Cafe Mysteria(Xmas)(Otome)(New Demo)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

Re: [DEMO UP!]Cafe Mysteria[Otome][GxB][Butler Cafe][FREE]

#16 Post by AsHLeX »

@VocaloidsRCool:
It may be too late to answer, but I will anyway. I would like to ask all the characters what they would like most for Christmas, and I would like to ask Haru if I can wear his headphones once.
Ehhh maybe I can change it for new years? ^^" Okay, I'll include that in >w<
Good work in realizing that. (Even I didn't know it till like halfway through ahahahaha...)
However, I like visual novels with a few more personal selections - a few more choices, like the Aloners game.
Ehhhh~ I hope to add more choices later...? Maybe on christmas day/after that @@. Hope I don't disappoint ^^"
I can never win at the card game 'memory'
I kind of revised the time for that and made it longer ^^" So hopefully it'll be sort of easier?

Thank you so much for trying the demo! :)
Last edited by AsHLeX on Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
New demo out 24/12/23!!

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory

#17 Post by AsHLeX »

@tantivy:
Also, when Kyou asks me trivia questions on day three, I think there is something wrong with the name question. I've typed my name carefully with both a capital letter at the beginning and in all small letters, but Kyou says I got my name wrong no matter what.
Fixed :) Thanks to mjshi and philat ^^"
Right after my character goes to the seashore and it says, "I close my eyes and enjoy the sound," it says that an exception has occurred. Another exception occurs right after it says "The party is almost finishing." I was able to click "ignore" and move on with the story, though, in each of those cases.
Just fixed it! Thanks! :D
Also, I think it would be good for it to say "correct" after I type in "tokyo" just for consistency.
Hahaha...My bad on this one. I did, but I seemed to have messed up the code a little that's why it didn't register...
Thanks for pointing it out!
When I'm playing Haru's matching game on Christmas Eve, it works just fine, but when I play his game on an earlier day (day 2, I think?) there is a glitch that makes all the cards except one keep disappearing all of a sudden so I can't make matches.
Ah, I found out what I did wrong already haha...Opps. Thanks! It's fixed now.
Speaking of Haru's matching game, the four-card version is extremely difficult (and I haven't really been able to play the two-card kind so I don't know about that). I would recommend making it a bit easier, like increasing or removing the time limit.
Agreed. @@ Lengthened it to 20 minutes. ^^" (lol)
(Actually, I lengthened most of the game timers. Somewhere ranging from 6-20 minutes - other than the one's that are pretty easy.)
When I go on a date with Zhang, there's a point when my character can say "Where are we going?" or "N-not really..." This second choice makes it seem like my character has understood him even though I guess she hasn't since she's me, so that's confusing.
Changed it ^^"

Thank you so much for your comprehensive review!!! :D It was really helpful ^^"
Last edited by AsHLeX on Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
New demo out 24/12/23!!

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by AsHLeX »

@Alice PH:
Pfft, it's a festival everyday for me xD I WILL PLAY ANY GAME THAT IS GOOD. Which means, yes, yes, yes I would play it <3
Awww, thanks~~ <3

@Akitsuki:
Wow! It looks great yet simple! I'm downloading the demo now and I'll tell you more after I play it.
Totally subscribing this topic from now!
Thank you so much!! <3
New demo out 24/12/23!!

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#19 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

I'm sorry to be a bother, but, maybe when the complete version is out, could you include how to get all Xmas eve dates in a walkthrough? Because I can't seem to get Haru's.

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by AsHLeX »

@VocaloidsRCool:
Sorry about that! I didn't script Haru's one yet ^^""
(I didn't have time and I wanted to release a demo by the 6th so yeah @@.)
Oh and it doesn't include Kyo's Xmas date either for anyone who's looking for it...
Sorry >o<
New demo out 24/12/23!!

SilverSnow
Regular
Completed: Bus Stop, Before the Tale, White Book Complete Volume, See You, The Raven
Projects: Secrets...
Tumblr: stchematelier
itch: st-chem-atelier
Discord: SHatsuyuki#1452

#21 Post by SilverSnow »

Waaa~~~~!! The plot is sooo interesting!! Of course I wouldn't mind playing it even if it's out of season! ^^
Downloading the demo and will be looking forward for the full version! :D

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by AsHLeX »

@SilverSnow:
Thank you for your encouragement! ^^"
Hope you enjoy it~
New demo out 24/12/23!!

OtomeRisa

Re: Cafe Mysteria[Otome][GxB][Butler Cafe][FREE]

#23 Post by OtomeRisa »

This seems interesting! I'll definitely download the full version when it is out~ ^^

cieled
Tumblr: cieled

Re: Cafe Mysteria[Otome][GxB][Butler Cafe][FREE]

#24 Post by cieled »

Seems really interesting! Can't wait to play the full game ^^

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Cafe Mysteria[Otome][GxB][Butler Cafe][UP AND RUNNING!!]

#25 Post by AsHLeX »

After taking a break from VN-making for a long time, I seem to have forgotten how much effort is needed to just write the plot...
At least the load of programming has been taken off my hands, thanks to mudora23. (Really, thank you so much!)
After reaching about 6k worth of words (in 2 days) I can already feel my motivation dropping exponentially (yeah, maths... lol).

