Seiyuu Danshi [18+ / BxB / Kickstarter-funded dating sim]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
meyaoi
Regular
Tumblr: meyaoigames
Deviantart: meyaoi

Seiyuu Danshi [18+ / BxB / Kickstarter-funded dating sim]

#1 Post by meyaoi »

What is Seiyuu Danshi?
Seiyuu Danshi is a Japanese-style Visual Novel / Dating sim centering around life as a voice actor. In this game, you'll play as a newbie voice actor who strives to win for the year-end Seiyuu Award. On his way to reach his goal, though, he will still live his daily life and YOU get to make the choices on how he should spend his days!

The game is highly interactive and there's no usual restriction in plot that you get in ordinary VNs. If you don't feel like working, feel free to slack. If you feel like being single for the rest of your life, yes it can be done! Just keep in mind that ALL your actions matter and will decide how the game ends!

An informative video depicting Seiyuu Danshi:

You can try out the new demo now! Download link can be found on our itch.io page: https://meyaoi.itch.io/seiyuudanshi
It's below on the bottom of the page, so you need to scroll a lot =D

DEMO DOWNLOAD
The new demo contains SIX weeks of in-game time (up to 15th February), and you can see most of the features that you can see in final release, with the only exception being foreplay mode. You can finally experience the interactive maps first-hand, talk to NPCs to take quests, experience new audition mechanism, purchase underwears, decorate your room, see brand new character graphics with changing clothes, and lots of other features that we've now implemented!

For the full game, you can play as the main character for around 1 year game time. There are 5 love interests + 2 secret characters that are woo-able <3

STORY
You'll play as a newbie voice actor who's on the verge of being kicked out from his agency. Going back home is not an option, and thus begin his journey to become a good-enough-voice-actor-to-not-get-kicked-out-of-the-agency! Join his journey and woo some guys on the way!

CHARACTERS

FEATURES

Interested to support game development of Seiyuu Danshi financially? We now have a Patreon page up (patreon.com/meyaoigames)! Funds from Patreon will mostly be used to fund additional R-18 CGs. To reward your support, patrons will get exclusive game updates / WIP of our artwork / let's play footage for scenes that aren't released yet in public demo =)

If you enjoy the demo, please consider supporting! ^^
Last edited by meyaoi on Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:17 am, edited 8 times in total.

Veteran
Completed: Dungeons and Don't Do It, Wake Up
Projects: Lethe
IRC Nick: Pacermist

Re: SEIYUU DANSHI ( 18+ YAOI/ BL DATING SIM GAME in develop

#2 Post by 78909087 »

Excuse my loose formatting but I answered your questions.
This is actually very interesting. It sounds rude but it's been a while.
For starters- the art seems cute, rather bishounen.
Reversible roles and foreplay mode seem actually, very interesting. I can't count on all my fingers and toes how often I think 'that's impossible' about manga or games that just jump into sex. I've played one other game that used a dress up function, and it added another layer to it, so I have to give you points for that. Also- the wallpaper function is rather original- I've never seen anyone else apply something like that to a personal item.
The characters I like the most would simply by their appearance would have to be Ryotaro or Hikaru. Small character sheets might be helpful for other people to learn more about characters.

I wish you luck in your endeavours!
I am not friends with the sun.

Chibi Subaru
Regular
Projects: A Very Important Date
Organization: Naïve Sprites
Tumblr: naivesprites
Deviantart: naivesprites
itch: naivesprites

#3 Post by Chibi Subaru »

I love reading yaoi manga and I'm sad with the lack of yaoi/BL games in the English market, so I'm happy to see this.

What do you think of this game?
I'm not usually big on "trying to get famous" storylines or similar things to that, but the idea that the lead character's a runaway and that going home isn't a choice interests me. I'm wondering if he ran away because his parents weren't okay with his job choice or was there a different reason.

Which features do you like the most? Why?
The reversible roles interests me a lot and that you can change this during the game because it would be nice if the lead character takes charge sometimes. The foreplay option is a nice touch as some people might like this while others don't, it's not forced upon people. I personally probably won't play this option, but it's nice to know it's there if I become adventurous.

Which guy interests you the most? Again, why?
Based on looks alone, Toru and Shuu interest me the most, but this could change once I learn their personalities. I hope we learn this soon.

tamacitas
Regular

#4 Post by tamacitas »

VOOLALA! this. is. HOT.
+ IT'S ABOUT SEIYUU! Aaaa! I really like when things are linked to voice acting!!!

