Masq, visual novel/interactive drama

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
javier

Masq, visual novel/interactive drama

#1 Post by javier »

I want to let you know about our visual novel, Masq. http://www.alteraction.com

Masq just made the PC Gamer's Top 100 Games of All Time and it's getting great reviews worldwide. Masq is set in an edgy, erotically-charged world of gorgeous fashion models and dangerous mobsters. As the protagonist of the story, you can be to be a hero, a villain or anything in-between. You can replay Masq over and over and experience an unprecedented variety of plot twists and endings including murder, sex, betrayal and yes...even love. The twist is, in Masq...it’s all up to you!

You can find Masq at http://www.alteraction.com, or directly download the whole 5 episodes file (17MB) from http://www.alteraction.com/downloadpage.php

You require Windows, Shockwave if played from the browser, and you need to be online even to play the download (sorry). For now Masq is free and there is no adware or anything like that. We're clean you can Google us and check what other people in your forum are saying http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... f=4&t=2802

Masq is for ages 16+. Masq is not for children.

Enjoy

Javier
jjm@alteraction.com

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

Re: Masq, visual novel/interactive drama

#2 Post by Der Tor »

this game is really unique... it seems to have hundreds of branches depending on your actions. What is really, really great about the game is that each time you choose something that is moraly wrong thinking it will bring you momentary benifits, but than painfully realize how in the long run it brings you in more and more trouble. It's kinda a moral test for the player. I guess if your character is in deep trouble at the end, then that's because you choose the dishonest and selfish choices.

Oh... and if you ever want to translate it into german, i can help you with that :mrgreen:

javier

#3 Post by javier »

We're really glad you liked Masq Der Tor. Thanks for offering translating it to German. It would be great! Let's stay in touch. My mail is jjm@alteraction.com

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#4 Post by Otaku Dash »

Just finished the Online demo... Masq is very promising and interesting to play and the multiple choices make it intriguing enough to engulf a player into seeing what comes next :) I must be honest though when I saw that this game was online only.. wich is a shame really cause that may disuade some people to play it (I myself was a bit a backtrack when it said it was online only even with the 5 episodes downloaded ^^; ). Still that dosen't make it less interesting *smiles*

I can only hope this project remains free and that one day it might have a stand alone version.. in the meantime I wish you the best and the good work on the continuation or work in this project. I might try the full version later when I have time. ^^
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

naiomi666

#5 Post by naiomi666 »

I really like this game because it is so much fun to play. I just haven't figure out how to find the wife cheating on you. If anyone can find it please tell me, 8)

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Der Tor »

WOW... i didn't even know she was cheating...

The only thing that i know which gets close, is that when you go to prison, you have the option to ask your wife to persuade her boss to drop the charges... she will than sleep with him... but i don't know if that counts as cheating, since you kinda asked for it.

Nobody

#7 Post by Nobody »

This VN's a masterpiece in gameplay. The graphics are nothing special (but still not bad), audio is non-existent and there're no deep philosophical discussions or aww-inducing romantic scenes, but the sheer amount of possible outcomes and plotlines is amazing. I've played 4 times so far and each time it was a completely different storyline. Right to the root. I've been a loving husband, a Don Juan, a murderer and a regular successful businessman so far. I like how sometimes not only your choices but random chance and speed seems to determine the outcome so you can't just follow the usual VN trial-and-error routine to find every possible ending.
WOW... i didn't even know she was cheating...
Whether she does depends on how you built up the plot.

naiomi666

#8 Post by naiomi666 »

would you know how to build that plot?

Hakura0

#9 Post by Hakura0 »

I seriously stink at this game...
So far I've succeeded in getting Peter shot to death, trophy'd to death, and lost the funding at the last minute. The last one occurred when my goal was to keep Peter /alive/ for the course of a playthrough so, success I guess?

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Der Tor »

it only now occurs to me that this game is kinda like "Lola rennt" (Run Lola, run) :mrgreen:

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#11 Post by Vatina »

Der Tor wrote:it only now occurs to me that this game is kinda like "Lola rennt" (Run Lola, run) :mrgreen:
I love that movie!

(Sorry, that was off-topic....)