A Beautiful Life (Visual Novel)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Chou

A Beautiful Life (Visual Novel)

#1 Post by Chou »

Hi! I thought it'd be best to post here to find people who are kind enough to help me with my project ^^

The plot is nothing special... it's basically about the main characters who simply go to school, but all of them also have a secret which has changed their lives completely~ (Haha, unoriginal, I know~ but good enough for me!) I'll try to make this a nice action/drama story with some comedy and romance too.

Characters (of course there are more, but I don't want to mention ALL of them yet):
Ootsuchi Yoshi, the new guy at school. He finds friends very quickly and cares a lot for them, but he still prefers being alone and sleeping all day.
[That's what he looks like: click Please excuse my horrible art... X_X;; ]

Takekami Chou (no idea why I chose her name for my forum account, haha), a girl who is practicing martial arts. She's very competitive and annoyed easily; she hates losing battles.

Shiawase Eien, usually doesn't want to be seen and doesn't talk a lot. She hates her life and rarely leaves her room.

Chiimiya Kanon, a cheerful girl from grade 8 who admires Yoshi. She always wears a kitty-hat and loves things such as cosplaying and drawing fanart.

Nagafuku Misaki, the principal's daughter. A shy girl who spends most of her time in the school library.

I hope I'll have enough time to draw all of those characters too ^^;; (And I hope my designs aren't THAT horrible...)

Now here's the "interesting" part~ I'm looking for voice actors! All you need is a good mic and enough time for recording the lines. I'd be so happy if some of you could help me with that, a fully voiced visual novel would be awesome ^^

And also, I'm using music from Game and Anime soundtracks at the moment, and I'm not really happy with that... any composers out there? T_T

Thanks for reading~~ :D

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

Re: A Beautiful Life (Visual Novel)

#2 Post by JQuartz »

Chou wrote:Takekami Chou (no idea why I chose her name for my forum account, haha)...
JQuartz is also the name of a character in my stories and Pytom uses Eileen as his avatar. I guess it's probably due to the strong attachment I have with the character.
Chou wrote:Hi! I thought it'd be best to post here to find people who are kind enough to help me with my project ^^
I'm not sure but I think it'll be hard to get help...
Which system(Renpy, ONscripter, Blade, Flash,etc...) are you planning to use anyway?
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#3 Post by Samu-kun »

Hey that sounds like a fun VN project. ^_^ How long do you plan the story to be? If it's not too extensive (less than 20 000 words total) I wouldn't mind voicing a part for fun. :3 Just be warned, I'm not really what you'd call a professonal voice talent or anything... I just have three years of practice in speech during high school and that's all. ^_^

I'm male and 18 years old... I can do high pitched voices funny anime voices or really low pitched serious ones.

Chou

#4 Post by Chou »

JQuartz wrote:I'm not sure but I think it'll be hard to get help...
Which system(Renpy, ONscripter, Blade, Flash,etc...) are you planning to use anyway?
Sorry, I totally forgot to mention that... I'm using Renpy ^^
Samu-kun wrote:Hey that sounds like a fun VN project. ^_^ How long do you plan the story to be? If it's not too extensive (less than 20 000 words total) I wouldn't mind voicing a part for fun. :3 Just be warned, I'm not really what you'd call a professonal voice talent or anything... I just have three years of practice in speech during high school and that's all. ^_^

I'm male and 18 years old... I can do high pitched voices funny anime voices or really low pitched serious ones.
I'm not really sure about that yet, I wanted this project to be a rather long story, but then again I'm worried about the filesize x_x;; I think I'll keep it as short as possible and do a second part if people like the story ^^
That's perfectly fine, I'm not really looking for professionals, just for people who like voice acting and have fun with it~ ^_^ It'd be nice if you could help me, would it be possible for you to record the types of voices you can do? :D (I feel like I'm asing for too much already, haha... X_X)

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#5 Post by Samu-kun »

Ah, foolish me. Of course I should provide voice samples if I want to help. ^_^ I'll get that done tommarow... But not right now, since it's 2 AM here right now I need to go to bed or else I shall die at work tommarow.... ^_^;;;; Sorry. >_<;

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#6 Post by JQuartz »

Chou wrote:Sorry, I totally forgot to mention that... I'm using Renpy ^^
Well if you have something special you want Renpy to do, you can request for it. I'll try to code it for you. (don't ask for anything too hard though, i'm no programmer)
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#7 Post by Samu-kun »

Teehee... :3 I'm kind of at a loss as to what exactly I should say. ^_^ Can you PM me a portion of the script and I can try practicing on a bit? :3

uluuu
Regular
Projects: Half Past Never

#8 Post by uluuu »

I have voice samples linked to in my signature, if you're interested. I can try to record other types if you want, too, since this was mostly whatever I felt like saying... My voice is sort of weird though, so I won't feel bad if you don't want to use it for anything, hehe~

ameet

#9 Post by ameet »

I'm a composer. There are links to my music in this thread:

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=2814

Let me know if there's anything you like, or if you'd like something new for your game.

