Magical Otoge Ciel [GxB] [Fantasy] [Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Violacchi
Tumblr: tellurions

Re: Magical Otoge Ciel [Complete][Free][Comedy/Romance]

#31 Post by Violacchi »

Oh my gosh, I just finished playing Florien's route and I will definitely play the other two routes as well.

I've played a lot of VN's, and I have to definitely say that this one takes the cake! The art was absolutely gorgeous, and I really liked Ciel's character design. The Haunted House scene definitely cracked me up, I was laughing like crazy (meanwhile getting strange looks from my family). I have to say I found Yvin's character very refreshing amidst the sort of tension, and Florien was amazingly adoRABLEEEE. Thank you author-san for making such a great game!! ^^

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#32 Post by KittyKatStar »

Played 2 routes so far and loved it! I... really liked Anton >////< I love tightwad characters, especially when they're knights. XD

Yvin in the haunted house scene was my favourite! The art was very pretty and I really enjoyed the light-hearted JRPG tones of the game.

Great job and I look forward to more from you. :D

AeraMillenia

#33 Post by AeraMillenia »

Batensan! I already follow you on tumblr and wanted to say again I love your art! I was dying for you to make an otome game cos,no offence, I didn't think you'd actually make one! You have plenty of good ideas too! Anyways I was interested in this Otoge the moment I saw it,I'll be back with feedback once I'm done! I'm sure it'll be awesome.

peprika

#34 Post by peprika »

hhh hh h hhh i really want to try this out bc everyone has such nice words about it,
but it says error every time i try to open up the application??

i've tried redownloading it as well, but the application just seems to disappear....is it because of the computer im using or?? :0 :___(

Batensan
Regular
Completed: Moon Observatory (Ciel, Anholly, Iris), Pizzaro Project Deep Dish
Tumblr: batensan
Deviantart: batensan
itch: batensan

#35 Post by Batensan »

peprika wrote:hhh hh h hhh i really want to try this out bc everyone has such nice words about it,
but it says error every time i try to open up the application??

i've tried redownloading it as well, but the application just seems to disappear....is it because of the computer im using or?? :0 :___(
I'm sorry to hear that! Did you remember to extract the folder from the zip before clicking on the application? For someone in the past, their extracting program was the problem. I use 7zip or winrar. Sometimes it's also due to an antivirus sort of program or Windows SmartScreen, in which case disabling it should work. The game works on Windows, Macs, and Linux. If you still can't get it to work, I might be able to figure it out through a screenshot if you'd like. I hope you can get it to work!
Developer of Moon Observatory.

peprika

#36 Post by peprika »

ah, i think i know what the problem is, maybe??
i tried disabling smartscreen, but that didn't seem to be the problem, so i was snooping around in the files and the application seems to be missing??

like, everything is there but that :00
im using my dad's computer btw! because my own is in the new apartment we're moving into.

sorry if this is a bother!!

sherberrie
Regular

#37 Post by sherberrie »

Loved it! It was super funny and I had a great time playing it. I've only played Florien's route so far (hes such a precious cinnamon roll omg i love him the most), but I'm definitely going to play the other ones once I get time. Even if I haven't finished the whole game, I'm still looking forward to seeing your future projects~

Batensan
Regular

#38 Post by Batensan »

peprika wrote:ah, i think i know what the problem is, maybe??
i tried disabling smartscreen, but that didn't seem to be the problem, so i was snooping around in the files and the application seems to be missing??
I checked the mediafire file and everything worked fine. The thing you should be clicking on is this:

If it's really not there, then I'm sorry to say that I have no idea what the problem is...! Maybe try with another computer?

peprika

#39 Post by peprika »

Batensan wrote:If it's really not there, then I'm sorry to say that I have no idea what the problem is...! Maybe try with another computer?
i just tried it on my own computer and it works!! i also tried it on my dad's account and it worked there as well! :0 i don't know why it didn't work for the non-admin account i was using on his :\ ???

thank you for all your help though!! sorry about the bother too ^^;
time to enjoy this!! HURRAH!!!

