Studio recruiting 2D artists ( 04/06 update )

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Jason_OCE
Projects: Cafe Yume, Cold Kingdoms
Organization: We don't have a name yet
Soundcloud: armies-mmoe

Studio recruiting 2D artists ( 04/06 update )

#1 Post by Jason_OCE »

Who are we?

We're a new studio, looking to get some more people on board. We're going to be starting as a Free Project group, but will look towards commercial projects after producing successful products. My main goal is to create something awesome, and hopefully find a way to reward those that helped make something awesome. Can't reveal the name just yet ( not sure if we have one )

What we do

Well... there's nothing here yet.... but what we're going to do relies on the entire team, and that could include you! We'll be tackling all types of visual novels, with the goal to tell people a story. Give them an experience, one where they walk away with something to remember. We've got a lot of focus on creating an immersive universe, with characters that feel real.

Current Projects

- Cafe Yume | School life, Romance, Comedy | Current project

In a small suburban town, with only two schools, the all boys school is forced to close down, and join up with the all girls school for budgetary reasons. It's the first time the two genders have had extended interactions with each other.

In your group of friends, you're given the wager that the first one to get a date wins. We're keeping actual details quiet, though there's a LOT of writing that's been done.

- Cold Kingdoms | Fantasy, Drama, Action | larger project for later

A Visual Novel with themes of coming of age, love, morality, racism, revenge, and politics. Contains h-scenes.

Power once ravaged the land of Alastrus, but from the ashes, civilization rose. After many years, peace is established, the temporary truce gave way to amazing growth, as 10 kingdoms were formed in Alastrus, and the Grand Hall is built in the centre of their great land, as a place of peace and negotiations. This marked Year 1 of the Alastrus Calendar. Alastrus and its inhabitants found ways to harness the power left in the world. Small, powerful orbs which imbue the user with a specific theme of power, all giving different benefits, and varying in nature depending on the race, and age of the individual.

In the year 221, a great war erupted over the orbs of power. Using these powers, the kingdoms waged a bloody war against each other. Allegiances were broken, leaders fell, and kingdoms were destroyed in the aggressive expansion. After 5 years of war, only 4 kingdoms remain in a siege stalemate. Finally, the four leaders send their messengers to the Grand Hall to negotiate a ceasefire, and finally Peace returns to Alastrus between the four remaining kingdoms, Emerald Plains, Elven Kingdom, Crescent Solari, and Loyal Hearts.

One thing had the potential to ruin this peace. Liam Kitzuchi, the only known survivor from the Kitzuchi kingdom and family. While under pursuit, the escape tunnel caved in, trapping himself and his fox companion Kami in an unexplored cavern. Here, they come across an Orb of Power. Overwhelmed with hatred and revenge, Liam decides he will use the power he absorbs to destroy the kingdoms that were responsible, but after the war subsided, those responsible were dead. When he turned 16, peace was declared, so instead he took to hunting criminals and bandits, continuing his training.

Liam learns about the kingdoms and the war from a different perspective questioning what he knows, and learning to trust, and maybe, love.

What will Liam seek, and will he find it?

Open Positions

Bold positions are actively being recruited, and other positions are open, but not actively open.

- Art Director | 1
70% Visual, 30% Writing
An artist, to take the lead on all artistic views, styles and themes. You'll make the choices for the art team's direction, define our style, and assist the team in achieving our design goals. You'll need experience with projects, but positions of leadership are optional.

- Resident Artist(s) | 3
85% Visual 15% Writing
We're looking specifically for an artist with skills in Backgrounds, and CG. Official positions include; Sprite Color artist, Background artist, CG artist, and general helper

- Animator | 1-2
75% Visual, 25% Writing
An artist, with skills in Animation. You'll work with the team to create cinematic animations, and video trailers. A background in Art and Animation is necessary, but if you're new and can show progress, you can always apply.

- Audio Engineer | 1
80% Sound 20% Writing
An audio engineer, to create and outsource music, sound effects, and voice acting ( maybe ). Having a few samples would be nice.

- Composers | 1-2
90% Sound, 10% Writing
The composers make music. We have a few composers already, but are looking for additional people to help out, and either enhance existing styles, or bring their own.