Chou

#10 Post by Chou »

To JQuartz - Thank you! Though I don't think I'll be doing anything fancy... like, the characters will just be talking and there's going to be a CG every now and again... ^^;;;

To Samu-kun - Sure, I will send you a PM right now X3

To uluuu - I really like your voice! I'll let you know whether I'd like to use it once I finished all of the character designs, okay? ^_^

To ameet - Wow, you're really talented~! It reminds me so much of official music for games~ I'd feel really honored if you could do music for my novel :D (Though I don't know how time-consuming composing is... so please let me know if it's too much work and I'll gladly use the tracks you already have finished~ ^^ With a special mention in the credits of course~!)

ameet

#11 Post by ameet »

Chou wrote:To JQuartz - Thank you! Though I don't think I'll be doing anything fancy... like, the characters will just be talking and there's going to be a CG every now and again... ^^;;;

To Samu-kun - Sure, I will send you a PM right now X3

To uluuu - I really like your voice! I'll let you know whether I'd like to use it once I finished all of the character designs, okay? ^_^

To ameet - Wow, you're really talented~! It reminds me so much of official music for games~ I'd feel really honored if you could do music for my novel :D (Though I don't know how time-consuming composing is... so please let me know if it's too much work and I'll gladly use the tracks you already have finished~ ^^ With a special mention in the credits of course~!)
Thanks Chou! I really appreciate it! I'd be happy to do the music. Yeah, it might take a while. But that's ok. If time becomes a factor let me know. What I can do to start is to write a theme for each character... your character descriptions were good, so I'll try to write some themes around those... I'll make each around 1:30-2:00 min long.

Also, if you find a clip in the links I gave before that you'd like for the game, just let me know and I'll send you an mp3.

I'd like to be able to use the music I make for the game in other projects in the future, if that's cool with you.

Mirielle
Regular
Deviantart: miirne
Soundcloud: mirne-1

#12 Post by Mirielle »

Ah! Someone who's looking for voice actors! -shamelesslyplugsservices-

I'd love to participate in your project, if you'd like to hear a sample of my voice I have a link to my demo reel in my signature~

Although...it's about time I made a new one...I kind of cringe at myself in that...
Available for voice acting - Please listen to my demo reel!

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#13 Post by Samu-kun »

Lawlz. I tried recording a few voices today, except I vastly underestimated how much my cheap microphone sucked. :3 There's far too much noise interference to be used in a VN format, even at the highest quality. Not to mention it has alot of background static. o_o; *sighs and waits for the day that he might get a new microphone... >_<*

Just a question to other voice actors... Do you guys have a special type of microphone that you use? I can't really seem to get any good quality sound out of mine. Maybe it's just because it really sucks. ^_^;;;

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran

#14 Post by JQuartz »

Samu-kun wrote:Just a question to other voice actors... Do you guys have a special type of microphone that you use? I can't really seem to get any good quality sound out of mine. Maybe it's just because it really sucks. ^_^;;;
Maybe you can start a new topic on that (like the one about the tablet)

Mirielle
Regular
Deviantart: miirne
Soundcloud: mirne-1

#15 Post by Mirielle »

Samu-kun wrote:Just a question to other voice actors... Do you guys have a special type of microphone that you use? I can't really seem to get any good quality sound out of mine. Maybe it's just because it really sucks. ^_^;;;
Well, let's ask a few questions!

Firstly, what microphone do you currently use? A USB mic? Headset? In-built Mic? I would recommend the USB type or headset. I've never gotten very good quality with in-built ones, so I'd try to avoid using them, however, I guess it also has something to do with the sound card you have as well.

Also, what program do you use when you record? Audacity is a good, free program you can download which has a very easy to use interface, can export to various file formats and has a lot of handy features, like noise removal!

Finally, where do you record? Is it a place that has a lot of excess background noise? Is it possible to record somewhere with less? Is your microphone set to picking up a lot of noise? (Referring to Audacity again, it has an adjustable level at which you can set to pick up more or less noise. You should set it to pick up less noise, and then record. If your voice is too quiet, you can amplify it and make your voice louder and have still have less background noise.)

And...special microphones? Haha...not really. I currently have two. A Logitech USB Desktop Mic and a Verbatim Headset Mic. I prefer using my headset for normal speaking lines, and the USB one for death/battle/everyday screams. Although, both are fine for voice acting in general. There are a lot of mics out there, and expensive does not necessarily mean better. I think my first headset mic was about $15 and it worked perfectly.

Hope this helps! I'm hoping to go professional one day, so maybe knowledge about microphones will come in handy..?
Available for voice acting - Please listen to my demo reel!