CLOSED - Thanks!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Kate
Regular
Projects: Blackout
Organization: Moonlight Otome

CLOSED - Thanks!

#1 Post by Kate »

Hi! Here's a link to my project: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118

What I am seeking:

An artist to create a simple silhouette-style logo to replace the one that does not match my game style with similar wording style;
I would like a background that looks like underwater in a lake or body of water and a drowning silhouette since that is one of the many ways the MC can accidentally die in my mystery game project.

It is set to be released as a commercial game (Half of a route free; the full 6-7 routes in a paid full version) so I would be willing to pay around $25-45 based on complexity for a combination of a background for the main menu and a simple logo that has a similar font to the one in the current logo. (The logo would have the font and probably a very mini-silhouette of the same figure in the drowning pose). If I was really sold on a rough sketch and the artist insists on a bit higher of a rate and I just must have your artwork, then I'll consider paying a bit more. Unfortunately, as it goes, I trusted friends too many times to produce artwork (commissioned) and it just didn't work out, killing my budget and leaving me with unusable artwork. So, I can't pay an exorbitant amount for art.... which is sad. I value art and I hate to have to ask for low prices.

Comment or PM me if you are interested.
I can mock up terrible but workable doodle examples to communicate clearly what I want, I'll try not to be difficult... I also have picture inspiration if that helps.
Last edited by Kate on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Project:
Blackout [VN][Romance][GxB][Mystery][Suspense] http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118
"It is the duty of authors to make the fantastic seem ordinary and the ordinary seem fantastic." - K. Auer

Kate
Regular
Projects: Blackout
Organization: Moonlight Otome

Re: Seeking Artist for a logo and main menu background

#2 Post by Kate »

Here are my inspiration photos, to make it easier:
There should be a sinking silhouette of a girl somewhere near the front/left-ish side of the screen. The waters should be very dark near the bottom but gradient blues and watery hues to give the impression of a murky lake. Blackout can have a murky, eery or kind of ethereal script/font/ what you might call it for the title on the logo/main screen. The logo should have the wording, but should include the silhouette of the (woman, I should say, she's college aged) but miniaturized, included somewhere in the logo.
Attachments
This one is closest to a pose. But no crazy dress; probably more shadowy or a full silhouette.
This one is closest to a pose. But no crazy dress; probably more shadowy or a full silhouette.
I couldn't find a pose I like entirely to model, but imagine sinking down legs first but reaching one arm loosely towards the surface as you sink. The other one can be bent or doing whatever an arm would naturally be doing while sinking
I couldn't find a pose I like entirely to model, but imagine sinking down legs first but reaching one arm loosely towards the surface as you sink. The other one can be bent or doing whatever an arm would naturally be doing while sinking
inspiration 3.jpg (5.7 KiB) Viewed 607 times
This one inspires me the most, it's haunting.
This one inspires me the most, it's haunting.
Fantasy_Brunette_Brunette_Drown_Bubbles_Drowning_Underwater_44473_detail_thumb.jpg (45.91 KiB) Viewed 607 times
stock-photo-59055596-woman-floating-underwater.jpg
stock-photo-59055596-woman-floating-underwater.jpg (14.36 KiB) Viewed 607 times
Current Project:
Blackout [VN][Romance][GxB][Mystery][Suspense] http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118
"It is the duty of authors to make the fantastic seem ordinary and the ordinary seem fantastic." - K. Auer