Shout For Joy, Share Your Happiness

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Kailoto
Veteran
Completed: No VNs, but a few novels. :D
Projects: Artificial, Seven Deaths (inactive)

Re: Shout For Joy, Share Your Happiness

#631 Post by Kailoto »

College finally started for me today... I did the obligatory self-introduction this morning and made sure to put a piece of toast in my mouth before I left. Good times!
Things I've Written:
Sakura (Novel, Self Published, 80,000+ words)
City and Girl (Novel, First Draft, 70,000+ words)
Loka (Novel, Third Draft, 120,000+ words)

A layabout writer and programmer with lots of problems and even more ideas. Hyped for Persona 5.

quiltedcorgi
Projects: Sheltered
Organization: Dwarf Dog Media

#632 Post by quiltedcorgi »

I finished working (writing/programming/music) on the prologue for my first VN here on Ren'Py! I may go back and slightly tweak things, but I'm very happy. I can't wait until I get actual art on the characters instead of placeholders. :)

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#633 Post by Hazel-Bun »

I'm back into gamedev, happy, and healthy (ish) for once! School is going well and I just got hired for another writing job! Finishing my GUI commissions soon as well.
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#634 Post by curry nochi rice »

Ahh, the northern monsoon is finally here. It's windy and cold. The nights are getting longer and longer. And so is my loneliness. I'm going to fail the amagami challenge again this year.

But hey, this season is my favorite season. Aside from the annoying unexpected carolers, there's a lot of stuff to look forward to: family reunions, homecomings, gifts from abroad, ham, a lot of sweets, overnights. Ah yes. I'm happy for it.

P.S. Also that delicious 13th month pay.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

sendo
Veteran
Completed: To Libertad, Diamond Rose, SC2VN, Sickness VN
Projects: eroges!
itch: sendo

#635 Post by sendo »

After almost 2 weeks, power is finally restored in our house. This long power interruption was caused by a recent typhoon here in the Philippines locally named "Lando". It was the worst typhoon that hit us personally. Not only did it fell our neighborhood's power lines, but it also caused a landslide right beside our house! It didn't take our house (or us!) thankfully. The typhoon caused yet another landslide several meters away from the house, demolishing a new road and taking with it our neighborhood's water pipes and another power line. Miraculously, no one was hurt in all these (in our neighborhood at least).

With no power and the typhoon unrelenting, we had to evacuate to the city. The city was also hit hard mind you, but it fared far better than other places. We moved out to our old apartment. It's a small apartment. I shared a bunkbed with the family. I took my computer with me because it was my only means of working but the apartment didn't have internet. I relied on public computer cafes for my internet needs (I was at first hesitant to open my personal accounts). Not to mention the fact that I had to use flashdrive to transfer files. It's a good thing the cafe used DeepFreeze so I was mostly free from virus threats and any record of my personal accounts were wiped out when I logged out. I had no choice, it's either that or enter a contract with an ISP to hook the apartment with internet (something that would need convincing the landlord and I was hoping the situation was only temporary anyway). Needless to say, it was a struggle. The change in the environment was too drastic. It screwed up whatever paltry schedule I have - I was way behind on some really important stuff.

But we just came back home earlier because power was finally restored. Now I'm finally sitting in my own room, with all my stuff hooked up, with the warm embrace of my bed, and personal internet. I have my own private space once again. Man I was ecstatic when I saw the green check on my Dropbox and my GDrive light up. I can now draw without someone looking over my shoulders. Things are back to normal and I am one happy, happy man!

I still have a lot of work (and catching up) to do, but I'm happy it won't be as hectic as the past week.

p.s.
Here's a couple of pictures of the disaster:
Landslide beside the house; a riprap is underway now
The other landslide that demolished the road, this extends to the base of the mountain.

Yes, we live in the boonies :D That's why it took so long to restore the power - places closer to the city were serviced first.

p.p.s.
I took a picture of the skyline when we came back. It looked and felt far more majestic than this though (I used my phone cam so that's probably why haha)
http://i.imgur.com/O31HLCl.jpg

p.p.p.s.
An unrelated but similarly good news! Legend of Heroes - Trails in the Sky: Second Chapter just came out! I might actually disappear this time lmao
Finished VNs:
Image Image

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#636 Post by PyTom »

I was just invited by NASA - yes, _that_ NASA - to come down to Florida to witness a launch, as part of the NASA Social program. I'll be able to witness the ORB-4 launch, which is an unmanned cargo freighter going to the international space station, and also to hang out with the various scientists and engineers involved.

