PayBack [Wasteland/Survival]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sidji972
Regular

PayBack [Wasteland/Survival]

#1 Post by Sidji972 »

Hello everyone,

I have worked on a framework for my personal use today and make a game with it. I will probably continue to update this one because i need a better framework for my incoming visual novel.

There is no story, its a land ravaged by wars and zombies are appeared from nowhere. You have to kill a maximum of them !
You have now 2 modes : Story (VN/Minigame phase and Survival/High Score), so you are free to play like you want ! :)

Story :

Incoming.

Features :
- Survival mode with high score points
- Story mode based in America 1950's
- Random events : See commands)
- 2 Ennemies with basic animations ( really basic :roll: for the moment )
- Epic sounds
- Survival mode partially voiced

Commands :
- Left click to shoot
- Blue zombies make you lost 5 points
- Black zombies make you win 1 points
- If the music change so you have activated the event, you win more points

As a simple game, i will try to make it as fun as possible, with a lot of nice sounds/musics! :D

Incoming Updates :
- add new ennemies who affect the score, give some life
- increase difficulty with a sniper vision
- add the reload function
- fix the runtime and add condition
- that's all for the moment. :arrow:
Attachments
pb.jpg
Last edited by Sidji972 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:11 am, edited 6 times in total.

Teasisters
Regular

Re: [Shooter/Minigame]PayBack["Demo"]

#2 Post by Teasisters »

I never liked shooting games, but this totally got me!

Seriously though, you need to publish the whole thing.

Really bad at typing/talking

Sidji972
Regular

#3 Post by Sidji972 »

Teasisters wrote:I never liked shooting games, but this totally got me!

Thanks you to have tested it ! :)

I don't plan to make this one a VN but there will be events where heroes will appaered and a "Round system". Some friends asked me to add also a prologue with a short tutorial, i will probably work on it too.
Teasisters wrote: Really bad at typing/talking
Well i know that, that the principal reason why i keep this game as simple as possible and don't update my VN'n topic incoming game anymore : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=30044 :lol:

However have you some suggestions to improve the quality of my writing ? :D

Teasisters
Regular

#4 Post by Teasisters »

Sidji972 wrote:
Teasisters wrote:I never liked shooting games, but this totally got me!

Thanks you to have tested it ! :)

I don't plan to make this one a VN but there will be events where heroes will appaered and a "Round system". Some friends asked me to add also a prologue with a short tutorial, i will probably work on it too.
Teasisters wrote: Really bad at typing/talking
Well i know that, that the principal reason why i keep this game as simple as possible and don't update my VN'n topic incoming game anymore : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=30044 :lol:

However have you some suggestions to improve the quality of my writing ? :D
Wooooah, the art for your VN though. ITS AWESOME! I can't even draw human beings (out of chibis) I've read some of your comments at Deleez Restaurant, and most people said that your translation for English isn't purfect (or perfect) but I can still understand (because I'm not from the west) BUT STILL I INSIST THAT YOUR ART IS PURFECT (or perfect) Maybe if you have native english speaker friend (that sounds so stupid omg) you should ask help from him/her.

Sidji972
Regular

Re: [Shooter/Survival] PayBack [Beta 0.1 OUT]

#5 Post by Sidji972 »

Deleez is the reason why i have started this new frameworkproject, i take my time to make it really good, btw i will pass the message at my artist, thanks ( she's the best ! ) :D because my own art looks like South Park :lol:

By the way i have decided to give a new direction to this game, including a story mode with 3 chapters and a really short story ( we talk about 10 ~min of reading for the whole thing, the game in mainly focused on my framework).

About the incoming beta 0.2, i' currently fixing :
- Runtime
- High Score system
- Event fixed
- Add new event with an amazing collection of music :P
- Mini Game fully voiced
- The GUI

Here a small screenshot about the new GUI :

That's all for the moment :)

Teasisters
Regular

#6 Post by Teasisters »

Sidji972 wrote:Deleez is the reason why i have started this new frameworkproject, i take my time to make it really good, btw i will pass the message at my artist, thanks ( she's the best ! ) :D because my own art looks like South Park :lol:

By the way i have decided to give a new direction to this game, including a story mode with 3 chapters and a really short story ( we talk about 10 ~min of reading for the whole thing, the game in mainly focused on my framework).