- Coder
90% Coding 10% Writing

- Writer | 1
99% Writing 1% Crazy
From backstory, lore and dialogue, to narration and dialogue work. You'll be working on existing projects, and developing your own independent ideas and concepts, to possibly be adapted by the team

What we can offer

We're currently in our founding days, and have nothing but our passion and individual skills to create content. The plus side? As we're taking a focus on Quality, not Quantity, you can enjoy relaxing time constraints, to refine your craft and produce the best creations possible, as well as enjoy a nice team environment with people from all walks of life. Work on your skills, and have something amazing to show for it when it's done! But yeah, when the group starts making revenue, I will not be taking any large stakes, and will be rewarding the team in the most appropriate ways I can find.

The team

Note; After an extended break, the team's actual roster is uncertain, though I'll be getting people back into things over the course of the next week. We're still taking applications in the meantime.

==== Jason ====.
Australia
Lead Narrative Design, head of [x]

==== Gozzy ====
Australia
Writer

==== The Vagrant ====
Australia
Editor, proofreader, VN expert

==== Van Wulf ====
Germany
Artist

==== April ====
Australia
Mascot, Cosplayer

Application form!

Please message your applications privately below, using the following
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/ucp.ph ... se&u=32295

After messaging, throw a post that you've sent in an application, so I know to check. Feel free to include examples of what you're sending and where you're from. Get some discussion going.
Name; your real name, or your screen name, whichever you prefer.
Applying for Position; the position you are applying for. Listing multiple is okay, probably.
Skillset; What you have to offer, native languages, and applicable skills.
Experience; What you've done, and what you've worked on.
Personal; Tell us a bit about yourself. We wanna be friends here.
Skype; we wanna be able to contact you somehow, and phone bills are expensive.

Even if you're not 100% sure on if you want to join, feel free to drop an application, let me know you're not 100% and we'll have a chat, see if the project is right for you :)
Last edited by Jason_OCE on Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 45 times in total.

ibukichan
Regular
Completed: Project E.A.R.T.H. [NaNo '15]
Projects: A Step Ahead, Deadhead, Jinsei no Mondai
itch: aikosakana

Re: NEW Studio recruiting multiple positions ( Early days )

#2 Post by ibukichan »

Hey~ I sent an application :) I'm a programmer from Canada. I hope you give me a chance to work with you~

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#3 Post by Taleweaver »

Our requirements for recruitment demand that if you wish to use our forums to recruit a team, you need to have a project to recruit for, and be willing to share several details of said project, none of which your thread does.

Please make the necessary additions to your opening post.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Jason_OCE

#4 Post by Jason_OCE »

Sorry, missed that part.

Updated, let me know if this isn't satisfactory. :)

ChillTaco
Regular

#5 Post by ChillTaco »

I am involved in the ways of delicious flavors.

reneexie01
Projects: Turncoat Wolves (incomplete)
Deviantart: reneexie01art

Re: NEW Studio recruiting multiple positions ( Artists pls )

#7 Post by reneexie01 »

Ready to roll

Mightyfeast
Projects: Cafe Yume

Re: NEW Studio recruiting multiple positions

#8 Post by Mightyfeast »

I'm on board and looking forward to working with you!

pidjun
Tumblr: greypidjun

#9 Post by pidjun »

Let's do this :D

Jason_OCE

Re: NEW Studio recruiting multiple positions ( Audio Enginee

#10 Post by Jason_OCE »

As an update, the Art team is starting to shape up, and will be working on concept work for the next week or so while I finalize design points in the story. In the mean time, we'll be looking to on board a sound designer or two, to begin production on Audio assets for the Visual Novel projects.

Kuroi_Usagi
Regular
Projects: AuL, I am Succubus, 74901
Organization: Self
Soundcloud: ragingwhiterabbit
itch: kuroi-usagi.itch.io

Re: NEW Studio recruiting multiple positions ( Audio Enginee

#11 Post by Kuroi_Usagi »

It appears I will be joining this Studio as its writer.
"I've always seen failure as a possibility, but never as an option."
Discord: Bunny of Wrath#3201
ImageImageImage

megumisoft

#12 Post by megumisoft »

Hi I'll be joining this studio doing sound design and SFX.

Ironshroom
Soundcloud: Alan McInnes

#13 Post by Ironshroom »

I'm coming onto this team as a composer! Hooray for me!

Jason_OCE

Re: NEW Studio recruiting multiple positions ( Art / Animato

#14 Post by Jason_OCE »

Alright, we've only got one or two spots left that we're looking for. If you fit the bill, let us know!

yvanc
Regular

Re: NEW Studio recruiting multiple positions ( Art / Animato

#15 Post by yvanc »

Hello, I'm in. Nice to meet you all.