Hey everyone!~ Sorry for the long hiatus
Good news is I'm in the middle of organizing, re-writing and elaborating on my original script~
The new script will be much longer and detailed than the original, with exponentially more scenes.
For example, I'm about 50% done with Haru's Day 1 route, and there's a whooping total of 5000 words (including answers to the many, many choices).
Because the word count increases exponentially with every choice, the actual number of words in that playthrough is much less than the total number of words.
I have a couple of quick questions for everyone, especially those that played the demo:
1) Would you prefer if the butlers kept their school outfits like in the 2015 version, or if they wore traditional butler outfits instead (think Kuroshitsuji)?
2) How much "adult content" player choice options would you be comfortable with seeing in the game? Answer yes/no to the following:
(Note that these are all optional and the player does not have to engage if they do not want to)
- Suggestive 18+ jokes and banter?
e.g. "Why don't you meet me tonight and find out?"
- Implied and/or actual lovemaking scenes?
(The original only went as far as a kiss and nothing more, I may... or may not change that)
3) If there was an option to pick between an 'all ages' version and a '15+' version of Café Mysteria, which would you play?
- All ages: No suggestive banter, all difficult themes will be kept to a minimum and glossed over, cute and fluffy will be more of the focus. Any morally questionable choices will not be present as an option.
- 15+: Suggestive banter is optional, difficult themes will be explored in greater detail with the player being able to offer a huge variety of advise to the butler, including some morally questionable ones, may have implied lovemaking scenes, any detailed lovemaking scenes if present may be switched on/off.
[Contains minor spoilers below:]
In the 2015 completed version, there were probably only one or two mild implied jokes (e.g. like calling Zhang Tian a pervert due to a certain misunderstanding), and mentions of
suicide, death and murder
told in the form of a children's story.
In the 2021 version, there is a brand-new stat system that includes an innocent-flirty scale. Based on choices that you made earlier in the game, your ability to make the first move on your beloved butler may be very few, or many. As part of this innocent-flirty mechanic, some of the options include flirting with them by saying suggestive things (e.g. Were you planning on doing that
The original 'depressing' arc in the 2015 version will also be expanded in the 2021, giving more details about the butler's feelings on said topics and addressing their complicated feelings, grief and anger. The children's story will still remain, but with certain graphic details about
bullying, massacres, suicide and mental illnesses
may be included (trigger warnings will be added as necessary). The player's options to respond to the butler's complicated feelings will also contain some morally questionable answers, both as a way to give the player freedom of choice and a way to be realistic with answers that people may actually often give in real life when faced with that scenario.
Similar to the original, there will also be a happy slice-of-life route available, with more scenes and options than before.
Thanks for taking your time to read this! Your answers will be very helpful in shaping what the final result will be.