Princesses's Maid [Yuri Jam]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
tokya2502
Regular
Completed: Princesses's Maid
Projects: Princess's pet, PUGATE
Organization: Toki Production
Tumblr: toki-aah
Deviantart: tokya2502

Princesses's Maid [Yuri Jam]

#1 Post by tokya2502 »

Synopsis: The twin princesses are going to get married to people they don't even know in 13 days for the sake of their kingdom. What can their childhood friend, a mere powerless maid do?

Download link: itch.io
(Princesses's Maid is available for Window, Mac, linux and Android)
Hello! Toki's here! I made a short VN with dating sim element for the Yuri Game Jam and it's about 11.6k words with 3 routes (and 1 bad ending)
I hope you'll enjoy it.
If you like this game, check Princess's Pet demo out! It's my longer running project.
Check my itch.io page out!

Keryee
Regular

Re: Princesses's Maid [Yuri Jam]

#2 Post by Keryee »

This is an adorable game. It was a pretty fun play... although the special ending
caught me off guard a little! A demon queen, huh?
I think what stood out to me most in this game was the art. Toki, I can't get over how beautiful your art is! I really admire people who can draw people who look very mature, and your coloring especially is lovely.

Thank you for sharing! :)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#3 Post by PyTom »

I think you may have uploaded the wrong .apk. You want the -release.apk file, not -release-unaligned.apk.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

tokya2502
Regular

#4 Post by tokya2502 »

Keryee wrote:This is an adorable game. It was a pretty fun play... although the special ending
caught me off guard a little! A demon queen, huh?
I think what stood out to me most in this game was the art. Toki, I can't get over how beautiful your art is! I really admire people who can draw people who look very mature, and your coloring especially is lovely.

Thank you for sharing! :)
I'm glad you like the art! Thank you very much for the comment!!! It really made my day~~
PyTom wrote:I think you may have uploaded the wrong .apk. You want the -release.apk file, not -release-unaligned.apk.
Shoot! I'm dumb! Thank you Pytom! I've already fixed it!

Skarn
Regular

#5 Post by Skarn »

Played it.

The art is quite beautiful, be it the standard sprites, the chibis or the GUI.

I appreciated the story at a whole, but felt it was really short (the jam effect?), with some points rushed like:
The second dress made by our sister turning out to be of no real importance (no associate ending... or did I miss something?), or generally the slightly unbelievable ways the heroin is able to elope with a princess so easily.
I'm usually a fan of simulation games, but I just didn't understand what the statistics were used for in this particular game. Did not prevent me from reaching the four different ends (2+1 special+1 bad) without any difficulty however.

Overall, a pleasant moment, ephemeral yet enjoyable.

tokya2502
Regular

#6 Post by tokya2502 »

Skarn wrote:Played it.

The art is quite beautiful, be it the standard sprites, the chibis or the GUI.

I appreciated the story at a whole, but felt it was really short (the jam effect?), with some points rushed like:
The second dress made by our sister turning out to be of no real importance (no associate ending... or did I miss something?), or generally the slightly unbelievable ways the heroin is able to elope with a princess so easily.
I'm usually a fan of simulation games, but I just didn't understand what the statistics were used for in this particular game. Did not prevent me from reaching the four different ends (2+1 special+1 bad) without any difficulty however.

Overall, a pleasant moment, ephemeral yet enjoyable.
Thank you for the feedbacks! Yeah, I have to agree that my game suffers a lot from the jam effect. I had many other plans for the game but unfortunately I had to cut them short because I ran out of time and lack the skills needed for such tasks.
Now for the spoiler bit:
Olivia used to have her own route but due to time constrain, I had to leave it as a side route instead and if you pay attention, it's a requirement for the special ending. After Olivia made both princesses happy by giving the one MC didn't choose a dress, MC realized she wanted to make both princess happy too, not just one, unlike what she did at the beginning of the game. That marks the start of her transformation.
About the statistics and dating sim elements, I use it as a mean to tell the story, not to challenge the players's managing skill like other simulation games. The real reason is I'm quite new to the whole DSE thing and I want to get the feel of what it's like before using it in my future projects. You can think of this game as my guinea pig.

Anyway, thanks for the comment. It's really helpful for me to use in the future! Have a nice day~

minase
Tumblr: keiminase

#7 Post by minase »

The art was really beautiful! The design overall was very elegant and suitable for the story it told. I fell for Martha right when she showed up, to be honest.

The writing... while it didn't take away from the game experience (maybe that speaks well for the art, GUI, and music!) it was pretty... unpolished? There were grammar issues, typos, and strange uses of punctuation. It would make your game nearly flawless if you had one or two people edit the writing to make it a little smoother.

