI (i think that whats called?) Or main menu art is lovely ! Creative creative creative!

A few notices (Ill put them in spoiler because idk if it's actually a spoiler or not, just to be safe)
In the beginning when I'm female soul in female body (katy), you enter her room and there's this sentence with the word "shoold" => "should".
In the mirror/bathroom scene of the same route, I don't know if it's her way of talk of Katy but "yo" => "you" ?
Same route again, in the first appearance of ari and michel outside school, "btother" => "brother"
Same route, In school, there's this option when you choose "to listen" you have the word "mutaion" => "mutation"
Last one on this route, Classroom when you wake up sort of, "caughing"=> "coughing"
Then the boy's body route (jon), you have the lovely shower scene! When you choose -close eyes/bathe- options, you did take a bath.. but after that it says "after deciding not to take a bath and being sticky". Is that normal? I mean Jon did take a bath right? Oh and on the same time, shower sound still continues, but not for long though
I love what you did at the end :p ( you're talking and your friends too) :D (I hope I didn't bother you) That's all I noticed of mistakes though O:

ladynamoru
Regular
Deviantart: ladynamoru

#139 Post by ladynamoru »

first of all congrats for the beta. ^_^ its so pretty and its voiced!!!

I think there are are few spelling errors but the crucial part is in the status Screen since its more noticeable than a minor text error

"Character Infromation" -spelling error

and after jon takes a bath the routes jumps and says that he didn't take a bath.
and I can still hear the shower sounds even in school when he was talking with Luna.

Overall I love the game.... The GUI is very creative (who knew doodles and spray paint is cool as a Background) I already found myself laughing like 2-3 times already and its still in beta. Im truly excited on what comes next.

Is Sonya the Grandma that turned into a baby? (pm me the answer >_<)

Xerofit51
Veteran

#140 Post by Xerofit51 »

Thx for pointing out the bugs, will be fixed for the demo

Kevlei

#141 Post by Kevlei »

Just finished playing the beta, it's lovely! I chose to be the female soul (Eve, very creative I know), in Jon's body. After finishing I have to say I definitely ship him and Felix together even though they're brothers… looking forward to seeing how THAT works out for them!
Now to the spelling error part (I won't be doing grammar nor will I be doing sound bugs, since my sound was turned off while I played this and finding/explaining grammar errors would take a very, very long time. In other words, I'm a lazy bum v.v Feel free to PM me if you really want me to toss a full ten page essay of grammar-nazi filled notes at you :'D)
Jon's route (female soul):
"I can however out you in someone elses body…" - The elses should be "else's." This is during the introduction when the red-eyed girl is explaining things to Eve.
Another minor thing, when Eve says "Thats it?" the "thats" lacks an apostrophe.
"Jumping off of a ten storey building" - storey should be story.
"Ironic hearing that from me, huh? Since my company the one that make'em," (said by Eric in the hospital) consider changing the wording of the last half a little. "Since my company's the one that makes 'em." Or something like that haha, I'm not that good at revising others' work >_>
"They're only assuaged to those in School. To make sure they behave and don't missuse their power." - Missuse should be misuse. The line after that says "Non-mutants are often misstreated afterall" - misstreated should be mistreated and afterall after all.
When they talk about Jon's British PET: "Well of course it is. Dad said we need to learn how to talk like a gentleman." It would be more concise to say "dad said we need how to talk like proper gentlemen."
A few lines from that, Eric says "Isn't it suppose to be the other way around?" Suppose should be supposed.
"Well those chances sound promissing…" (Felix, talking about Eric's cockroach. Eric is my favourite after Felix haha. And that "I love you in the most heterosexual way" Nigahiga reference <33) - promissing should be promising.
"I wasn't finish with my speech." I'm getting into grammar a little now, but the tenses don't match, finish should be finished.
"Oh yeah. you two Harvey!" I chose to go home with Felix because he's too adorable <3 Anyways, you should be uppercase, and two should be too.
"People post request there all the time." Request should be requests. This carries through to the next line of text which says "some request are troublesome sometimes… really nice rewards!"
"Did she went to the store?" When Jon's speaking with the little girl outside the comic store. The wording is pretty strange, and it would make a little more sense to say "did she go to the store?" Or "did she go into the store?"
"That's was really nice of you big bro!" After bringing the girl to her mum, it would make more sense to say "that was really nice of you, big bro!"
"Well fighting off powerful mutants who think 'humans' or those powerless don't desserve to live, is harder than it seems." Desserve should be deserve.
ALSO! When Eve is complaining about Harvey and curfew, her thoughts start out with a bracket [ yet end in quotation marks ", which irks me since I'm OCD like that…
I think this has already been mentioned, but even if you bathe, the game doesn't register it as true~
Tying back to consistency, when Eve and Jon are talking to one another about being er, pooped out by a dog, they use quotation marks, which is a little confusing since I can't tell what's being said aloud and what's in their minds.
"Hopefull we'll get your powers back too." Hopefull should be hopefully.
Don't let my not pickiness fool you though, all in all I loved it<3
I'm definitely looking forward to the full version ^w^

reveris

#142 Post by reveris »

