Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy] Beta update 4/27, ch 4 coming soon!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

Re: Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy]

#76 Post by minyan »

Updates!

I want the new scenes to be a surprise, but I want to show you guys the progress on the art! Here's a little glimpse of what I've been working on.
teasers.png
liliefull2.png
arenaoutsideday.png
aldrichfull2.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-10 at 8.55.03 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-10 at 9.05.53 AM.png
Yes, I redid Aldrich and lilie's sprites! And added side images (gasp, they're animated :O)! And backgrounds, backgrounds galore! I decided to just go forward with a more cartoony way of doing the bg's since it fits the overall style of the VN anyway! They're still not super detailed, but I'm proud. I think they look better than the old ones!

\(^0^)/ fun fun. It's all coming together! Still a long way to go but it's coming! I'll be revealing more about Lilie and Aldrich's past as well. Because it's only the first chapter I had reservations about revealing everything, but there are plenty of other characters with secrets that will be focused on more in the other chapters, and I want this to feel as 'complete' of a VN as possible even though it's only part of one!

I hope you guys are excited!
Attachments
circustentwip.png
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild

#77 Post by minyan »

i've been playing a lot of otome games and VN's lately (thank you, Japan) and its gotten me even more pumped for this! at this point the thing taking the longest is the CG's, so sorry about that. Still aiming for a new years release date. I really want to finish this chapter so I can work on other projects xD I love this, but it's going to be a long endeavor and I need a break! I won't let myself though until I get through it all.

If you have any suggestions/questions about future updates please let me know!
ImageImage

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#78 Post by Harliqueen »

Oh my word! The update looks incredible- totally missed it because I was on vacation (that background is awesome, I don't know why you were worried! :D )

Take your time on it, I think it's good to break and work on other projects to keep your motivation going. When this comes out, it's going to be amazing. I'm seriously excited for it, I absolutely loved the demo :)
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#79 Post by minyan »

Harliqueen wrote:Oh my word! The update looks incredible- totally missed it because I was on vacation (that background is awesome, I don't know why you were worried! :D )

Take your time on it, I think it's good to break and work on other projects to keep your motivation going. When this comes out, it's going to be amazing. I'm seriously excited for it, I absolutely loved the demo :)

Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy it :D
And yes I agree! Motivation is a fickle thing -3-
I'm looking forward to courting the seasons toooooo
ImageImage

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#80 Post by sakurakimuchi »

Hey! I haven't played the demo yet, but I just wanted to say that I absolutely loved the whole plot of the game, all the features that you want to include and also the art, you are an incredible artist, really, and I liked the whole circus theme. <3

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#81 Post by minyan »

sakurakimuchi wrote:Hey! I haven't played the demo yet, but I just wanted to say that I absolutely loved the whole plot of the game, all the features that you want to include and also the art, you are an incredible artist, really, and I liked the whole circus theme. <3
Thanks so much! That really makes me happy to hear that. TTuTT I hope you enjoy it. ^^

I probably won't be posting much in november with NaNoWriMo, but here's Natalia's new sprite, and a WIP of another CG! Been a little slow with the art for this, but I /think/ all the scenes are just about done.
natbust.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-26 at 10.06.56 AM.png
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#82 Post by minyan »

Taking a break from this for NaNoWriMo! If you're doing it too shoot me a message! :D
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#83 Post by minyan »

November was such a busy month! I was sick for two weeks until the doctors finally figured out it was pneumonia, and then I had to be in the hospital for a week -_- that sucked and put me in a shitty mood, but I'm finally getting myself back together. New Siegfried bust!
siegfriedbust.png
ImageImage

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#84 Post by sakurakimuchi »

Hey! I hope you're feeling well now, but get better soon, sucks to be sick, right? Stay okay~

Also, I really liked the demo, now I'm even more excited for the full game.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: TEASER AVAILABLE! Arena Circus [GxB][BxB][GxG][Fantasy]

#85 Post by minyan »

sakurakimuchi wrote:Hey! I hope you're feeling well now, but get better soon, sucks to be sick, right? Stay okay~

Also, I really liked the demo, now I'm even more excited for the full game.
I'm so glad you liked it! Can't wait to see your thoughts on the rest ^^

Hi guys! So I wanted to release a small teaser so you can get a feel of what the VN is like with the updated graphics. Some of the script has changed, but it's mostly UI and an updated battle system, so if you'd rather wait until the full demo is out feel free!

If you do play, please let me know what you think!

I really gotta start looking for sound effects xD

https://www.mediafire.com/?br6ca9h887f646q
ImageImage

Harmonywish
Regular

#86 Post by Harmonywish »

The concept seems really interesting! :> I'll be looking forward to more updates :3

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#87 Post by minyan »

Been slow with this, sorry about that guys. Haven't given up though! I just have a few more scenes to write to bring it together I think, and then it's just a matter of finding time to get the art done.
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#88 Post by minyan »

Hey guys, currently looking for people to help out with this and future chapters, if you're interested, send a pm! More details here:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 59&t=36811
ImageImage

Belgerum
Regular
Soundcloud: Belgerum
itch: Belgerum

#89 Post by Belgerum »

I played the demo, and it was really cool! I feel as if a few things weren't explained quite well enough for me to understand completely what was going on, but it's intriguing enough as it is!

My one real complaint/suggestion is that there's no real "exit" or "return to main menu" button in the GUI, or at least to my knowledge. That means, since I wanted to play fullscreen, I had to go into settings and change it back to windowed, and close the window by clicking the X on the upper right corner. That's a little tedious, but nothing that ruined the experience.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#90 Post by minyan »

Belgerum wrote:I played the demo, and it was really cool! I feel as if a few things weren't explained quite well enough for me to understand completely what was going on, but it's intriguing enough as it is!

My one real complaint/suggestion is that there's no real "exit" or "return to main menu" button in the GUI, or at least to my knowledge. That means, since I wanted to play fullscreen, I had to go into settings and change it back to windowed, and close the window by clicking the X on the upper right corner. That's a little tedious, but nothing that ruined the experience.
Understood! I'll try and work on making things clearer as I tweak the script. I can definitely add in a button no problem if it'll make the experience smoother. Thanks for the feedback!
ImageImage