Cafe Mysteria(Xmas)(Otome)(New Demo)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

Re: Cafe Mysteria[Otome][GxB][Butler Cafe][10/16/2015]

#31 Post by AsHLeX »

@cath-mg:
Thank you so much for your encouragement! It makes me really happy :)
I'll try not to disappoint!
cath-mg wrote:1. What questions would you like to ask any of the butlers?
To Haru: Would you like to switch headphones with me? (Because I myself take headphones whenever I go) XD
Consider it done :)
cath-mg wrote:2. Where and with which butler would you like to be taken on a date with?
.... All of them? I'd like to go with Haru to the amusement park!
I'll see if I can squeeze that in somewhere ^^ Edit: Done :)
cath-mg wrote:3. What games would you like to play with the butlers? And with whom?
Pocky game with Haru. I'll have a lot of fun teasing him :lol:
Ah, the pocky game. The epitome of fan service xD
Can't promise that one, due to the fact that I can't draw and that would require some artistic help haha.
But that's the most common suggestion every time I ask my friends what game they would like to play. xD
Probably won't include it, but hey, you never know :)
Last edited by AsHLeX on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
New demo out 24/12/23!!

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory

#32 Post by AsHLeX »

Latest Update!!!

Finished Day 5 and Day 6.

Currently writing day 7.

Note: This stats are only for me, (meaning the writer). I don't currently have the coding stats, as for art, it's quite relative, but shouldn't be a problem. To be honest, we're still trying for Christmas Eve, but that puts a lot of pressure on our programmer and translator. I'm not entirely sure we can make it by then... I feel bad for saying this, but please just don't get your hopes up too much.
New demo out 24/12/23!!

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran

#33 Post by AsHLeX »

Finally!!

Story reached until Day 12 already :D

Here's a little tidbit for you guys!~ <3

This is what happens when you force Zhang Tian to dance.
Poor thing... >w<
Credit to Han Bun :)
Last edited by AsHLeX on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
New demo out 24/12/23!!

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#34 Post by sakurakimuchi »

I'm sure you won't disappoint! I'm already excited for this game, and it might be too early to tell but so far my favorite is Shin!

harajukulolita
Regular
Completed: None so far!
Projects: Currently working on... Starlight Wishes
Tumblr: loli-studio
Deviantart: harajukulolita

#35 Post by harajukulolita »

This seems like it would be adorable once it comes out. Looking forward to it.

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran

#36 Post by AsHLeX »

@ sakurakimuchi:
Thank you so much!~ Shin's route was pretty interesting to write ^_^
I actually finished writing his route already - up until the epilogue. (Might add in a little short extra though xD)
@harajukulolita:
Thank you!! I'm rly happy that you think so :D
(p.s: I really like Kami Element so far! :D)
New demo out 24/12/23!!

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran

#37 Post by AsHLeX »

Finished allocating the music and sound effect and backgrounds and writing the story!! Yay!~
Now currently helping the programmer to code (because there's like 24 pages worth of words in just the front part of day 2 itself) so there's two people working on the coding :D
://cries inwardly at the huge amount of work
Here's some updates!!~
Main menu:
screenshot0001.png
Save/Load screen:
screenshot0002.png
Configurations screen:
screenshot0003.png
:D Look forward to it! (Although why did I have to write so long... ://cries)

Note: If anyone is interested in proofreading just PM/post here. I made a couple of past/present tense errors but I don't have time to go back and look through them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
New demo out 24/12/23!!

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#38 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Sounds like a cute game and the background I can see is very nice.
The characters aren't showing up for me at the moment.
Good luck with it.

cath-mg
Regular
Projects: Ashworth's Last Princess (Resigned), Kokorogawari
Organization: Precatio彡
Tumblr: cath-mg
Github: cath-mg

#39 Post by cath-mg »

Loving the graphics even more! Keep up the good work :D

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran

#40 Post by AsHLeX »

@Lesleigh63: Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement!
I love your art btw. You're on my devianart watchlist!! :D
@cath-mg: Thank you so much for your continuous support! It means a lot to me.

Now, time for updates! I've finished writing the story 100% and am now helping mudora23 with the simpler aspects of programming. (He finished day1, i'm still stuck doing day2) ://why is it so long Q.Q)

And now, a little gift for all your support! :D
(Sorry it's kinda blur, i'm not sure if OBS can increase the video quality)

(Yeah, I know there's an error with the script partway through, my bad)
New demo out 24/12/23!!

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

#41 Post by Windchimes »

The game looks so nice! I'm really excited for its release.