While I'm there, I'm going to take some photo reference pictures, which I'll post under a creative commons license, for people who want to use them as game backgrounds and photo reference - for everyone who wants their standard japanese high school to include a shot of the RD-180 engines powering the Atlas V*.

Yes, I'm a little excited at the moment. :)

* I have no idea if they'll let us get close enough to get good photos of the engine section. I'll take what I can get. :)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

JumpJump
Veteran
Projects: 9413
Organization: 2wo dollars

#637 Post by JumpJump »

PyTom wrote:I was just invited by NASA - yes, _that_ NASA - to come down to Florida to witness a launch, as part of the NASA Social program. I'll be able to witness the ORB-4 launch, which is an unmanned cargo freighter going to the international space station, and also to hang out with the various scientists and engineers involved.

While I'm there, I'm going to take some photo reference pictures, which I'll post under a creative commons license, for people who want to use them as game backgrounds and photo reference - for everyone who wants their standard japanese high school to include a shot of the RD-180 engines powering the Atlas V*.

Yes, I'm a little excited at the moment. :)

* I have no idea if they'll let us get close enough to get good photos of the engine section. I'll take what I can get. :)

You lucky git! Hope the weather is nice and you enjoy your time there.
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

Old and new, whatever you want. All is here.

YossarianIII
Veteran
Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta
Projects: Solidarity Forever
Organization: KONOL Games

#638 Post by YossarianIII »

PyTom wrote:

Sounds like Christmas is coming early for anyone making a To The Moon fangame. :)

Image Image

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#639 Post by PyTom »

So, I'm down in Florida right now, giving the rocket an unneeded push.
IMG_20151202_173141.jpg
The launch is scheduled for tonight at 5:55 PM EST, weather permitting. It's carrying the uncrewed Cygnus cargo freighter SS Deke Slayton II to the International Space Station. If you want to watch the launch, you can try NASA TV:

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/

There's a good chance that I'll be able to participate in the Press Conference after the launch, if anyone is interested.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#640 Post by Hazel-Bun »

So excited for you Py'Tom! Also, sad/happy to hear what is going on for you Sendo. On a bright note from me, I'm closing the school year off strong, working okay hours, and moving ahead with a lot of projects. Also, my first anthology is coming out soon :D
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#641 Post by Rinima »

"Fuck your beauty rulings. I refuse to met your standards, and your made-up mold for pretty. If my skinny, isn't thin enough, it offends your line of vision, words of wisdom, re-evaluate, what exactly your entitled, because I owe you nothing."
This is quickly becoming my favorite quote.

Pronouns: They/them or He/him

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#642 Post by curry nochi rice »

My sourdough starter didn't fail.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#643 Post by MomoiroGirl »

Looks like I'm going to go see The Nutcracker with my BFF after all! SO excited! And, in light of the occasion, I decided, I needed a dress for the ballet, since I realized I don't have that many "classy" dresses. And since it' been a while since I really went more all-in on shopping, I ended up binge-shopping a bit... Which is bad for my wallet, but good for my mood! And it's Christmas, so yeah whatever, lemme have my shopping spree dammit! Also, I just decided to try out a drawing school, which should be good. I'm really hoping it'll help me improve a lot!

Also, I'm finally completely off my old medication! Well, I'm on a new one though, but this should at least not make me all drowsy permanently and apathetic. Fingers crossed the new medicine will be a positive thing!

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#644 Post by TsukiShima »

SO MANY THINGS HAPPENED TODAY!

Right now in Malaysia, there's going to be a big convention going on this weekend and I'm so nervous! I'm so nervous about going there and meeting friends, new friends, artists and just going there! But I'm not backing out because it's event of the year! I just can't believe there's only 1 day more! The bad thing is the signing session is limited so we probably have to fight our way just to meet our favourite artist. orz

And ahhhh I wonder if anyone here reads the famous Manhwa 19 DAYS by OLD Xian? I've been following it and the latest update made me... very full of feelings! I can't explain it! It's so sad and heartbreaking, it made me so surprise I can feel like this because of a manhwa! It also made me realize this is the type of story I want to make. A story with such lovable characters, dynamic, and connects the reader with them. I want to be such artist too. ;;; Aaahhh!

And congratulation to everyone, and happy holidays!

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#645 Post by noeinan »

So, I kind of incidentally ended up becoming the main organizer for a protest happening in my town, and I was super panicking about it. However, I finally heard back from an experienced organizer (after sending info to more than 20 local organizations) and got so much excellent advice that I now think I can do this. I am so relieved, I can't even.