About the incoming beta 0.2, i' currently fixing :
- Runtime
- High Score system
- Event fixed
- Add new event with an amazing collection of music :P
- Mini Game fully voiced
- The GUI

Here a small screenshot about the new GUI :

That's all for the moment :)
I know this is not my place to say, but perhaps you want to make the GUI start menu a little bit more 'survivish style' also because the main point of this game is killing the zombies, right? Perhaps you can change the color to something a little darker?

Your current GUI picture is a little bit of vantage style (or a 90s style) which I think wouldn't fit in with your game. However, this is just a suggestion lol.

Sidji972
Regular

#7 Post by Sidji972 »

Teasisters wrote:
I know this is not my place to say, but perhaps you want to make the GUI start menu a little bit more 'survivish style' also because the main point of this game is killing the zombies, right? Perhaps you can change the color to something a little darker?

Your current GUI picture is a little bit of vantage style (or a 90s style) which I think wouldn't fit in with your game. However, this is just a suggestion lol.
I was thinking about making an undead GUI but i think that is too much "Déjà vu"...

And finally with the small story that i plan to add the environment should be smooth even if its a zombie shooting game.
About the ambiance and the small plot, let's imagine New York in 1950-60's, Broadways, the American dream...

..and a gigantic explosion who destroy New York and the whole world. You were in the US army when that's happenned. You were the only survivor ( not really but others died ) with a civil. The first chapter starts 2 weeks ago with a group of survivors...

That's finally hard to describe but when i test the current beta that seems fun ( specially with the voiced part ) :lol: , hope that you will give me feedback when i release the beta 0.2 :) :roll:

Teasisters
Regular

#8 Post by Teasisters »

Sidji972 wrote:
Teasisters wrote:

I was thinking about making an undead GUI but i think that is too much "Déjà vu"...

And finally with the small story that i plan to add the environment should be smooth even if its a zombie shooting game.
About the ambiance and the small plot, let's imagine New York in 1950-60's, Broadways, the American dream...

..and a gigantic explosion who destroy New York and the whole world. You were in the US army when that's happenned. You were the only survivor ( not really but others died ) with a civil. The first chapter starts 2 weeks ago with a group of survivors...

That's finally hard to describe but when i test the current beta that seems fun ( specially with the voiced part ) :lol: , hope that you will give me feedback when i release the beta 0.2 :) :roll:
I really like how smooth the main menu GUI looks, and it doesn't totally remind you of a zombie game, but more of "ghostly" type. But at the same time it also reminds you of a zombie game. But its totally your choice to choose which one you would like to use for your main menu.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Re: PayBack [Shooter/Survival] [Beta 0.1 OUT]

#9 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Looking good!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Sidji972
Regular

#10 Post by Sidji972 »

Teasisters wrote: I really like how smooth the main menu GUI looks, and it doesn't totally remind you of a zombie game, but more of "ghostly" type. But at the same time it also reminds you of a zombie game. But its totally your choice to choose which one you would like to use for your main menu.
I will think about it ! I'm gonna try the 1950's GUI type before and see if you guys think that it fits with the game. :) I'm gonna launch the beta version 1.5 tomorrow 8)
Hazel-Bun wrote: Looking good!
Thanks you :) Hope that the new direction will be good :lol:

Sidji972
Regular

#11 Post by Sidji972 »

Hello veryone,

Huge update for this beta 0.15, with some new features :
- Story mode (prologue done)
- Survival mode (Some voices/events added). Both events multiply your score but are random.
- New musics
- Apparition of characters (who talked about guests)
- A new GUI ( not completed )

Well i think that i told the most important, i take all advices about the story writing :)

To download its here !

:arrow:

Teasisters
Regular

#12 Post by Teasisters »

Sidji972 wrote:Hello veryone,

Huge update for this beta 0.15, with some new features :
- Story mode (prologue done)
- Survival mode (Some voices/events added). Both events multiply your score but are random.
- New musics
- Apparition of characters (who talked about guests)
- A new GUI ( not completed )

Well i think that i told the most important, i take all advices about the story writing :)

To download its here !

:arrow:
YAY! Its finally here! The link doesn't work?

Sidji972
Regular

Re: PayBack [Shooter/Survival] [Beta 0.15 OUT]

#13 Post by Sidji972 »

Oh sorry le link was in private mode :lol: That should work now.

Teasisters
Regular

#14 Post by Teasisters »

Yay :D Downloading it right now.

Sidji972
Regular

#15 Post by Sidji972 »

Ah thanks! :) what do you think of this kind of events ? I have just checking the storyline and found a lot of english syntax errors so i'm gonna make a quick fix for that :o