Arcadia Academy Series ~ MANY Postions open!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
valkyrie28

Arcadia Academy Series ~ MANY Postions open!

#1 Post by valkyrie28 »

Hello everyone, I'm Valkyre. I'm here because I have openings on a Commercial Visual Novel that I have been working on. Due to the estimated size of the project, I've realized that making it by myself will take forever, so I decided to open up this thread.

This will be the first game in the Arcadia Academy series!

Arcadia Academy is going to be a "school-life", "slice of life", type of Visual Novel, where you'll be controlling one male character as he interacts with his classmates and finds love with one of many female characters. The game will be R-18, as it will include sexual scenes, however a Age Friendly version will also be released. I'll try my best to be available at all times to help all members of the group. How much work is done? The basic story is written down, and some backgrounds have begun to be worked on. Thank you for reading!

Warning, this is going to be a long post!

Story
The story follows protagonist Cedric Page, who must now attend Arcadia Academy after being expelled from his old school due to being involved in gang-related violence. The son of a wealthy business man, Cedric is allowed into Arcadia due to his father's money. Now having to adapt to a new life style, how will Cedric cope? You control him as he starts a new chapter of his life, making new friends, joining new clubs, and finding new love. However, it is not all love and games, as the pass will return to haunt him.
Available Positions
Note, you can sign up for as many positions as you want and will be compensated as such! We hope that you'll stay for the whole series as it'll be kinda weird having a series with changing art styles :P
Producer/Leader: Valkyre28 (Me)
Coder: Open
Musical Composer: Open
Writer #1: Open
Writer #2: Open
CG Artist: Open
Character Artist : Open
GUI Artist: Open
Background Artist Valkyre28 (Me) (Example of the BG found here: http://i.imgur.com/LTNgudo.png)

What is needed
Now, with all the positions listed, one must be wondering what exactly is wanted from each position.
Producer/Leader: Be in charge of mandatory group meetings, and ensure that all progress is in order. Help in whatever is needed.

Coder: Basic to Moderate coding knowledge is preferred. Must be able to take what the writer creates and manipulate it inside of Renpy. No difficult coding is needed, just basics.

Musical Composer: This is a bit difficult to explain, as we will be using CC music as well. However, be expected to create at least 3 compositions, these will most likely be instrumental, but if you are a singer we can discuss this later.

Writers: Due to the size of the Visual Novel we'll have the two separate writers doing separate paths. I do need the writing styles to be mostly the same. I will have weekly meetings to see how progress is going and to provide constructive criticism.

CG Artist: The amount of CGs is currently not known, although we are estimating at least 15-20. Will needed 1 CG every 1-2 months depending on the complexity of the CG.

Character Artist : We are going to need at least 5 unique characters with varying expressions, and different clothing sets. Will need to have one character completed every 1-2 months, depending on the difficulty.

GUI Artist: Basic GUI set is needed, am looking for a simple, friendly tone. Will discuss details later.

Background Artist Valkyre28 (Me): Will be expecting 30-40 backgrounds. This will include the same rooms with different times of day and varying seasonal changes.

All members are encouraged to help each other by reviewing each other's work if able to
Project Information

So, how will we be able to contact each other? Easy, we will be using Skype to communicate, and will hold weekly meetings every Saturday where we will be discussing our individual progress. Meeting is mandatory and if you have more than 3 unexcused missed meetings, the group will decide if you will be kicked out of the group or not.

Drop-box will be used be used to save and store character files, background files, musical mp3s and more.

Payment/Compensation
The hardest part :P
Now then, if you have gotten this far you either really enjoy my writing, or you are really interested in joining. Now, before we begin to talk about money, let's get some really essential things out of the way! As soon as you join, you will be e-mailed a contract that you must read and agree to, this will explain what is expected of you, how you will be compensated, and when you will be compensated! This is considered your digital signature and your consent to be part of this group.

The finished game will be on sale on Steam, and will also be funded with a Kickstarter. This will then be divided into separate parts and distributed accordingly.