Anyway, enough of my ranting. Time to provide you guys with an update after disappearing for such a long time~

14/10/2015 - Finished prologue & Haru's Route for Day 1 & Changed backgrounds & Textbox. Writing is around 3219 words. (Inclusive of notes and such)

15/10/2015 - Finished Shin's Route for Day 1. Writing is around 3469 words. (Inclusive of notes and such.)

16/10/2015 - Finished Zhang Tian's Route for Day 1. (English, not yet translated) Writing is around 2600 words. (Inclusive of notes and such.) Finished Kyou's Route for Day 1. Writing is around 4385 words. (Inclusive of notes and such.) Finally finished the first day!!!

Another thing that I changed is that I added more choices so that the character will respond to you differently in (some) situations, (depending on choices you made in the past) for a more personalized touch, to increase the first-hand feel.

I know that's a very short update, but i'll try to update frequently (every few days). Right now i'm trying to get at least one day's worth of one character route (eg. Day 1: Shin's route) per day.

Please continue your support! It's my ultimate motivation! (Honestly, I really hope I can make it in time for Christmas... I think I can though if I keep up this pace...)

Ah, and if you can, please help to answer the questions in the first post~ It'll help me think of things to do in the VN.
I'm so sleepy that I don't even feel sleepy anymore lol.
Attachments
New Cafe Background
New Cafe Background
New demo out 24/12/23!!

DavidA.
Projects: Lucid9
Organization: Fallen Snow Studios

Re: Cafe Mysteria[Otome][GxB][Butler Cafe][10/16/2015]

#26 Post by DavidA. »

I understand how overwhelming writing plot can be. I came across your project a while ago and meant to comment on it. Really nice job so far! I really look forward to the finished product.

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#27 Post by sakurakimuchi »

DID SOMEBODY SAID BUTLERS? Oh my Kuroshitsuji feels. Why can't I stop thinking about Sebastian right now? lol.
But anyways, congrats on the idea! I think Butler Cafe's are a perfect fit for a otome game, and your plot seems interesting, so you've won me already with that.
And the sprites are really good, so yeah, so far everything is looking amazing!

Sayashiro
Regular
Projects: Freak-Quency, Cafe Memoria, Amplitude, Spring Breeze, Escape from Puzzlegate, Project Aivisu, All the Pretty Flowers

#28 Post by Sayashiro »

This looks really adorable! I will be trying the game when it comes out. ^^
/ Sayaka Mashiro / Voice-Over Artist / Casting Director /
l Website l http://sayashiro.wix.com/sayakamashiro l

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by AsHLeX »

Woah, I just realized that it's been almost one month since my last update.
I apologize!!!! I know I promised to update sooner. It's just that this month was full of unexpected things happening.

@DavidA:
Thank you so much for your support!! It means a lot!
I will finish it by Christmas! I must! (Cries inwardly)

@sakurakimuchi:
Kuroshitsuji!!~<3 Sebastian!~ >w<
Thank you for the encouragement!!! I will try my best to not disappoint! :D

@Sayashiro:
Wow, I'm so glad that you're taking interest in this! :D
Thank you for your support!!!

Now, for the updates!!!

Finished:
Day1 All Routes
Day2 All Routes
Day3 All Routes

Another thing I added was that for Day 2 and 3, you get to play against any Butler of your choice! (From the one that is present) And another thing that I changed from the previous demo was that now, you get to pick between two randomized butlers for each day instead of being stuck with just the one that is thrown at you.
(For those who don't know, the butlers who serve you on day 2 and 3 were originally randomized to follow after the concept of some Butler cafe's in Japan that won't tell you who the Butler on duty is for that day until you show up)

And Day 4!!! Christmas Eve! (Ah, the pain of this)
The day that miscommunication with Zhang Tian is at it's peak, the day that Shin gets honest with you and the day that Haru reveals his deepest, darkest secrets~
Day 4 has a total of 23084 words!! (Just for day 4!) (It includes some minor pieces of coding so maybe the actually dialogue is less by 1-2kk? Not entirely sure)
Pssh pssh. If you make Kyou to really like you, then he'll take you on a romantic date by the beach where you watch the sunset together. Isn't that cute?~ Awwww. Here's the awesome music that goes with it:
http://musicmaterial.jpn.org/mp3/hidamari.mp3
Credit to music material.jpn.org
So, while I am terribly behind schedule, I think that I should be able to finish on time. (Cries cries.)

Keep checking back for more updates!!! :D
New demo out 24/12/23!!

cath-mg
Regular
Projects: Ashworth's Last Princess (Resigned), Kokorogawari
Organization: Precatio彡
Tumblr: cath-mg
Github: cath-mg

#30 Post by cath-mg »

The sprites and backgrounds are so pretty!! Now I can't wait for Christmas Eve :)
Everyone seems to have a sad past... Makes me want to wrap them in a blanket and shower them with love. I love all the characters and the idea of how "Player personality is kept to a minimum to make it as realistic as possible".

1. What questions would you like to ask any of the butlers?
To Haru: Would you like to switch headphones with me? (Because I myself take headphones whenever I go) XD

2. Where and with which butler would you like to be taken on a date with?
.... All of them? I'd like to go with Haru to the amusement park!

3. What games would you like to play with the butlers? And with whom?
Pocky game with Haru. I'll have a lot of fun teasing him :lol:

Keep up the good work! I am so looking forward to the new demo!!