Looking for a Concept Artist/Character Designer (PENDING)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
MyFrozenSanctuary
Projects: Silent Tears~ *Series*
Organization: Haunted Love Studio
Tumblr: myfrozensanctuary
Deviantart: myfrozensanctuary

Looking for a Concept Artist/Character Designer (PENDING)

#1 Post by MyFrozenSanctuary »

Hello everyone! I think I'm ready to start requesting some art for Silent Tears: Origins.

I'm looking for an artist to make some concept sketches and clothing designs for my five main characters. As I am a writer first and foremost, my initial ideas can be taken with a grain of salt. What writes well doesn't always transfer to being visually appealing. I am of course happy to take a step back for artistic creativity and suggestions, but there might be a few things that I won't move on, especially if it ties into the main plot. But that shouldn't be an issue in this concept stage.

Anyone interested in applying will need to be able to draw children of different cultures and countries. As it is a fantasy universe, artistic liberty will also be given to how different each culture is to one another (suggestions are noted however). Three of the children are of royal descent so that will need to be taken into account aswell. The game is going to be dealing with dark themes, which can be found on the thread, so applicants will need to be comfortable being part of this project. More details will be provided to future applicants on request.

As there are many different art styles here, I'm willing to try realistic, anime and anything in between. Ideally I would like anime style but don't think I'm not up for other styles. If it calls out to me, I don't really mind what style it's in. It would be great if it could appear to be 'colourful and childish' but have a dark sort of vibe/tone. Now that I think about it, that's probably super unhelpful eh?

I'm willing to pay people to do a rough draft of a single character (to be picked by myself or the artist) and if I really like it, I'll commission said artist to do the rest. Depending on how many people apply, will determine if I just pick one artist or several for the concept work. If you would rather not be part of an art team (or would rather be the leader artist) please tell me before you do the rough draft. I am ready to pay the artist by their own rates, as it is only fair, but I'll need to be told beforehand so I can get ready to pay.

If it works out well for both of us, I'm also happy to offer a permanent place as game artist in the future if desired. ST:O is a free game but I will be paying all people involved for their work. It will a completely paid role, at the artist's rate or whatever agreement we come to. (The artists who apply for concept art will be able to apply for the permanent position as well) but I'm probably getting a bit ahead of myself.

So in summary (because that was a huge wall of text) I am looking for an artist to create concept sketches of my 5 children characters with clothing. Everyone that applies with a rough draft of one character will be paid for their time, even if they are not chosen as concept artist(s). The concept artist(s) will be then commissioned to draw the other characters and be paid for their service. When the time comes for actual sprite work, all artists will then be able to apply for the permanent artist position.

Hopefully this makes sense. I apologise profoundly if it doesn't. I wish everyone a good day and weekend ^^
Last edited by MyFrozenSanctuary on Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neryko
Regular
Deviantart: neryko

Re: Looking for a Concept Artist/Character Designer [PAID]

#2 Post by Neryko »

Im so interested! And also I don't mind about work alone or in a work team. I inbox you with teh rest ;)
ImageImageImageImage

Ulalaria
Regular
Completed: Faust: Scene II, Queen At Arms, Rosewater
Projects: The Owl-Woman Oracle
Tumblr: meagantrott

#3 Post by Ulalaria »

I sent you a pm. :)

Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

#4 Post by Alcor »

Sent you a pm ^_^

jhibbs

#5 Post by jhibbs »

I am a professional illustrator and graphic design consultant. I have a lot of experience working on CCGs and fantasy board games but I'm open to just about any sort of project. I'd love to have the chance to work on a game like this. Drop me an e-mail if you're interested!

Portfolio: jhibbs.carbonmade.com

MyFrozenSanctuary

#6 Post by MyFrozenSanctuary »

Hey everyone ~

Thank you soo much for the messages and inquiries. I'm going to leave this open for a few more days (while I finish off my assignments) but I just wanted to thank you all for the wonderful offers. I'll be replying back as soon as I get this biology report finished.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#7 Post by minyan »

Hello there! I'm Min. I'm interested in this project and would like to offer my services as well. ^^

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 62&t=30454

^ This link is to my thread with samples, and it also has a link to my deviantart account where you'll find many more samples if you so choose. I have prices on there but none for sketches and concept art, so we can work out something that we're both comfortable with. You can contact me through here or at reedermin@yahoo.com. Thank you in advance for your consideration!
ImageImage

PinkCottonCandy
Deviantart: Viki-chii

#8 Post by PinkCottonCandy »

Hello!
Are you still looking for artists? This project seems interesting but I just came across it :(

MyFrozenSanctuary

#9 Post by MyFrozenSanctuary »

Hey darlings,

I've got one more exam tomorrow and then I'll be free of school work for the semester! (it's been a very very long month, sooo glad I won't have to deal with science for a few weeks XD) Once I'm home I'll be replying to all you lovelies and linking you to my deviantart stash (which I've been working on during my study breaks -hasn't been many this month-)

If you've got a character preference feel free to message me again in the meantime.

I'm sorry about not replying sooner, I wanted to make sure I had a good amount of information to give you before I sent you lovelies away to create some wonderful concept pieces. ^^

-MFS

KucingKecil
Deviantart: villian-kk

#10 Post by KucingKecil »

PM have sent :wink:

tomtato

#11 Post by tomtato »

PM sent! : D

Kshatriya
Tumblr: kshatriyadraws

#12 Post by Kshatriya »

Pm sent

Benesumi
Regular
Tumblr: Benesumi

Re: Looking for a Concept Artist/Character Designer (PENDING

#13 Post by Benesumi »

Is this proposal still pending? I am interested. ^_^

Cakey
Regular
Deviantart: Ilsaaaaa

#14 Post by Cakey »

Yeah, I am too :)
As CG :)

arisa-chibara
Regular
Projects: "Lost in the drift" "Infinite Game Works" "Without Within 3" etc
Organization: Studio Katamalia
Tumblr: arisa-chibara
Deviantart: arisa-chibara

#15 Post by arisa-chibara »

Hi, if you are still looking I am interested.
Here is my site: http://arisa-chibara.deviantart.com/
beachcpl3.jpg
DH_demo.jpg
temp1.jpg
Freelance Artist for Hire
Anime Portfolio: http://arisa-chibara.deviantart.com/
Animation Portfolio: http://jennifersunart.blogspot.ca/