Batensan
Regular

#40 Post by Batensan »

peprika wrote:thank you for all your help though!! sorry about the bother too ^^;
time to enjoy this!! HURRAH!!!
Not at all! I hope you enjoy it and tell me what you think! :D

HnubNtuj

#41 Post by HnubNtuj »

This was my first english VN and it was really cute imo. I thought I was set in stone for Florien's route at first, but there was something about Anton that kept making me want to try him first. I loved his route, although I did feel somewhat bad for Florien (so I did his route next). Marchen's design is really pretty and I couldn't help but love Yvin and Ciel's characters as well. The Ib reference made me do a double take and laugh lol.

Bianchii
Regular

#42 Post by Bianchii »

Argh! I love Yvin! Thanks for making such a wonderful game! Why isn't he a choice on a first playthrough though? I found that weird because I knew from the moment I saw him I would want to go for him xD But Anton's route is also awesome! Also just a thing I have on my mind, you know when going for Anton and you are on the hill with Yvin, he leaves but it gives you a choice to ask him to stay, that would have been awesome to see on Yvin's route but just a thought haha. You're awesome!!!! I love the art and the music and everything! Waiting for the other games, but take your time, I know how being in college/university is (so demanding!). Lots of love <3 And damn, the poll on most popular character is so close haha! They're all adorable!

Batensan
Regular

#43 Post by Batensan »

Bianchii wrote:Argh! I love Yvin! Thanks for making such a wonderful game! Why isn't he a choice on a first playthrough though?
In a recent update of the game I made a few days ago, I mentioned in Yvin's section of the Author's Note that his route isn't possible without completing the main route first because of... mysterious reasons. Just to be more cryptic about it, I was trying to imply that Yvin's affection for Ciel in Florien/Anton's route carried over to his own route! Try not to think about it too hard!

MirukiMary
Deviantart: MirukiMary

#44 Post by MirukiMary »

This game was so great???? Everything from the art, the music, the characters and the story was so fun!! I love the lighthearted atmosphere~~! It suited your cute art style so well ♥

Speaking of art, I LOVE the character designs! Specially Florien and Ven~! Oh and the princess! She looks so mature and awesome!
The bgs are really adorable too. The whole game gives a storybook kind of feeling, i love it.

My favorite scenes are definitely:
- The ones with Yvin and the ghosts. They were adorable and hilarious! Kinda made me wish he *actually* became the lil' ghosts' boss so they'd follow him around.
- The 'Ciel destroys the mirror' ones. They were so powerful? Specially Florien's version. My heart was like doki doki during the whole thing. Ciel is so cool!!!
My fav boy was Yvin! He's so sweet!!
"Guardian angel" kind of characters ALWAYS wins me over. He's great. And his puns are even greater!!
Played Florian's route first, but couldn't help but feel super bad for Yvin as the route progressed.
Then the ending came, with Yvin noticing he wasn't following the princess just for the ransom anymore. My heart literally ached jfc. Then the game: "You unlocked Yvin route!!" I ALMOST STARTED CRYING OF JOY AND RELIEF.
also just noticed i decided to play because of Anton and Florian saying "please choose me", but i ended up choosing neither. lmao sry guys!!

My fav route was Anton's.
I'm a sucker for anything regarding memories or 'losing time together'. Even more when its so well written ;w; poor, poor teddy bear. Must have been super hard for everyone involved on the events (;A;)

idk how to say how much fun i had with this game! ;w;
At some point I just started grinning like crazy and couldn't stop. Best feeling ever!
Honestly I could go on about this game forever, but... That's enough rant for one night @_@"

Loved every second of it! I'm really looking forward for your next projects!! **\('v')/**

Batensan
Regular

#45 Post by Batensan »

MirukiMary wrote:This game was so great???? Everything from the art, the music, the characters and the story was so fun!! I love the lighthearted atmosphere~~! It suited your cute art style so well ♥
Thank you!! I'm so happy to hear that I could make your heart ache! I took a lot of time and thought in making Yvin's goodbye scene, after all! I hope you enjoy my future otome games as much as you did this one!