Box Art Design

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Nio
Regular
Projects: ??????

Box Art Design

#1 Post by Nio »

I was bored so for fun I put this mock cover together for the mini-game I'm planning to do.

What do you think? Would you play this game (Minus a description, humor me)?

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#2 Post by PyTom »

I would play. Of course, I would have played anyway, even without the box cover. I wish I could draw like that.

How H are you inteding the game to be? You disclaim adult language and situations, but not nudity.

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#3 Post by Otaku Dash »

I would definetly play it! Any new games are welcome.... :D The cover i really well done (:shock: :oops: and a :P too).....i second Pytom on "i wish i could draw like that" part... the art for the box is amazing. :)
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

Nio
Regular

#4 Post by Nio »

Thanks for the replies. Actually, as it stands I plan to have one sexual event, but you would have to do just about everything perfect to get it. Guess I should put something like that under the rating. But like I said, it was just for fun.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by musical74 »

I would probably play it *agrees with PyTom about the drawing* And I agree with Otaku Dash, all new games are welcome =)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

BlackSpider
Regular

#6 Post by BlackSpider »

I'd definitely play any new game that comes out. Besides I agree that the drawing is very good.

Nio
Regular

#7 Post by Nio »

You guys are too kind (about the art being good). Guess I'm the average critical artist that thinks all his art stinks. :oops:

Thanks

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#8 Post by Sai »

The artwork looks very professional. Up to par with some of the art I've seen for commercial visual novels actually.
Well being an artist (primarily) myself I know you probably won't believe me, haha, but tough, I'm saying it anyway.

Anyway yeah I think if I saw it on a shelf I'd be interested to take a look at what it's about based on the image.

Best of luck with your project.

Tage
Regular

#9 Post by Tage »

Yuuummmiiii... :shock: Hey, I'd play it. Why does love hurt? Hm... Sounds interesting... lol... I, too, wish I could do art that well... n.n

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#10 Post by mikey »

It's great! All I'm missing is some Japanese letters that no one understands to the top left of the title (the "original" title), and you'd fool me completely! :P

*prints out cover, puts it in an empty DVD case, has a clean CD-R ready, sits and waits...*

oh yes, and...

*stares at the game package*

Grey
Veteran

#11 Post by Grey »

The art is indeed lovely. *Enters burn sketchbook mode*

Yes I would happily play the game :)

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#12 Post by papillon »

Art looks good to me... so, are you hirable for future game projects? :) (Not planning on getting anyone else on board on what I'm doing at the moment, it would be too much trouble to throw all the current art out and start over!)[/url]

Nio
Regular

#13 Post by Nio »

papillon wrote:Art looks good to me... so, are you hirable for future game projects? :) (Not planning on getting anyone else on board on what I'm doing at the moment, it would be too much trouble to throw all the current art out and start over!)[/url]
I'm actually a freelance artist/web developer. I usually charge about $25(US) an hour. Though right now I'm actually pretty backed up with work. One of the things that's halting my work on this game. :(

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#14 Post by Sai »

Do you have an online portfolio or something to see examples of your other work? (doesn't matter if it's web design or whatever, I'm still curious)

#15 Post by Guest »

I'm redoing my porfolio site atm. So nothing is up. I'm actually trying to get out of the web development side of things. When I do get the site up it will be at: http://nio.hyperbunny.com/