Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#4936 Post by Morhighan »

So it looks like I'm going to need another surgery. We were hoping it'd take longer than this, since it's only been a year and a couple of months instead of the usual two year deal. The surgery will make me feel great, so other than the normal pre-surgery apprehension, I'm actually kind of excited to feel healthy again.

In the meantime, I've been sleeping 12-20 hours a day and haven't been able to accomplish anything.
Thus, I've decided that once I'm done with my final two commissions, I'm going to just...retire from commissions and assisting with visual novels for some time. I'll still work on AIdol, since I really want to see it through to the end and I love it so much. It's probably just going to take a while.

Additionally, I was denied for disability. I'm "not disabled" enough apparently. Going to appeal that sucker this week. I hope I get it.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT:
I have this stuck in my head with all that talk of surgery:

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#4937 Post by noeinan »

I hope your surgery goes well! Sorry that you got denied for disability, though, that sucks. :( I just applied last month, and will probably end up needing to appeal as well, since my syndrome isn't very well recognized. I hope that you get approved this time around!

I don't know if you use Facebook at all, but there are a lot of disability related groups on there. I post all the time to get advice, find local respectful local doctors, and ask questions about the disability process. If you are interested, pm me and I can send you some links! :)

Also, I love that song so much, it is super catchy. Prolly going to listen to it on repeat for the rest of today. XD

ZennyZenZen
Regular
Projects: Perfection Project
Deviantart: omgimawriter
Github: ZenNaari

#4938 Post by ZennyZenZen »

I started living alone for a few weeks now and I love it. My biggest concern right now is that i'm not in school. Everyone on my facebook are posting graduation pictures and memes about the troubles of writing a thesis while i'm just sitting at home doing nothing, making the most of my time alone at home.

I could be depressed, but I'm not. I feel a little guilty for not being in school right now. But at least I don't feel like a useless human being anymore.

My only wish is that I could be intoxicated more often than I am, maybe land some freelance work.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#4939 Post by TsukiShima »

Okay I haven't been here long, and I know my problem right now is more of a childish teenage problem but it is still a problem for me. ;; And I really really need to let this out.

I have been having fun participating activities in real life, yes. I am slowly becoming an adult. However, one of the things I am facing is the problems you see in the typical anime or games; love.

I'm in love with someone who is not sure of loving me, and I am loved by someone I don't think I can return their feelings to, because I myself is in a dilemma. I know that I love one person and that person only. But who knows if in the future I will be rejected? It's 50 / 50, and I am afraid if I am spending my time with the wrong person after so many years.

Then suddenly this second person came along, and perhaps it's my fault?? I don't know. But I was sure that I already stated to them that I have someone else I'm in love with, and even after that they confessed to me. I already rejected them, but I realized that after months of spending time with each other I miss this second person. We tried to be friends, all three of us, but sometimes she admitted it does hurt. And I am very, very guilty of that.

Right now I'm trying to stay true to my heart and continue to prove to the first person that I love them and hoping they'll accept me one day. Siiighhhh.

AND I'M SO SORRY FOR BEING A LURKER HERE.
My life have been so good and I want to spend my time there, but I promised myself that I would make something for this community this year, and I will achieve it! :D

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#4940 Post by Rinima »

Saying "it will be missed" when a old piece of weaponry is dismantled and it's the last one is stupid, and if you say "It's a part of history, that's why it'll be missed", yea, public hangings are also part of history, and served the same purpose (to kill people), yet people don't miss them. (this is in reference to the last Vulcan bomber plane).

(my aunt is stupid)
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

ZennyZenZen
Regular
Projects: Perfection Project
Deviantart: omgimawriter
Github: ZenNaari

#4941 Post by ZennyZenZen »

Rinima wrote:Saying "it will be missed" when a old piece of weaponry is dismantled and it's the last one is stupid, and if you say "It's a part of history, that's why it'll be missed", yea, public hangings are also part of history, and served the same purpose (to kill people), yet people don't miss them. (this is in reference to the last Vulcan bomber plane).

(my aunt is stupid)
Saw you post this on fb. XP

I've been trying to keep an open mind and try to understand where idiots are coming from. And it just so happens that weapons and artilleries are one of the things that some people think are very precious to them. They believe with all their hearts, either indoctrinated or innate, that these things protected them from this threat and that threat.

Hell I can say 'it will be missed' for something like a good anime series that is announced it will never have a new season or something. I'm sure there are many people that will think that's a stupid thing to say 'it will be missed' over.

It's one thing to point out people's display for affection for certain objects, and it's another to try to be against that object and what it signifies.

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#4942 Post by Caveat Lector »

If anyone from these forums is in Paris, please, stay safe.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#4943 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Caveat Lector wrote:If anyone from these forums is in Paris, please, stay safe.
Amen. That goes for anybody else affected by things going on around the world today (November 13th).

Also, I am back, and I promise I wasn't transported to Earth-Two! I stepped away from the forum for a bit because I needed to take care of a few things, but I think I'll be visiting more frequently now. :)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#4944 Post by Didules »

I normally live in Paris but can't be there right now, I'm stuck in the suburbs. I feel useless and some of my friends still don't reply my text message. Anger sadness and uncertainty. This is a mess. Sorry if this doesn't make sense...

Kate
Regular
Projects: Blackout
Organization: Moonlight Otome

#4945 Post by Kate »

I wrecked my car this week only 3 blocks from my house ;( I'm ok, but the car is totaled.

I feel horrible because it was scary and I keep seeing the crash in my head. And smelling that horrible radiator smoke. Airbags hurt.

Anyway, my car was the newest at 16years and less than 85k miles on it (gift from grandparents when they upgraded- the only free car I'll ever get. Gone.) I'm depressed and a little scared to drive again.
Current Project:
Blackout [VN][Romance][GxB][Mystery][Suspense] http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118
"It is the duty of authors to make the fantastic seem ordinary and the ordinary seem fantastic." - K. Auer

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#4946 Post by infel »

Kate wrote:I wrecked my car this week only 3 blocks from my house ;( I'm ok, but the car is totaled.

I feel horrible because it was scary and I keep seeing the crash in my head. And smelling that horrible radiator smoke. Airbags hurt.

Anyway, my car was the newest at 16years and less than 85k miles on it (gift from grandparents when they upgraded- the only free car I'll ever get. Gone.) I'm depressed and a little scared to drive again.

I'm really sorry this happened to you =(. Car accidents are never fun and can really scare the person(s) involved. However it's really good you are okay which is the most important thing.

As someone who was in a car accident a while back I know how you feel. My sister had to drive me to school because I was too scared to. It'll take time for you to get better and for this fear to go away, but it will I promise. Just take one day at a time and don't stress yourself out too much.

I also suggest talking to someone if it's really bad. It could help you get over your fear or at least settled your thoughts. Even if you don't, it's just good that you're okay.
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#4947 Post by MaiMai »

I am a useless lump of nerves.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#4948 Post by TsukiShima »

My friend gave me this a few days ago, and it made me laugh. So I hope it will for you guys too! :D

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#4949 Post by fleet »

Argh! I got another one of 'those' telephone calls today. The caller identifies himself as a representative of "Windows Technical Support" and that he is calling about my computer. Instead of just hanging up I said I don't own a computer.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Lilipolly
Tumblr: chiplette
Deviantart: chiplette

#4950 Post by Lilipolly »

I feel bad about myself whenever I have migraines. I know it's not really my fault and that I couldn't do much about it even if I take beta blockers/pain killers...but I just feel so miserable when I'm useless.