Interesting game thus far! Out of curiousity though, who are all the characters we're able to date if that's okay to ask? :O

Fox Lee
Veteran
Completed: Where Ages Go [NaNo2015]
Projects: Swan x Swan [YuriJam/NaNo16], ♥ON, Guilded Age
Organization: Invincible Ink
Deviantart: foxlee
itch: foxlee

#143 Post by Fox Lee »

Don't take this the wrong way, but I kinda like the sketches more than the final sprites. It's not like the finals are bad! Just, wow, I'm in love with how the uncoloured drawings look. So raw and sexy XD <3 I'd love to see a whole game done in that style sometime.

Anyway, I really like this idea! Overall, I'm getting a very "Persona" type vibe from it. Gonna have to try it our after YuriJam :3

Also, Kevlei, "storey" is not a misspelling when you're talking about building floors.
Fox Lee: The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
CleanDirtyFurryPro

Xerofit51
Veteran

#144 Post by Xerofit51 »

reveris wrote:Interesting game thus far! Out of curiousity though, who are all the characters we're able to date if that's okay to ask? :O
A lot of the haven't shown up in the beta yet but here's a gist of it according to funds
If I don't get funded (for both sides Jon or Katy):
-Felix
-Aron
-Ari
-Simon
-Grace
-Liz
- Michelle
- Bunny
- Chloe
- most members of the mafia except bosses
-school mates (but won't get own ending)
- Your soul (Eve/Adam)
Exclusions : Your parents, some routes from the bar, Cam, mafia bosses , Giselle, P.E.T, Lean (Eric's android)

Exclusive for Katy :Eric, jon
Exclusive for jon : Giselle (if funded), Katy, Luna

If funded....ALLLLĹLLLLLLLLLL (even your P.E.T) I kid u not...well maybe not all but most. All have a route though although not always romantically

The funds are to hire people to write and code some routes. It helps to make the routes actually different and I have college to do (third year, 1 more year to go YEAH)

Where to funds you may ask? I'm currently making an indie gogo page so stay tuned for that. Please support if you want/can. =3

As there r not many ways to make money for an indonesian college student (we don't have many part time jobs in my city)

Xerofit51
Veteran

#145 Post by Xerofit51 »

Fox Lee wrote:Don't take this the wrong way, but I kinda like the sketches more than the final sprites. It's not like the finals are bad! Just, wow, I'm in love with how the uncoloured drawings look. So raw and sexy XD <3 I'd love to see a whole game done in that style sometime.

Anyway, I really like this idea! Overall, I'm getting a very "Persona" type vibe from it. Gonna have to try it our after YuriJam :3

Also, Kevlei, "storey" is not a misspelling when you're talking about building floors.
Hahaha I like my non-colored art more too. Maybe if I make another non-commercial game :).

Thanks thoigh I'm glad ur willing to give it a shot. Hopefully I can release the demo on 9th September (if all goes well...it's not that different from the beta but cleaner and more bug free

Have fun at Yuri jam!

And thanks to all who previously commented. I am sorry I haven't had the time to reply to you all. Know that I really appreciate your time thoigh to give me feed back :)

Xerofit51
Veteran

#146 Post by Xerofit51 »

Very simple facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/Amplitude.visua ... age_bubble
Big update tomorrow though hehhehehe
Last edited by Xerofit51 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xerofit51
Veteran

Re: Amplitude (Sci-Fi,stat raising, GXB, BXG,DEMO AVAILABLE)

#147 Post by Xerofit51 »

DEMO IS AVAILABLE!!

http://bit.ly/1OgLzlG

HAPPY B'DAY SONNYA!!!
Last edited by Xerofit51 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hako

#148 Post by Hako »

I'm not very far in the demo, but I came across a bug? I was in the text message reply screen and I wanted to exit out instead of respond, but it gave me an error. Don't know if anybody else came across this and I wanted to let you know just in case.

Xerofit51
Veteran

#149 Post by Xerofit51 »

Hako wrote:I'm not very far in the demo, but I came across a bug? I was in the text message reply screen and I wanted to exit out instead of respond, but it gave me an error. Don't know if anybody else came across this and I wanted to let you know just in case.
Hmmm That's a first. Did you clicked "don't reply" option or right clicking?

Hako

#150 Post by Hako »

Xerofit51 wrote:Hmmm That's a first. Did you clicked "don't reply" option or right clicking?
I right clicked on it. I didn't try the don't reply option yet, but I'll give it a try later.