Ascension:Echoes in the dark [CANCELED]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
irethalda
Deviantart: irethalda

Re: Ascension:Echoes in the dark [GxB][GxG][RPG]

#46 Post by irethalda »

I am so sorry to say this but in the files, when I download them, I always have my antivirus telling me that one of the files has been infected with "tr/dropper.gen" in it so I always have to suppress it and I don't know what to do!! I can't play it even though I really want to!

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#47 Post by philip »

@Rinmaru-

Back in early March, I came upon this thread, and decided to look at the earlier flash-based Chapters 1 - 3. I finally got back to finish chapters 2 and 3; and was very impressed with the quality - all around! One pass through does not do them justice, so I will be going back and exploring the stories with different choices. I echo the comment of an earlier poster that it would be terrific if the early stories could be converted to the RenPy platform; I recognize that it would be a huge job, but they are done so well, that I would be willing to pay for them.

Now to the present alpha release: When I first went through it a couple of months ago, I thought that it was awfully short, with not a whole lot to discover. When I went back yesterday, I found that I had missed a LOT, because I didn't notice the small and fairly faint arrows at the sides and/or top of some screens which enabled moving from place to place. DUH! Well, that took care of the next couple of hours for me! I thoroughly enjoyed exploring, and solving the mini-quests, and am now going to be impatiently awaiting the next release!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Rinmaru
Regular
Completed: Cardinal Cross
Projects: Cardinal Cross
Tumblr: impqueengames
Deviantart: rinmaru

#48 Post by Rinmaru »

@ irethalda
I think that's a false positive. Happens with some anti virus programs.

@ philip
Thank you so much! =) I'm really glad you liked it.
I actually wanted to re-make all of the old chapters on ren'py but I don't have the time T___T! For now, I'll just leave it like this. Maybe in the future!

hairypooter

#49 Post by hairypooter »

Tips for Alpha:
When picklocking and everytime you tap E on the right time and nothing happened. Make sure to turn OFF your caps lock, just a little bug :lol:

awesomeautumn
Regular

#50 Post by awesomeautumn »

I've been playing through the demo, and this game is amazing so far! I couldn't believe that only one person is working on this. I'm loving the variations in the sprites, and the player sprite is so gorgeous. I love all of her expressions. I'm a huge fan of customization so I'm kind of crying over the race/appearance/background customization stuff. It reminds me of Dragon Age, and I had good times with Dragon Age. The only problem I've had so far is that the arrows to move to different locations are hard to see (at least for me? Maybe I'm just blind ;_;). I'm excited to see this finished! Good luck ヽ(。・ω・。)ノ

Rinmaru
Regular

#51 Post by Rinmaru »

@hairypooter
Tips for Alpha:
When picklocking and everytime you tap E on the right time and nothing happened. Make sure to turn OFF your caps lock, just a little bug :lol:

*gasp* :shock: I'll fix it as soon as I start working on ETD again ;_;! Thank you so much for reporting!

@awesomeautumn
I've been playing through the demo, and this game is amazing so far! I couldn't believe that only one person is working on this. I'm loving the variations in the sprites, and the player sprite is so gorgeous. I love all of her expressions. I'm a huge fan of customization so I'm kind of crying over the race/appearance/background customization stuff. It reminds me of Dragon Age, and I had good times with Dragon Age. The only problem I've had so far is that the arrows to move to different locations are hard to see (at least for me? Maybe I'm just blind ;_;). I'm excited to see this finished! Good luck ヽ(。・ω・。)ノ

Thank you so much! I want to add character customization in all my games but it is a little tricky and multiplies the game's byte amount by 2(or more O_O!) ;_;! Especially because my English is not that great, so I am not very good at writing narratives and that's why I have to make do with a lot of emotions for each character. It's a bit troubling when you have to add a million emotions to every skincolor/pose T_T! Still, when I get comments like these, I start to think it's worth it :D! So, thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed that feature!
Also, I will definitely make the arrows more visible >.<! It was hard to see for a lot of people. *fails*

Kirlett
Regular

#52 Post by Kirlett »

What. WHAT!? Rinmaru...you are making another VN/Otome. In the same world as Ascension. WHAT. :D :D
And it's free. IT'S FREE. If I die of happiness, it'll be your fault.
I loved Ascension and I can assure you: you have nothing to worry about. You're a great writer and I'm sure the story and the characters will be amazing. Customizable heroine, yaay~! Btw, when I said "I loved Ascension" I meant: "I loved Ascension and every single game you have created until now." Hehe, keep the good work!