And omg I really love the little animations when you hover/select options on the preferences and the christmas ball decorations. If you don't mind me asking, how did you do it? xD

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran

#42 Post by AsHLeX »

Hey guys!!! Thanks for all your continuous support and compliments so far. We wouldn't have made it this far without you guys :)
Sadly, we have some bad news. With Christmas is just a turn around the corner, sadly we wont be able to make our deadline (Christmas eve). Having rushed two (virtual) days of Cafe Mysteria, we found that there was a lot of mistakes and errors (especially with the programming). Rushing it for Christmas would compromise it's quality... By quite a lot.
Plus, the programmer is having exams at the moment and needs some time off to study.
In the end, we decided to take our time with the rest of the game so that the quality won't be compromised.
Apologies for the bad news, I know that this would definitely disappoint a lot of people.
We'll keep updating regularly (hopefully), so I hope you guys will bear with us.
Again, I am so sorry for this. It will take awhile for us to finish, so I won't promise a new deadline at the moment.
Sorry for disappointing all you guys... It really saddens me that I have to tell you this.
Thank you for understanding :)
New demo out 24/12/23!!

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#43 Post by sakurakimuchi »

Everything is so pretty so far~
And please don't worry, take all the time that you need. :D

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran

#44 Post by AsHLeX »

Hey everyone!~ Sorry for the long hiatus :)
Good news is I'm in the middle of organizing, re-writing and elaborating on my original script~
The new script will be much longer and detailed than the original, with exponentially more scenes.
For example, I'm about 50% done with Haru's Day 1 route, and there's a whooping total of 5000 words (including answers to the many, many choices).
Because the word count increases exponentially with every choice, the actual number of words in that playthrough is much less than the total number of words.

I have a couple of quick questions for everyone, especially those that played the demo:
1) Would you prefer if the butlers kept their school outfits like in the 2015 version, or if they wore traditional butler outfits instead (think Kuroshitsuji)?
2) How much "adult content" player choice options would you be comfortable with seeing in the game? Answer yes/no to the following:
(Note that these are all optional and the player does not have to engage if they do not want to)

- Suggestive 18+ jokes and banter?
e.g. "Why don't you meet me tonight and find out?"
- Implied and/or actual lovemaking scenes?
(The original only went as far as a kiss and nothing more, I may... or may not change that)
3) If there was an option to pick between an 'all ages' version and a '15+' version of Café Mysteria, which would you play?
- All ages: No suggestive banter, all difficult themes will be kept to a minimum and glossed over, cute and fluffy will be more of the focus. Any morally questionable choices will not be present as an option.
- 15+: Suggestive banter is optional, difficult themes will be explored in greater detail with the player being able to offer a huge variety of advise to the butler, including some morally questionable ones, may have implied lovemaking scenes, any detailed lovemaking scenes if present may be switched on/off.

[Contains minor spoilers below:]

In the 2015 completed version, there were probably only one or two mild implied jokes (e.g. like calling Zhang Tian a pervert due to a certain misunderstanding), and mentions of
suicide, death and murder
told in the form of a children's story.

In the 2021 version, there is a brand-new stat system that includes an innocent-flirty scale. Based on choices that you made earlier in the game, your ability to make the first move on your beloved butler may be very few, or many. As part of this innocent-flirty mechanic, some of the options include flirting with them by saying suggestive things (e.g. Were you planning on doing that to me?).

The original 'depressing' arc in the 2015 version will also be expanded in the 2021, giving more details about the butler's feelings on said topics and addressing their complicated feelings, grief and anger. The children's story will still remain, but with certain graphic details about
bullying, massacres, suicide and mental illnesses
may be included (trigger warnings will be added as necessary). The player's options to respond to the butler's complicated feelings will also contain some morally questionable answers, both as a way to give the player freedom of choice and a way to be realistic with answers that people may actually often give in real life when faced with that scenario.

Similar to the original, there will also be a happy slice-of-life route available, with more scenes and options than before.

Thanks for taking your time to read this! Your answers will be very helpful in shaping what the final result will be.
New demo out 24/12/23!!

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Cafe Mysteria[Otome][GxB][Butler Cafe]

#45 Post by AsHLeX »

CHRISTMAS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!!

And with that guys, I have a very exciting announcement to make!! I will be releasing a teaser demo of the new version of Cafe Mysteria on Christmas Eve!!
It's a short 25 minute demo that allows you to play through the first day of the game, with brand new graphics, scripts, and music!
While we wait, here's a little teaser of the main menu to keep you all hyped :D

Cheers,
AshLeX