Amplitude (AVAILABLE ON STEAM)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Alia
Regular

Re: Amplitude (Sci-Fi,stat raising, GXB, BXG,DEMO AVAILABLE)

#166 Post by Alia »

Looks exciting!
Xerofit51 wrote:Here's a link to our indiegogo page Draft if any of you want a sneak peek what it might be like. http://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/98106085

Any input/advice is appreciated
Since you asked for input...

Looks great overall, but I'd suggest altering the trailer. Background Jon, Katy, and Souls look squashed, which distracts from how good they look otherwise.
I think you could even leave the trailer out, if you wanted. A good still picture (like the awesome Jon/Sonya/Katy poster you've got under "Story") beats out an okay trailer every time as far as making me want to play or fund something. (But then, I mute voice-acting on VN's, so maybe my preferences aren't typical? :D )

Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

#167 Post by Xerofit51 »

Erikka wrote:Downloading the demo! So excited!!!
p.s. what will be the price for the game?
The price currently is 8$ at the lowest, I made that price from the answers on my survey but not inserting outliers (ones who are very generous and willing to pay outside my pricing field). If I insert them to my calculation, it would be 11$ but since that is outside my pricing field, it still a max of 10$ .

So yeah somewhere in the 5-10$ range.

Xerofit51
Veteran

#168 Post by Xerofit51 »

Story up to ball Grace scene ( 25% mark)
Character design done n in the works of spriting
-Memoir (male)
-Chance (male)
-Theo (male)

Added Simon n Ari's VA (HeroicRoxas)

Xerofit51
Veteran

#169 Post by Xerofit51 »

WIP for something...also yeah for Simon's dead pan face
Attachments
wip.jpg

Erikka
Regular

#170 Post by Erikka »

The demo was good! I think the story is really intriguing... I loved the designs of both Eve(female sole) and Katy, and I can't wait to play full version of your new game!
But I must confess that in my opinion there's something wrong with your backgrounds. I think the characters in the picture blend with the backgrounds(the girl who's dancing break dance is the best example)... and sometimes the style of backgrounds just doesn't match with the characters.
sorry for my poor English...

Xerofit51
Veteran

#171 Post by Xerofit51 »

Erikka wrote:The demo was good! I think the story is really intriguing... I loved the designs of both Eve(female sole) and Katy, and I can't wait to play full version of your new game!
But I must confess that in my opinion there's something wrong with your backgrounds. I think the characters in the picture blend with the backgrounds(the girl who's dancing break dance is the best example)... and sometimes the style of backgrounds just doesn't match with the characters.
sorry for my poor English...
Great! Thx 4 playing the Amplitude demo
Do you mean in my CGs? Hmm sometimes I use uncle mugen backgrounds in CGs because they fit better that way than me drawing by hand like the one for simon n the two girls with fabulous make up.
If you mean elsewhere well....isn't that normal in a VN?At least I think so, because I played P3P I am used to seeing 3D backgrounds with 2D sprites.

By the way...how often would u guys want a progress report from us?

Erikka
Regular

#172 Post by Erikka »

I think you didn't understand what I meant due to my poor English skills))
I wasn't speaking about 3D/2D... I meant that there's something wrong with the use of contrast. Both colors of the backgrounds and sprites are pretty bright and as a result the objects(characters) are not very distinguishable from the background(like the CG of the girl who was dancing break dance)... I think you must make some backgrounds less vivid.

Xerofit51
Veteran

#173 Post by Xerofit51 »

Erikka wrote:I think you didn't understand what I meant due to my poor English skills))
I wasn't speaking about 3D/2D... I meant that there's something wrong with the use of contrast. Both colors of the backgrounds and sprites are pretty bright and as a result the objects(characters) are not very distinguishable from the background(like the CG of the girl who was dancing break dance)... I think you must make some backgrounds less vivid.
Ah I see, well my english isn't the best either so I guess we're both at fault. It is true, I made the break dance one too vivid. Will try to fix that later :) Thx 4 the input!

Xerofit51
Veteran

#174 Post by Xerofit51 »

Someone posted this on my survey
I would make my indigogo donation $* if you're able to commit to making more than three endings.

