A Simple Act [VN] [Friendship, Tragedy] [1/26/16]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Re: A Simple Act [VN] [Friendship; Tragedy] [4/17/15]

#16 Post by Hazel-Bun »

@DangKem Thank you so much!

I've been busy over the last couple of weeks, but this project isn't abandoned! Mike has posted a small snippet of the opening theme on soundcloud here. The entire OST will be available without charge once it's all complete he's said.

True has now lined all of the sprites, and I'll work on adding the expressions in my spare time, along with coloring.

Once I'm off my break from gamedev, I'll be putting in the GUI, as well as work towards the demo which will comprise of most of the original script and a little extra. For now, please keep a look out for updates.

Also, quick question, would a tumblr based development blog be of any interest? I am going to be making the main tumblr more professional, so no personal reblogs will be on it. With that in mind, I will make official posts for ASA there. But, if a separate blog would be helpful, let me know.
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: A Simple Act [VN] [Friendship; Tragedy] [4/17/15]

#17 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Just a little update!
- Demo BGs done and animated (thanks Brad <3)!
- Sprite art to follow
- Editing on the existing demo script underway
- Some images of the in-game old and new demo art
- Mike is almost finished with the OST/original sfx's
- I've added in the new intro for CScribes w/ the voice over
Attachments
screenshot0073.png
screenshot0072.png
screenshot0071.png
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: A Simple Act [VN] [Friendship, Tragedy] [12/10/15]

#18 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Mike has finished up all the audio! Check out the theme song "Still Water" here. Also, find samples of the animated BGs in action here and here, and the new jingle here as well!

That was a lot of "here" in a row haha
Attachments
screenshot0079.png
screenshot0083.png

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: A Simple Act [VN] [Friendship, Tragedy] [1/26/16]

#19 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Happy Happy New Year :D Hope your holidays were festive. Just a quick little update to say I'll be starting on the revision process soon for the script. I'm using draw.io to map out the routes as some of the ideas I've had for the original story has shifted a bit.

I'm hoping to either hire or do the base CG art myself, and have True line them up in the next couple of months. I plan to have ASA out by the end of next year with a $5.99-$9.99 price tag, and free copy for beta testers once I recruit them.

Still unsure about voice acting, and especially script translation (most likely in Spanish) but, that's on the table for now. I don't believe it'll be an overly long story but, I hope the feature I plan to add in (the ability to change Elli's* past leading up to her encounter with Lily Moon) will lead to high replay-ability.

That's all for now!
Attachments
Elvis test image set
Elvis test image set