I will be very, very interested in voice actor job system if this game is fully voiced.
I mean, I can imagine the sound of seiyuu moaning and 'enjoying until the last of it ', but it'll be very hard for me to do this from time to time.

Based on looks (+ personality), I still prefer Shiba and Hikaru. Damn, Shiba can be my seme, Hikaru be my uke. PERFECT //what
But if we're talking about seiyuu, the one which is most appealing is the voice since I'm one damn voice lover.

Eh, since this game is titled 'Seiyuu Danshi', the 'Danshi' is available, but if the 'Seiyuu' isn't..
It'll be... kinda ironic to me. Well, yes, just looking at the pictures and the features alone, I simply can imagine the size of the file minus the voice. But I hope that the feature of voicing will be implemented, because I have a feeling that this game doesn't have that feature, or the author doesn't want to spoil things too much all over again o3o
Well, I'm really interested in this game, tho!

And PLEASE post the personalities of the characters here. I saw the chara's personality info in your website, but at least you can link it here o3o
Last edited by tamacitas on Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kikaharu
Regular

#5 Post by Kikaharu »

I quite like the idea. I love a lot of different games and yaoi is one of them :)

Well two actually which are the Reversible Roles and the Foreplay Mode. Just because haven't really seen games with that. Usually the role is set and tend to not have an actual foreplay mode; sometimes they have some foreplay in it and sometimes none.

Toshiyuki and Hikaru actually. Not really anything specific about them. Just their looks make me interested in them but I think it will depend on personality for who I would want to go after the most.

A question of my own: Is the game going to be Free or Commercial?
I know it's in development but you didn't say anything about if you were thinking about the game being commercial or free so it made me curious.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by gekiganwing »

When I looked through the character list, I saw that the main character is labeled with "???? It's You!" It sounds like your goal is to help the reader / player see themselves in the role of this guy. In my opinion, this is a decent way to write a story. I don't think it's either good or bad. That said, consider the following:

* How many fans of BL stories want to identify with the main character, and imagine that they are him? I ask this because I don't have an answer for this question.
* Do you want to portray the main character as a blank slate? Do you want to define his attributes through actions or statistics?
* Do you believe that you might benefit by portraying him as a distinct individual with a clearly defined personality?
* Have you played several romance games that feature stat building and schedule management? If so, what did you like and dislike about them?
* Likewise, do you want to model your game after one or more specific complex romance games? Are there any gameplay mechanics in romance games that you enjoy, and that you might consider adapting in your game?

Ollie
Projects: nothing bc i procrastinate

#7 Post by Ollie »

I think the idea seems pretty comical (which is a plus, I love comedy) and lighthearted. I'm kind of curious to know why the MC's a runaway and why he's on the verge of legit being kicked out of his agency and left to fend for himself at the side of the road like a hobo adiossss (ok so im exaggerating, shrug).

I suppose, the Reversible Role because that's always pretty fucking cool. Usually, I'd boldly classify myself as a top because hell yes; albeit, I'd let Shuu top me any day. So, yep. It's really neat!:-) Uhm, I also like the idea of a Dress Up Scene and Wallpaper System 'cause both are super adorable.

Hmm, you've not provided proper personality descriptions (or character descriptions, in general), so I'm going to have to base this on looks. Initially, I was like: WOW, I WANT THAT GUY WITH THE ALMOST-AKISE-ARU PINK HAIR. Then, I ultimately realised: Crap, that's me ;w;. Personally, Hikaru and Shuu make me fangirl.

To wrap it up, I like how the game seems so far and the art is quite nice. I agree with kyakyu that it would be nice for the game to have voice acting, given the fact that this revolves around voice actors and, c'mon, it's just sitting there in the title. However, in all honesty, I really couldn't care less if it had voice acting or not, it just seems like a rather decent idea, but not vital:-). Also, as Kikaharu has asked, shall this be free or commercial? That would be nice, if it were stated. Anyway, I wish this project the best of luck and thank you for creating this! I hope that it will actually be completed, though I won't have my expectations high (as expectations are the root of all disappointment). But, seriously, good luck and I hope everything goes according to plan:-).
I may or may not be a full-blown, absolute dork.

meyaoi
Regular

Re: Seiyuu Danshi (18+ Yaoi / BL Dating Sim Game in developm

#8 Post by meyaoi »

Thank you guys for the responses!
We definitely want to have voice acting in some point or another (since it IS about voice actors, after all), but that's gonna need some budget, so let's just hope that we will be able to afford it xD

For now, the game will definitely be commercial, or at least kick-started to gain fund.