I'm new to stat-raising games, so it might just be on me, but I found it extremely difficult to reach the thresholds the game wanted me to reach. I wound up getting the bad end 5 times before I finally got something else. I'd save, test the results, and reload if necessary for every day of the game after my first playthrough, and even then it took me 5 more tries to pull it off, haha.
The special playthrough that's unlocked after you get a better ending made it so much easier to get Tatiana's end next, so thank you for that feature!
I really enjoyed the characters. The princesses were well-rounded and interesting women for such a short game, and Epponnie was a cool protagonist. It seemed like Olivia would have been better suited for the protagonist role, but I'm glad Epponnie is. In the end, I can't even really say which princess I liked better!
The end where you can be with both is a nice resolution for my conflicting feelings.
Thank you for this short but lovely experience!
In the end, I'm really glad they could elope, rather than carry on their affair while the princess is married. It makes girls loving girls feel much more valid and important, so thank you again!

tokya2502
Regular

#8 Post by tokya2502 »

minase wrote:The art was really beautiful! The design overall was very elegant and suitable for the story it told. I fell for Martha right when she showed up, to be honest.

The writing... while it didn't take away from the game experience (maybe that speaks well for the art, GUI, and music!) it was pretty... unpolished? There were grammar issues, typos, and strange uses of punctuation. It would make your game nearly flawless if you had one or two people edit the writing to make it a little smoother.

I'm new to stat-raising games, so it might just be on me, but I found it extremely difficult to reach the thresholds the game wanted me to reach. I wound up getting the bad end 5 times before I finally got something else. I'd save, test the results, and reload if necessary for every day of the game after my first playthrough, and even then it took me 5 more tries to pull it off, haha.
The special playthrough that's unlocked after you get a better ending made it so much easier to get Tatiana's end next, so thank you for that feature!
I really enjoyed the characters. The princesses were well-rounded and interesting women for such a short game, and Epponnie was a cool protagonist. It seemed like Olivia would have been better suited for the protagonist role, but I'm glad Epponnie is. In the end, I can't even really say which princess I liked better!
The end where you can be with both is a nice resolution for my conflicting feelings.
Thank you for this short but lovely experience!
In the end, I'm really glad they could elope, rather than carry on their affair while the princess is married. It makes girls loving girls feel much more valid and important, so thank you again!
Thank you for the comment!
Yeah, about the game's "unpolished-ness", I tried to get one of my friend who's a native English speaker to edit/proofread the game for me
(since I'm not one)
but he was too busy so we didn't make it before the deadline. I'm sincerely sorry about that. I'm glad to hear it didn't meddle too much with the game experience though.
As for the stat raiser element, I'm a newcomer to the whole thing too. The trick is, during the first runs in any dating sim/visual novel, you should focus only on one stat/person if you want to get said person's ending. But I guess that's just me since quite a few have reported to me about their inability to get the good endings. I'm sorry about that too.
Thank you again for the feedback. It'll help me a lot in improving myself for my future projects. Hope you have a sweet day :3

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#9 Post by TsukiShima »

Hello! I finished this game yesterday, and I thought of leaving my feedback.

First of all, kudos for making this short and simple game! I can easily say I love it. The art is what attracted me the most, especially the simplicity of the art during the no special event scene. The animations are quite good, and I'm a very big fan of the GUI for this game.

The story itself was quite straightforward which is understandable for a short game. It's wonderful because it doesn't confuse me as the player. I got the bad ending the first time around because
I let the stress meter full, since I was curious too. But I also thought it might be because I did not concentrate on only one sister.
I understood the simple mechanics on my second round. But
the special route where it revealed who the main character actually was, to me, was too... sudden? There was no hint at all that fantasy or special forces might be involved, which made me rather surprised with the twist. I won't say I don't like it, but I'm not fond of it either. It was too sudden for a game I thought was normal.
The music were put in their suitable place, so that's another good point!

All in all, it was a nice game. :D Good luck for your next one!

tokya2502
Regular

#10 Post by tokya2502 »

TsukiShima wrote:Hello! I finished this game yesterday, and I thought of leaving my feedback.

First of all, kudos for making this short and simple game! I can easily say I love it. The art is what attracted me the most, especially the simplicity of the art during the no special event scene. The animations are quite good, and I'm a very big fan of the GUI for this game.

The story itself was quite straightforward which is understandable for a short game. It's wonderful because it doesn't confuse me as the player. I got the bad ending the first time around because
I let the stress meter full, since I was curious too. But I also thought it might be because I did not concentrate on only one sister.
I understood the simple mechanics on my second round. But
the special route where it revealed who the main character actually was, to me, was too... sudden? There was no hint at all that fantasy or special forces might be involved, which made me rather surprised with the twist. I won't say I don't like it, but I'm not fond of it either. It was too sudden for a game I thought was normal.
The music were put in their suitable place, so that's another good point!

All in all, it was a nice game. :D Good luck for your next one!
Thank you so much for the comment! I'm really happy to hear your thoughts about Princesses's maid. And sorry for the late reply. I was so busy it flew right over my head OTL.
Yeah, the special end was something I threw in at the last minute for fun. It was intended to catch people off guard but I didn't think it'd make you feel off hahaha. Thanks again for the feedbacks, I'll be sure to handle it better in my future games

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#11 Post by MimirollCookie »

When i downloaded the android version at itch.io, it doesn't download :( Why?