Coder: 10%
Musical Composer: 10%
Writers: 10% each
Character Artist : 10%
CG Artist: 10%
GUI Artist: 10%

Also, as an added bonus, members of this project will be considered #1 in line for any following Valkyre V.N Games that will be made, meaning that if we make anymore games you'll be the first person called!

That's basically it, if you have any question make sure to ask, and if I think of anything else I'll post here. Thank you!

anirhapsodist
Regular
Completed: All For You
Projects: Written in the Sky, Seduce Me: My Princess, Blind Men, Carpe Diem: Reboot, All For You
Organization: Home
Deviantart: anirhapsodist

Re: Arcadia Academy Series ~ MANY Postions open!

#2 Post by anirhapsodist »

Interesting!

PM sent

M4uesviecr
Projects: None, yet!
Soundcloud: jasminecoopermusic

#3 Post by M4uesviecr »

Hey, do you have a website? Any previous games made?

valkyrie28

#4 Post by valkyrie28 »

@anirhapsodist

Thanks for the PM! We're looking at your work, which is really nice I may add, and will get back to you shortly!

@M4uesviecr

Sadly, the answer is no to both of those. That's our biggest problem right now :/

Naustix
Regular
Completed: ACE Academy
Projects: Entangled States, GalaCollider
Organization: Studio Lockheart
Github: naustix

#5 Post by Naustix »

Hey valkyrie,

What is the total development time we're looking at for this? What is the estimated playtime length for the game itself?
Lead Programmer from ACE Academy
Project Lead & Engineer for Entangled States / Founder at Studio Lockheart

valkyrie28

#6 Post by valkyrie28 »

Hey Naustix,

If everything goes according to plan, the first game of the trilogy will have a Summer 2016.

We're aiming for it to be about 10-15 hours, maybe more if everything goes well.

Naustix
Regular
Completed: ACE Academy
Projects: Entangled States, GalaCollider
Organization: Studio Lockheart
Github: naustix

#7 Post by Naustix »

That's a pretty long game then, and a lot of dev time.

What was your plan for the kickstarter? Do you need a programmer before it? Or what was your plan for getting the funding?
Lead Programmer from ACE Academy
Project Lead & Engineer for Entangled States / Founder at Studio Lockheart

Veteran
Completed: Dungeons and Don't Do It, Wake Up
Projects: Lethe
IRC Nick: Pacermist

#8 Post by 78909087 »

Definitely interested in coding. Sent PM.

czxcjx
Regular

#9 Post by czxcjx »

Sounds interesting to write. Sent a PM.

Luna_Fizz

#10 Post by Luna_Fizz »

PM sent! :)

valkyrie28

#11 Post by valkyrie28 »

OK!

After some time, and after replying to various PMs and messages, we have come to agreement with multiple partners!
Here is the updated "Staff Sheet", some character design, and some more plot!

As always, thank you for reading this!

Producer/Leader: Valkyre28 (Me)
Coder: TAKEN
Musical Composer: TAKEN
Writer #1: Open
Writer #2: Open

CG Artist: TAKEN
Character Artist : TAKEN
GUI Artist: Open
Story Plot!
The story begins following after our main character, and protagonist, Cedric Page is expelled from his old school. Following a gang-fight, that Cedric was part of, a student was found dead. All participating delinquents were expelled and sent into police investigation. Acquitted of all charges, Cedric found himself without a school and stuck at home with his emotionally distant father, that did not last long as his father used his vast wealth to pay Cedric’s acceptance into Arcadia Academy. Now beginning his second year again in a “preppy” school he knows nothing about, Cedric must learn to adapt and make friends if he wants to live a happy life for the following three years.
Characters!
Here are the characters, along with some concept sketches.

Cedric Page:
Male - 19 years old - American
Weaknesses: Short tempered, prone to violence, scared of isolation.
Strengths: Caring, outgoing, brave.

