Viridescent Dragon: Chapter 1 [Kinetic][Fantasy][Adventure]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Viridea
Regular
Completed: Viridescent Dragon: Chapter 1, Viridescent Dragon: Chapter 2, Viridescent Dragon: Halloween Special, Viridescent Dragon: Chapter 3
Projects: Viridescent Dragon
Organization: Viridea Productions
Tumblr: virideaproductions
Deviantart: Viridea
itch: veedragon

Viridescent Dragon: Chapter 1 [Kinetic][Fantasy][Adventure]

#1 Post by Viridea »

Viridescent Dragon: Chapter 1 Kinetic Visual Novel

Download it on Gamejolt, itch.io, indiedb and indiegamestand:

Image Image Image

Hey guys! This is my first Kinetic Visual Novel, called Viridescent Dragon. It's about 50 minutes long if you autoplay the text. I originally had an earlier version of this game called "Charlit Chapter 1" But I updated that game and renamed it to Viridescent Dragon: Chapter 1. Yes, this novel is gonna be in chapters as you can see. Here is some info about the game:

After waking up in a forest, meet Charlotte, the smack-talking, amnesic dragon girl who travels with her friends on a quest to regain her memories... Who is she and where did she really come from? The journey won't be easy, as she will have to conquer many obstacles and find out the hidden truths about the world she travels through, the friends she makes, the reigning monarchs, and the deities that are worshiped...

This is the first of many humorous and drama-filled chapters to come.

Press the "A" key to Auto play the text.

This game is in 1920 x 1080 resolution, in window mode and full screen mode.

Sorry, Windows only. Unless you can find a way to play .exe files on something else.

Also, be careful, as the game can crash when you close it, as Novelty, the program I used to create this game, is still in its Beta stages. Be sure to save often, just in case. This is the main reason I consider this game, "unstable".

Credits

Original Story and Character Art by me, Kassidie Butler (Viridea) 2015

Music by Audionautix.com and AngelHeights (on deviantART)

SFX by Freesound.org

Backgrounds from Pixabay.org

Backgrounds edited with FotoSketcher and Adobe Photoshop CC 2015

Thank you very much, and I hope you enjoy the game!
Last edited by Viridea on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Viridea
Regular
Completed: Viridescent Dragon: Chapter 1, Viridescent Dragon: Chapter 2, Viridescent Dragon: Halloween Special, Viridescent Dragon: Chapter 3

Re: Viridescent Dragon KN

#2 Post by Viridea »

I am considering adding voice acting to the visual novel. I can't pay anyone but does anyone think that would be a good idea to add any voice actors or no?

Viridea
Regular

Re: Viridescent Dragon: Chapter 1 [Kinetic][Fantasy][Adventu

#3 Post by Viridea »

The soundtrack for Viridescent Dragon: Chapter 1 is now available on the Gamejolt page!

Viridea
Regular

#4 Post by Viridea »

Viridescent Dragon: Chapter 1 now has over 60 downloads!

Viridea
Regular

#5 Post by Viridea »

78 downloads now! :D
Check out my Viridescent Dragon visual novels! Viridescen Dragon: Chapter 1 and Viridescent Dragon: Chapter 2!
deviantART page: Viridea

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#6 Post by KittyKatStar »

This game looks awesome, and I love dragons. >o<

Windows only, aw - I'll play after I get my laptop back. =)

Viridea
Regular

#7 Post by Viridea »

KittyKatStar wrote:This game looks awesome, and I love dragons. >o<

Windows only, aw - I'll play after I get my laptop back. =)
Sweet, thanks a bunch! :D Since I only made this game on Novelty, I don't know how to convert the file to a mobile format... Maybe I should try using different software or something next time? (I really do wish to make a mobile VN or something, ha ha.)
Check out my Viridescent Dragon visual novels! Viridescen Dragon: Chapter 1 and Viridescent Dragon: Chapter 2!

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#8 Post by KittyKatStar »

Ah, it was super cute! I really liked the antics and interactions between Seleste and Charlotte. I also liked how there were so many poses - especially for Seleste, so it made her little "amazing, fabulous" etc joke really fun to watch.

The chapter was short, but I could see hints of more plot - particularly with Dawn. I'm really interested in her backstory and hope more is shown in the next chapter.

Congrats on releasing the first chapter, and good luck continuing the KN. I look forward to the chapter 2. ^^v

Viridea
Regular

#9 Post by Viridea »

Wow, almost 100 downloads! :D (87) Just 13 more to go!

Viridea
Regular

#10 Post by Viridea »

KittyKatStar wrote:Ah, it was super cute! I really liked the antics and interactions between Seleste and Charlotte. I also liked how there were so many poses - especially for Seleste, so it made her little "amazing, fabulous" etc joke really fun to watch.

The chapter was short, but I could see hints of more plot - particularly with Dawn. I'm really interested in her backstory and hope more is shown in the next chapter.

Congrats on releasing the first chapter, and good luck continuing the KN. I look forward to the chapter 2. ^^v
I apologize for the super late response but I really appreciate it. :D Since I'm on my Winter Break now, I had plenty of time to officially begin the 2nd Chapter of Viridescent Dragon. Thanks again!

Viridea
Regular

#11 Post by Viridea »

If I can get 100 downloads in total, I'll release Viridescent Dragon: Chapter 1! Only 10 more downloads! Thanks!

Viridea
Regular

#12 Post by Viridea »

6 more downloads! *w* If I can get 100 I'll release Chapter 2~!

Viridea
Regular

#13 Post by Viridea »

Come on guys! Just 5 more downloads! *w*

Viridea
Regular

#14 Post by Viridea »

Holy crap, 3 more downloads, guys! :D

Viridea
Regular

#15 Post by Viridea »

Hey guys! I should have mentioned it earlier, but as of yesterday, Viridescent Dragon: Chapter 1 has finally reached 100 downloads! Thanks to everyone who helped! :D Chapter 2 will be released by the end of the week! Which means, it could even be sooner... ;)