Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#4921 Post by Rinima »

I jut failed an assignment :(
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#4922 Post by try10 »

Found out that long ago my father had a certain disease...that has probably returned and can cause death in certain cases.
Me and my brother could have the same thing in the future...
Like I didn't have enough on my plate right now.

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#4923 Post by Caveat Lector »

Rinima wrote:I jut failed an assignment :(
Aww, that sucks. *hugs*
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Squid
Regular

#4924 Post by Squid »

meh.

Everyone I'm trying to get a hold of seems to be ignoring me.
The people who keep talking to me are the people I'm trying to let go of.

Just don't understand people anymore.
Maybe I never did.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#4925 Post by Ran08 »

Laptop screen cracked.

We had an exam today, so we got dismissed early from school. I decided to go straight home because I'm attending an overnight event this weekend. (You, know, gotta organize some stuff to bring). So... here's how it happened. I get home, I see dad, and he's not in a good mood. We get into a (really minor) argument, and I put my bag down on the dining table because it's getting a little bit heavy on my shoulder. (My laptop is almost 2 kgs!) I probably didn't put it down properly (was not paying attention at all, since I was having a kinda heated conversation with my dad) because 5 minutes later, my bag tips over. I run to catch it, but it falls to the floor. I pick my bag up and place it back on the table. 10 minutes later, dad and I have solved our issue. I go to my room, take out my laptop, and... bam! I see the spidery cracks spanning almost the whole screen.
cracked screen.JPG
I know it's all my fault, but that still didn't stop me from crying my eyes out. Thank goodness only the touchscreen was broken (I think) and not the LCD. I can still use it as it has no distortion whatsoever. Still... it sucks that I can no longer bring it to school (because the screen just looks so, so fragile now and I wouldn't dare risk damaging it again) Also, I talked to my mom about it, and they may or may not buy me another one. We're not a rich family at all, and this is already supposed to be my laptop for my whole 4 years in college (I'm in my 2nd year now). I feel terribly guilty for not taking better care of something so precious. </3

I guess it's true, only when we lose-- or in this case, almost lose-- something do we realize how much it really means to us. </3

Okay, hahaha, I just had to get that off my chest. =) Sorry for all the drama.

Charlie599
Regular
Projects: (letters of) Devotion; Afterland

#4926 Post by Charlie599 »

Laptop screen cracked.
I've had that happen to me so I feel your pain. I'm so, so sorry.

Well. Four days ago I face-planted into a door handle. (I'm not short, it was just an artistically high door handle.) It resulted in me having to go to the dentist. On the plus side, the pain medication makes me mellow. On the down side, my eyes are super light-sensitive, which is making work/play rather frustrating as both involve a computer. I'm worried about exams (who isn't?) because studying is difficult when you're high distracted but most of all I'm worried that I won't finish my vn script in time (my priorities are so skewed).

Also. Is it just me or have there been quite a few spam-bot-ppl on here recently? /sigh/

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#4927 Post by Ran08 »

@Charlie599: I know it's unrealistic, but I do hope nobody else has to share in our pain. 😩

And... haha, I couldn't help but laugh at your first sentence. 😆 Face-planting into a door handle. Oh my goodness. I was wondering how the heck that happened. Hahaha. I hope you'll be fine real soon.

Awwww. You can do it! I've experienced that before too, and I know it's really hard, but... just go for it! And even if you do miss your deadline, you can always continue it afterwards, right? 😁 Better late than never!

AND YES. SO MANY. And the posts are all in Korean too; the different script makes me dizzy when I browse the New Posts section.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#4928 Post by try10 »

I'm just sick and tired hearing stupid things from stupid people. Even if I give them true facts, they keep insisting that they are right. If anyone sane heard the stupid remarks they make, it would be so funny to see...

Kate
Regular
Projects: Blackout
Organization: Moonlight Otome

#4929 Post by Kate »

GOOD GOD do you see all of those spam posts today? Can't even find other active topics! I can't wait til one of the mods logs in and cleans it up (so sorry that they have to deal with that mess).....
Current Project:
Blackout [VN][Romance][GxB][Mystery][Suspense] http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118
"It is the duty of authors to make the fantastic seem ordinary and the ordinary seem fantastic." - K. Auer

Squid
Regular

#4930 Post by Squid »

lucky for me, I mostly just sit back and see who else is depressed.

No spam here

LavenderLotte
Projects: Mojo Pin
Organization: Flȇrdelē Leider

#4931 Post by LavenderLotte »

It kind of sucks that I have too do a dispora from my country (The U.S.A) because of all the constant bullshit that's going on here. The people are outrageously callous and ignorant. Any moment I could get shot in the street because I'm a a different skin color (like wtf). People are being spied on and making agreements internationally that have no basis in the realm of human rights, all in the name of greed and power. I'm not here to deal with people nonsense. I don't want to. I'm just here to be a stateless nomad with a few stories to tell or as Bob Dylan puts it, "a song and dance man".

Shit, the golden rule ain't that hard to follow lmao

Cirrocumulus-Cloud
Regular
Projects: Tag Dogs
Tumblr: cirrocumulus-cloud

#4932 Post by Cirrocumulus-Cloud »

The dog who was with me since I was four years old had to be put down yesterday, after almost 15 years of growing up with her.
It feels like my childhood (or what remained of it) has officially ended and I feel terrible.
I really, really miss the old lady. She was such a wonderful dog.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#4933 Post by curry nochi rice »

Ran08 wrote:Laptop screen cracked.
Tech support here. You can buy a replacement screen and have it installed. But you mentioned it's a touchscreen so it might be a bit tricky to do that unless you want to sacrifice touch capability.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

Eiliya
Regular

#4934 Post by Eiliya »

This might be minor compared to what some of you guys have gone through, but I just did a test of the combat simulator for the game I'm working on. The code to determine if an attack hits or not is really simple, pitting hitrate+random vs. defense. According to my code, the rate of success should be just over 50% (4+rng(1,20) vs. 12) so why is it that actual testing shows the success rate to be less than 10%.

Have I misunderstood how the random number generators here in RenPy work, or do I just have really, really bad luck? I'm beginning to think it might be the latter -.-;

Also, rain period seems to have begun over here, so from now on the trains to the university will be crowded beyond belief again.

E-l337
Regular

#4935 Post by E-l337 »

Dear on-call technician:

Perhaps if you had followed the DOCUMENTATION FOR MAINTENANCE which stipulates you are SUPPOSED TO CONTACT ME TO INFORM ME TO IGNORE CERTAIN ALARMS THAT WILL BE GOING OFF I wouldn't have needed to "make all of those alerts" for you. By which I mean to say, I only ever made two of these tickets, but you seemed really mad at me anyways because you didn't do YOUR job.

But hey I guess that's none of my business, I'm just the guy whose job it is to tell you when you're supposed to do your job...