Cedric Page was an average student in an average school. Living a troubled childhood, as his parents divorced when he was younger, his Father, a wealthy businessman, received custody of Cedric, while his mother received custody of his younger daughter. Often ignored by his Father, he had to learn how to fend by himself, in school, and out of school. When he was 16 his Mother and younger sister died in a car accident that led his Father into a depression, drinking heavily and emotionally abusing Cedric. Already suffering problems at school due to his status as a “Rich Boy”, he began to flunk classes and started hanging out with a band of delinquents. It is here where he found his unnatural talent for fighting, as he took on many rival gang-members, beating them all. Here he gained the nickname “Grim Reaper”, however, being part of a gang eventually caught up to him. In a large gang fight, one teenager was found dead, and everyone was expelled and sent to court. Acquitted from all charges, Cedric was saved from going to jail, but he now found himself without a school, at home, with an abusive father. Hearing about Arcadia Academy, Cedric’s father used his money and influence to admit Cedric into the Academy, where he’ll be living for 3 years. Now, it is time for him to get adjusted to this new life.

Rodrick Peters
Male - 20 - African-American
Weaknesses: Lazy, recklessly impulsive, forgetful.
Strengths: Extremely curious, helpful, fascinated with life.

Rodrick Peters, Cedric’s best friend and helpful guide. Growing up in the same neighborhood as Cedric, they went to the same school, where Rodrick wisely stayed out of any trouble and graduated with good grades. Even though they didn’t really hang out much in school, the guys were always together after school, mostly because Cedric’s father was never really around which led him to explore and wander into Rodrick. Always around to help when needed, he offers helpful advice to Cedric about life in Arcadia Academy, which he knows much about due to it being his third year there. Sometimes though, his passion with helping others leads him to “overdoing” it and doing more harm than good. Nonetheless, he has a heart of gold and will always be there for Cedric, through good times, and bad.

Bridgette Morrow
Female - 19 years old - British
Weaknesses: Suffers from anxiety, arrogant, overly-dramatic.
Strengths: Professional, influential, collective.

The daughter of a high-ranking politician, Bridgette was expected to accomplish many great things, even as a child. Consitantly in the top ranking percentiles in her academics, she is viewed as a genius. However, instead of praising her for her accomplishments, her political family put her on a pedestal, expecting more, and more, and more from her. All of this stress eventually took it’s toll on her body, as she now suffers from anxiety, although she does take pills to control herself. Naturally, she was admitted to Arcadia Academy to continue her education, where again she proved to be one of the top ranking students. At the beginning of her second year she managed to win office as the President of the Student Council, where she began to oversee Arcadia Academy.

Victoria Qiáo
Female - 19 years old - Chinese
Weaknesses: Rebellious, shy, self-centered.
Strengths: Creative, artistic, expressive.

Victoria Qiáo, the Chinese artistic protege of Arcadia Academy. Born the daughter of two Chinese immigrants, she discovered her passion for art at a young age. Along with her artistic personality one could also find a rebellious personality, where Victoria truly expressed herself. Accepted into Arcadia Academy due to her natural talent, she found herself lucky as her family would have never been able to afford the tuition fees. Despite the fact that her art is now being internationally recognized, she despises the pressure that comes with the fame, the only reason she began to paint was the express her feelings, not to make money. She is here to enjoy her time at the Academy and to paint. She takes great pride in her Chinese ancestry, wearing all types of Chinese inspired accessories with her standard school uniform.

Elena Catano
Female - 18 years old - Italian
Weaknesses: Cocky, emotionally fragile, doubtful.
Strengths: Athletic, good cook, motherly.

Elena Cateno, the third potential love interest of Cedric. Elena is an Italian born transfer student, she transferring into Arcadia Academy in the first year. Quick to adapt, she learned the English language quickly, although her accent is quite noticeable. She is part of the female football (soccer) team, as such is found usually in the pitch, training. She is friends and roommates with Victoria, and they are sometimes seen hanging out together around campus. Growing up in Italy, she learned to cook at a very young age, and has a passion for cooking food. When she was younger her father was part of the Italian military where he was killed in action. Growing up in a moderate house with her mother and younger siblings she developed a caring, motherly personality. She was accepted into Arcadia Academy as an average student, although she is good athlete.

Writingprobably
Completed: Read Only Memories

#12 Post by Writingprobably »

Possibly interested in writing. Sending you a PM.