So sorry for the lack of responses ;_;

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#9 Post by runeraccoon »

A MILLION TIMES YES.

This is the kind of game I have been looking for lmfao. I like the fact that it's dating sims instead of visual novel. Reversible roles amd foreplay? Amazing! Actually every feature is. Argh!

If there is voice acting, somehow I want it to be Japanese instead of English. It just fits the names and setting. Before you look for paid roles, there are excellent hobbyists ousettint who will be delighted to join I guess. Look in the japanese voicr acting forums... Or if you can do japanese, koebu is an excellent source~ maybe you can pay them based on percentage if you do make this game available through kickstarter.

The art, anime is my dirty pleasure. So I definitely think this is one of the most commercial looking art in this forum. If this becomes commercial, I'll probably be a little sad though ; w ;

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#10 Post by sakurakimuchi »

I don't usually go for japanese yaoi games because of like, a million reasons such as rape, the player character is always some fragile boy with a meek, plain personality, and so on. But damn! I loved all the features, so yeah, bring it on I say! :D

I loved all the interesting stuff that'll be able to do, like the job options, wardrobe stuff and even the wallpaper thing is really nice. But maybe what I liked the most is that we can choose between top or bottom, which is a brilliant idea and you're an amazing person with an amazing brain, okay? Anyways, love the art as well, so I wish you nothing but all the best of luck with this!

Loved the idea! I'll definitely play this when it comes out.
Like I said earlier I liked all of them, but choosing between top or bottom is my fav.
It's hard to say but based just on looks it's probably either Shuu or Shiba.

saruri
Regular

#11 Post by saruri »

DAMN IMPRESSIVE!!! This game is too good to be true!!!!!! So very looking forward to it!!!!!

Err, could I say that I like all? Umm...if I really have to choose one, then I guess it'll be "FOREPLAY MODE" - as it's very sweet!!!!!! >///<~

Both Toshiyuki & Shuu!!! Because they are my preferable seme types for protagonist uke!!!!!! >///<~

P.S. I feel that the eyes' blinking animation of characters is too fast, better make it slow down a bit to look natural desu yo, ^ ^.

meyaoi
Regular

#12 Post by meyaoi »

@saruri: Ah, yeah! I notice that, too!
Don't worry though, the blinking animation will be better inside the actual game xD The animation above was just for the GIF lol.

@all: Thanks for the responses, they mean a lot to me!
(Sorry for late respond, I didn't get notification when someone posts in this thread ^^;)

meyaoi
Regular

#13 Post by meyaoi »

Sneak peek of the GUI screen!
As you can see in the video, most of the main screens are all already implemented and running: the save/load screen, main textbox screen, message screen, and lastly the job picking screen. Phew, it was a tough job since I re-designed all of the main screens to match the game better xDThe coding for the pref screen & dating sim is currently under the way, and will be posted here

meyaoi
Regular

#14 Post by meyaoi »

Game Development #2- Dress Up System)

New development video added! Sorry for lack of updates recently, been busy with things :/

Anyway, in this video, you can see how the dress up system will look like. I’ve added more than 300 clothing pieces, including head, bottom, top, and accessories, inside the game!

That’s just for sporty, casual, and funky styles. There are two more styles to be added: preppy and elegant, so in all the clothing pieces shouldn’t be less than 500! *_*

meyaoi
Regular

#15 Post by meyaoi »

Game Development #3- Navigation Map)

Hey guys, here’s a new update about the navigation screen. This is how you will walk around the town :)

The game is designed to have a time system, which have 7 days a week and 3 time periods: morning, afternoon, night, each day. Morning period is spent practicing in VA school, and you can have free time in the rest of the period. During free time, you can do lots of things, starting from visiting the love interests, taking on part-time jobs, go to stores to shop for things, and more! Each guy has a schedule of his own, so you might not be able to visit the same guy everyday.

That’s basically all the info about exploring the town. Next, I’ll post a mock-up about the dating system part (when you go on a date with the guy) that I’m currently designing (might not be that soon, though, since final assignments and final exams are waiting for me :/)