I would reply to him/her directly but since he/she didn't write an email address, I can't so...if you're reading this.
Sorry but I am a bit confused with what you mean by more endings.
My game would have three main story endings but the lovers will have also each 2 character endings. So if you have a bad main story ending, you'd still have your lover ending which can be bad/good depending on your relationship with him (the main story ending also effect the outcome of course, but yeah).

Does that suffice or are you hoping for more than 3 main story endings?

*censored how many dollars, just because I think it's rude to show money related stuff. It's a very nice amount though

Xerofit51
Veteran

#175 Post by Xerofit51 »

I took a look at the indiegogo page and it looks good but you might want to consider closed alpha/beta access for backers of certain tiers perhaps $20 and up? I find that it helps as an incentive to back a project. Just something for your consideration since I would love for your project to get funded :)

Also why indiegogo instead of kickstarter? Kickstarter is a lot more popular I think xD
That's a good idea on the closed beta testing thx!

Also why indiegogo? Because Kickstarter doesn't support indonesian credit cards to start a campaign and thus it made us hard to find someone willing to let us borrow their credit card. There were few candidates, but none of them turned out available so...yeah. It's true that Kickstarter is a lot more popular, but they're both basically the same, they accept both Paypal and Credit cards, and Indiegogo accept Indonesian credit cards so yaaaaayyy!!

Xerofit51
Veteran

#176 Post by Xerofit51 »

Gonna have exams next week so we apologize for lack of updates :( . Hopefully we get our credit card tomorrow though and we can launch our campaign as soon as possible!

Thanks~
Attachments
sample.jpg

Xerofit51
Veteran

#177 Post by Xerofit51 »

Doodle, for an antagonist (or is she??)
Attachments
1.jpg

Sayashiro
Regular
Projects: Freak-Quency, Cafe Memoria, Amplitude, Spring Breeze, Escape from Puzzlegate, Project Aivisu, All the Pretty Flowers

#178 Post by Sayashiro »

It is all looking fantastic, Xero! But you already know my thoughts on this. ;) I really liked the intrigue with all these masked individuals. I can't wait to see more character sprites and CGs from you and the rest of the team.
/ Sayaka Mashiro / Voice-Over Artist / Casting Director /
l Website l http://sayashiro.wix.com/sayakamashiro l

Dirtyah

#179 Post by Dirtyah »

I got this error in the demo : o
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/messages.rpy", line 206, in <module>
NameError: name 'contact' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/ast.py", line 756, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/python.py", line 1382, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/ui.py", line 264, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/display/core.py", line 2065, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, **kwargs)
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/display/core.py", line 2309, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/display/core.py", line 306, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback)
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/display/core.py", line 306, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback)
d.visit_all(callback)
d.visit_all(callback)
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/display/core.py", line 308, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/display/core.py", line 2309, in <lambda>
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/display/screen.py", line 181, in per_interact
self.update()
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/display/screen.py", line 288, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/screenlang.py", line 1239, in __call__
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, locals=scope)
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/python.py", line 1382, in py_exec_bytecode

Darwin-14.3.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 6.17.7.521
Amplitude1.0-Demo 0.0

Xerofit51
Veteran

#180 Post by Xerofit51 »

Dirtyah wrote:I got this error in the demo : o
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/ast.py", line 756, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/ui.py", line 264, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/display/core.py", line 2065, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, **kwargs)
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/display/core.py", line 2309, in interact_core
d.visit_all(callback)
d.visit_all(callback)
d.visit_all(callback)
d.visit_all(callback)
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/display/core.py", line 308, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/display/core.py", line 2309, in <lambda>
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/display/screen.py", line 181, in per_interact
self.update()
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/display/screen.py", line 288, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "/Users/Anne/Downloads/Amplitude1.00-Demo-all/renpy/screenlang.py", line 1239, in __call__
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, locals=scope)

Darwin-14.3.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 6.17.7.521
Amplitude1.0-Demo 0.0
Sorry,
That is a bug due to right clicking while making a draft message or replying a message. Fixed that though.
I disabled right clicking during messages.