Once Upon a Hallow's Eve [GxB][Romance][Fantasy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: Once Upon a Hallow's Eve [GxB][Romance][Fantasy]

#16 Post by Ran08 »

@Gospel: Yay, thank you! (I'm replying a year late to this, I knooow.) Hahaha. Okay, we changed it, to the last minute. Anyway, her name is re-name-able, so you can choose any name for her that you'd like! And oh my gosh, this project is long overdue, I know. Hahaha. I still do hope it can have a Halloween vibe even though it won't be released on Halloween. :D

By the way, how is Shinrai coming along? :) That's another Halloween game that I'm also looking forward to! I'm excited for all 150,000 words of awesomeness. <3

@Rosstin: Thank you! And yep, I totally agree... it's awesome to have Eru working with me on this project. <3

@Junesong: Thank you! You may not have to keep an eye on it for long... hehe. :)

Ack, I haven't updated this page in so long! :D Sorry, huhu. The script is actually already completed. We just have to look for testers and proofreaders, I suppose, haha, since the game is still untested. :D Oh, and... coding... is... done, but not quite. (Haha, what?) Art-wise, we still have a couple more to go, but... it won't be long now. <3 Anyway, thanks again for checking this out!

cath-mg
Regular
Projects: Ashworth's Last Princess (Resigned), Kokorogawari
Organization: Precatio彡
Tumblr: cath-mg
Github: cath-mg

#17 Post by cath-mg »

1. Would you like to play this game? (I do hope so! Haha!)
Yes!!

2. What do you think about the premise?
By premise do you mean the topic/theme of the game? I'm looking forward to the spooky scenes! Wooo~

3. Any thoughts about the characters? (I wonder which one you like best...)
Hmmm... Vern. I like how he's shy but he's actually a jokester. Also
Ran08 wrote:But as the saying goes, still waters do run deep.
Makes me curious on what he's hiding.

4. Comments, suggestions, critique? :)
Ran08 wrote:hopefully, it’ll have enough of that spooky vibe to be fit for Halloween.
If this is the atmosphere you're looking for, I think the colorful and bright sprites feels a bit out of place? But that might be just me nitpicking too much...
Anyway, looking forward to more updates! ^^

Dreamgazer
Veteran
Completed: Death Room; Don't Take This Risk; War: 13th Day; War Specials
Projects: Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)
Organization: Poison Apple Tales
Tumblr: poisonappletales
Deviantart: PoisonAppleTales

#18 Post by Dreamgazer »

Hello again, Ran!

Yes, I would. It's very cute, and I love the title. It evokes the fairytale feeling of "Once Upon a Time."

My first thought was that it reminded me of a shoujo, so if that was your intention, you succeeded! I'm curious about the secret behind the mansion. And now, I'm thinking of Diabolik Lovers. Are there vampires in there?! Do they sparkle?!

Chun Li is super cute. I like the way her hair whips over her shoulder. Out of them all, I would say that she's my favorite. The guys, to be honest, aren't quite my type. They're good looking with awesome shading, but I've never been into the contemporary style, which is what they embody. So, it isn't a critique. Just a matter of preference.

That said, their personalities seem interesting, especially Viktor and Vonn. Also, I notice that their names all start with the letter 'V.' Coincidence? I think not. (But correct me if I'm wrong.) Also, I was totally planning on using that name, Viktor, for one of my future visual novel characters, haha. Clearly, great minds think alike.

4. Comments, suggestions, critique? :)
I love that chibi. Also, is Chun Li's name a reference to that very popular character from Street Fighter? As for critique...I would need to play it first before I can give some.
Ran08 wrote:Ack, I haven't updated this page in so long! :D Sorry, huhu. The script is actually already completed. We just have to look for testers and proofreaders, I suppose, haha, since the game is still untested. :D Oh, and... coding... is... done, but not quite. (Haha, what?) Art-wise, we still have a couple more to go, but... it won't be long now. <3 Anyway, thanks again for checking this out!
If you're looking for a proofreader, I'd be willing to volunteer. You saw my writing in the Death Room, so hopefully, that can testify to my skill.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Ran08 »

@cath-mg

Why, thank you! :) Oh, man, I hope we won't disappoint you, then!
And yeah, Vern can be pretty shy... but jokes are his absolute weakness! Hahaha.
I see what you mean! :) Don't worry, you're not nitpicking "too much", haha. It's not meant to be a completely spooky story, however, since I'm more of a romance writer than anything. :( Still... this was supposed to be released on Halloween, so it's our take on having a spooky, romance story. :)

Thank you for your comments, btw! We definitely appreciate them. :)

@Dreamgazer
Oh, yay, thanks for checking this out! *feels self-conscious all of a sudden* Hahaha.

That's exactly the feel we were going for with that title! :) It was meant to be a fairy-tale-y sort of story at first, and though it's no longer the case now, the title just stuck. Haha.

And yes... hahaha, this is, first and foremost, a romance game... so... that's that. :D Hmm... I wouldn't want to spoil too much though! And yay, thanks for liking the MC! :) My idea was to make her look as typically plain as possible, but Eru convinced me otherwise. Thank goodness for that! Haha. It's no coincidence that their names all start with V, either.
Eh, but that's because they're brothers! Mehehe.
Haha, oh, I'm looking forward to more VNs from you! I was just looking at War: 13th Day's project thread earlier. :)

And woah, thanks for the offer! :) Can I PM you? Yeah, I'm going to PM you. PMing you now... hahaha.

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#20 Post by Lesleigh63 »

What cute looking art.

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#21 Post by sakurakimuchi »

Of course! I loved the plot, and the art is looking really good, so I can't even think of one single reason why I wouldn't want to play this. I really like creepy-scary stories with some romance in it, the otome gaming world needs more of that.
I loved it! Like I said, I'm a fan of this kind of stuff, so the plot is really interesting.
Too soon to tell, but I guess Vonn is my favorite. He has a little smirk, which is kind of sexy, plus, I liked his character description the most I guess.
4. Comments, suggestions, critique?
Just keep up the good work, because it's looking awesome and I already want to play this!

Virelai
Regular

#22 Post by Virelai »

This looks very very good. It's really appealing and it already looks extremely polished (especially the art) even though it's not finished yet!

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Ran08 »

Updated some info above. :D Also, this game is back in development! Technically, the game is already complete, but we're still polishing some things. Target release is on October 2016. *does a little happy dance*

It's been a long journey and we had to put it on hiatus a couple of times, but... whew, we're glad we're finally getting there! :)

And for some very, very late replies...
@Lesleigh63: Thank you! And oh my, I loved Lads in Distress. <3 Good luck on the longer version! I'm looking forward to playing it!

@sakurakimuchi: Thank you so much! <3 Man, I hope we don't disappoint you. Hahaha. It's not... really a horror story though, so... so... um... haha, just play to find out! =) *sneaky*

@Virelai: Awww, thank you! Haha, we still have a few things to improve, and we hope you'll play it when it comes out! :)

ChiyukiSuishou
Tumblr: chiyuki-suishou

#24 Post by ChiyukiSuishou »

This looks interesting, I hope you'll continue developing this visual novel :)

Happy Halloween !

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by Ran08 »

@ChiyukiSuishou
Coincidentally, today's the release date for this long due visual novel. :)))) Hahaha, thank you so much for the interest (and the awesome 'prediction')! Have a happy Halloween too!