Pastel.Lulu
Tumblr: your-pop-punk-princess

#53 Post by Pastel.Lulu »

I loved Ascension so much, I'm so looking forward to playing your new game.
The plot seems amazing, so does the art, and I love the fact that the heroine is customizable!

Rinmaru
Regular

#54 Post by Rinmaru »

@Kirlett
What. WHAT!? Rinmaru...you are making another VN/Otome. In the same world as Ascension. WHAT. :D :D
And it's free. IT'S FREE. If I die of happiness, it'll be your fault.
I loved Ascension and I can assure you: you have nothing to worry about. You're a great writer and I'm sure the story and the characters will be amazing. Customizable heroine, yaay~! Btw, when I said "I loved Ascension" I meant: "I loved Ascension and every single game you have created until now." Hehe, keep the good work!

:shock: Ahh! Don't die please!!! I really am not a great writer or a writer of any kind :P, but I do my best to create enjoyable games :). Thank you so much for the support! <3

@Pastel.Lulu
I loved Ascension so much, I'm so looking forward to playing your new game.
The plot seems amazing, so does the art, and I love the fact that the heroine is customizable!

Thank you sooo much :)! I'll do my best to release the first chapter as soon as possible. (That is after Calling Cipher)
I really miss working on ETD now :)!

Rika-san
Tumblr: rikapeak

#55 Post by Rika-san »

*cough* as a longtime fan of yours I'm really exited *cough*
its beautiful
Ascension is amazing
take all the time you need to make it.
;)

Rinmaru
Regular

#56 Post by Rinmaru »

@Rika-san
*cough* as a longtime fan of yours I'm really exited *cough*
its beautiful
Ascension is amazing
take all the time you need to make it.
;)

Thank you so much!
I'm doing my best! I'll start working on ETD as my main project after I'm done with Calling Cipher >.<;
I really miss working on it!

thuggywuggy
Tumblr: thuggywuggy
Deviantart: bubbledropped

#57 Post by thuggywuggy »

I'm actually running into a HUGE problem right off the bat. I downloaded the game, but I can't actually select ANYTHING from menus. I've uninstalled and re-installed the game, restarted my computer. I have all the hardware requirements met and such. I'm not sure what's going on. I'll open up the settings menu, and I can't select anything or close out of it. The same goes for the character creation menu, I've tried both the click and the arrow/enter methods. I can't select that I want to quit when I try to close, so I have to force-quit the application. I'm on a mac if that matters. I really want to check it out though! Any advice?

sherberrie
Regular

#58 Post by sherberrie »

What do you think so far?

I LOVED your previous Ascension games, so I'm super hyped! I can't wait for it to released! Seriously, this game almost has it all, character customization, fantasy, shops(I like spending money)...

I'm having trouble with the game file size. No matter what I do, (saving for web via photoshop, using zips, packaging, stomping on the files) the files won't shrink and the game will probably end up being...around 1gb. T_____T...So my question is...Is it okay? Like...Is it the most terrible thing ever, the worst mistake of anyone can ever do on a visual novel, that people would rather paying me to stop making games if I make it more than...1 gb? like...1,5 gb? maybe...

I actually don't really have much of a problem with that. I've downloaded big MMORPGS that almost took six days to download, so that's not much of a problem to me. Plus, who am I to complain when I get a super cool free game? Totally worth it!

Again, if you have suggestions, ideas etc...shoot :D!

I'll get back to you on that one once I play the demo. And I can't say much because you're practically my idol! I think everything you make is great.

Elextra
Projects: Ookami Princess

#59 Post by Elextra »

1 What do you think so far?
---You are just going above and beyond and to be honest, you are really amazing! To think you're working alone... please make sure to take breaks so you don't strain yourself! I am just in love with the original Ascension and am super hyped for this one. I can't wait for it to be finished.

2 I'm having trouble with the game file size. No matter what I do, (saving for web via photoshop, using zips, packaging, stomping on the files) the files won't shrink and the game will probably end up being...around 1gb. T_____T...So my question is...Is it okay? Like...Is it the most terrible thing ever, the worst mistake of anyone can ever do on a visual novel, that people would rather paying me to stop making games if I make it more than...1 gb? like...1,5 gb? maybe...
---I would not mind at all. You are adding so much cool stuff in this one that of course the file is going to be huge.

rialta

#60 Post by rialta »

Hello

Your game is great. I wait with impatience !