Garden of Oblivion [LD30][drama][horror][puzzle] Now on Steam!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Helianthus
Regular
Completed: Being Beauteous, Ambre, HVNCML, Garden of Oblivion, Wounded by Words
Projects: Chronotopia, Khzi and the Cursed Stone
Organization: Träumendes Mädchen
Tumblr: TraumendesMadchen

Re: Garden of Oblivion [LD30][drama][horror][puzzle]

#16 Post by Helianthus »

LadyElisabeth wrote:I love this game, but I need help. Where's the pendant?! I've looked everywhere but can't see it at all...so I can't figure out the good ending.
Hello there :) . To get both endings, it’s pretty simple: during your last time in the garden (recognizable because of the clock ticking), you’re given the golden key to enter the tree and can either do it right away or explore what remains of the area.
The “good end” requires that you discover the last puzzle hidden in the bottom left part of the garden (just click on the magnifying glass), which will give you the pendant. And voilà!
Tell me if you manage to get it ^_^

LadyElisabeth

#17 Post by LadyElisabeth »

Sorry, but it's not there. I'm in the scene, but there's no spot in the area you mentioned.

Helianthus
Regular

#18 Post by Helianthus »

LadyElisabeth wrote:Sorry, but it's not there. I'm in the scene, but there's no spot in the area you mentioned.
I just opened the latest build of the game and played through the end to check...and you're right: the icon refuses to appear 0__o. But I checked the code and there's no error to be seen on this segment. Moreover, the French version on the same build doesn't have this problem. So this bug is a complete mystery to me, I don't get why it doesn't work...

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I'll look into it more deeply and ask my programmer for advice. As soon as I've found the origin, I'll upload a new build. If you have a save right before this segment, you'll be able to keep playing, but if you chose this very moment to make a save, it will most likely be corrupted, sorry :oops:

EDIT: Issue should be fixed now! If you downloaded the game recently, please get the new build :o

ilyilaice
Regular
Completed: Flights of Fancy, Limbokin, Loveless on Lockdown, Aria at the Funeraria, Pusoy Dos, Jester Under Pressure, Dabbling in Drama, Iridescent Descent, Spirits of Limbo, Serial Killers Anonymous
Organization: Orca Martian Games
Tumblr: hurtinghabits
Deviantart: ilyilaice
itch: ilyilaice
Discord: ilyilaice

#19 Post by ilyilaice »

I have played Ambre, Wounded by Words, and now this one. It's pretty obvious that I enjoy your stories tremendously. I truly am a fan. <3

While I do hope for even more interactivity and more endings, I definitely appreciate how you place emphasis on quality over quantity. Your games always look so polished and pretty, plus the consistently psychological and dark subject matter always thrills me. Nice job as always.
Completed Games: Flights of Fancy (NaNoRenO 2019), Limbokin (NaNoRenO 2020), Loveless on Lockdown (NaNoRenO 2021), Aria at the Funeraria (Otome Jam 2021), Pusoy Dos (Spooktober 2021), Jester Under Pressure (NaNoRenO 2022), Dabbling in Drama (Otome Jam 2022), Iridescent Descent (Spooktober 2022), Spirits of Limbo (NaNoRenO 2023), Serial Killers Anonymous (Spooktober 2023). See them all here.

Helianthus
Regular

#20 Post by Helianthus »

ilyilaice wrote:I have played Ambre, Wounded by Words, and now this one. It's pretty obvious that I enjoy your stories tremendously. I truly am a fan. <3

While I do hope for even more interactivity and more endings, I definitely appreciate how you place emphasis on quality over quantity. Your games always look so polished and pretty, plus the consistently psychological and dark subject matter always thrills me. Nice job as always.
Aww, thanks a lot! I’m glad you like our games, even if they’re all quite different. Psychological and dark subject is my trademark so, if you’re into that, my stories are for you :lol:

I know I could offer more choices, yeah. For a while, most of our projects (which were short visual novel made during gamejams) did not lend themselves well to interactivity (also, I have trouble letting go of my writing power :oops: ) but it’s going to change with the next ones as Chronotopia is setting up a new era! In any case, I feel we’re moving in the right direction :D

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Garden of Oblivion [LD30][drama][horror][puzzle] Now on Steam!

#21 Post by Helianthus »

Hey there, it's been a while since I last posted on this topic :)
I'm happy to announce that Garden of Oblivion is now available on Steam. Still free, the game has been improved overall upon this new release.

It notably includes:
  • Additional text to flesh out some parts of the story,
  • A brand new GUI,
  • Lots of little adjustments (cleaner transitions, some camera effect and an illustration for the mirror scene)
  • And thanks to Marcel Weyers, a German translation has been added too!
If you haven't had the chance to play it yet, now's the time!