A Very Important Date [GXB|GxG|BxB][Otome|Slice of Fantasy|Commercial]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Chibi Subaru
Regular
Projects: A Very Important Date
Organization: Naïve Sprites
Tumblr: naivesprites
Deviantart: naivesprites
itch: naivesprites

Re: A Very Important Date [Otome|Slice of Fantasy|Commercial

#16 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Sorry I haven’t been posting in here with updates! We have been working on fixing some things, re-organizing our departments, and trying to fight the never-ending barrage of schoolwork.

Sprites

First off we’d like to announce that our sprites are getting a complete overhaul courtesy of our new sprite artist, darkenmarr! Don’t fret though, just because they’re getting some new looks, their overall design will stay the same. Here’s a little preview of Gwyn and Connor (minus his eyepatch) sketches.
Gwyn
Connor (another employee at the Looking Glass Cafe)

We plan to update the sprites on here one by one as soon as they are completed.

Until we get all the sprites remade in darkenmarr’s style, the asks we do on the tumblr will still be using our old sprites for the sake of continuity.

Other Art

So far, we have 21 background pieces finished with our BG artists currently working on another three backgrounds at the moment. We have all the backgrounds for our demo and most of the backgrounds for the first main story.
Lordless' on the left and Furude's on the right

Because our original GUI concepts shared some similarities with another game that was released, Justin and I are re-sketching our GUI design. We hope to show a mock of this very soon.

Writing

Writing wise, we have one main story completed and another that only needs choice commands and sprite changing notes. We believe that this story is about 90% completed. Justin is currently writing Gwyn’s epilogue while I’m fixing Rory’s main story as I found some issues in the plot.

Programming

Due to some circumstances outside of development, we are still currently in our Prototype stage. We don’t plan to let this affect our schedule of our release for the demo and the game.

Music

The person we’ve been talking to about music samples has been having some issues with ideas for it, so he has dragged a friend into helping him. We are hoping to get some sample work from them at some point. If anyone is interested in doing our music, you can drop us a line since we haven’t locked anyone into this position yet.

Other

We’ve also started a Patreon to help with funding while giving back to our fans. I know that the kickstarter links can’t be posted on the forums unless there’s a demo, so I’m figuring posting Patreon links follows the same rules. If people do want to help us out, please visit our tumblr for the link to our Patreon.

We are also in talks with our new sprite artist to sketch out our asks from our tumblr and loading them up on tapastic. This is still in talks, but it is something we are excited about trying.

Chibi Subaru
Regular

Re: A Very Important Date [Otome|Fantasy|Commercial] - Demo!

#17 Post by Chibi Subaru »

It’s here! It’s here! Our First Very Important Demo is available for download! Again, just as a warning, this demo is very basic, but we wanted to show progress of some of what we have so far. The backgrounds are finalized pieces and the GUI design is finalized for the most part. As we’ve said before, our sprites are being redone, but the overall character design is staying the same. We are still working on the music department, so we apologize for there being no music or sound within this demo. Once we have more finalized, we plan to release another demo, which will feature Gwyn’s and Emil’s first three chapters.

So please enjoy! Any feedback is appreciated.

Here’s the link to the demo (Windows): http://www.mediafire.com/download/t1ngo ... t+Date.rar

Here’s a link to our Patreon, if you would like to support us: https://www.patreon.com/naivesprites

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#18 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Programmer(s) Needed

With the release of our first test demo we find ourselves in desperate need of programmers. We would like to find programmer(s) that can code for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac (for a future Steam release). We have plans for our game to follow the in-app/in-program purchase format and we plan to update the game once a month with new stories after it is released.

Other than the programming needed for the game itself, we would like someone to make a tool for us so we can make the updates ourselves. In doing that, we could update our game ourselves without having to always have to ask a programmer to update it for us.

I would like to mention that our budget is very small, but we are willing to do a profit share with our programmer(s) if your fee is too high for us. We are pretty flexible with our payment plans.

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#19 Post by Chibi Subaru »

It’s the end of 2015. This has been a pretty bumpy year for us here at Naïve Sprites, but we wouldn’t trade it for anything. We would like to thank everyone that has joined us in this crazy ride and those that have supported us in any way. To those that have shared, reblogged, and retweeted any of our posts, we thank you. To anyone that follows us on any form of social media, we thank you. To any one who has messaged us or sent us an ask, we thank you. It encourages us and gives us the strength to continue on this adventure, so thank you, everyone, so very much.

We hope that everyone everywhere has a wonderful New Year!

Now, onto the update.

Demo

First, we would like to thank everyone that has played our demo and left us feedback. We’re looking into suggestions we have received to help make our game better. This feedback showed us one big issue that we had overlooked, the dialogue font, and we will be changing it for any future releases. We are currently looking for a friendlier font to use in our game.

We would love to get some more feedback, so if anyone that has played our first demo wants to let us know what they thought of it, send us a message.

When our next demo is made, we plan to release it on more than one platform.

Again, here’s the link for our demo (Windows only): https://www.patreon.com/posts/very-important-3926249

Programmer

We would also like to thank those that reblogged our Programmer(s) Needed post and everyone who responded wanting to work with us. We would like to announce that our search is now over and we have a new programmer for our game, IchBinJager. We will release new details on what that means for us at Naïve Sprites and A Very Important Date as soon as possible, but we expect only great things.

Backgrounds

At the moment, we currently have 24 backgrounds. Lordless is currently working on our 25th background, while Justin is working on a sketch for furude's next background.

Sprites

On the sprite side of things, Darkenmarr is still hard at work on our sprites, but has been delayed a bit because of life situations and the holidays. We do have a WIP of Gwyn that we can show you. She’s currently working on coloring our top-hatted friend.
So, here ends the first update of 2016. Happy New Year, all you wonderful people!

Chibi Subaru
Regular

Re: A Very Important Date [Otome|Fantasy|Commercial] Demo+Up

#20 Post by Chibi Subaru »

For anyone that is interested, we are live streaming our sprite artist as she's working on Sven. http://www.twitch.tv/naivesprites

fah-renheit
Deviantart: fah-renheit

#21 Post by fah-renheit »

Oh my god XD The Background CG look soo gorgoues!!! So amazing!!!

I hope I can do something like this for my game too!!!

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#22 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Thank you ^_^~! I really love the work our background artists have done and I like working with them a lot.

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#23 Post by MimirollCookie »

Questions:
1. Did the synopsis and summary intrigue you to play A Very Important Date?
2. Do you like the art style?
3. Which of our characters stand out to you?
4. How many CGs do you expect in a 12 chapter story?
5. What is your preferred platform for playing visual novels/otome games?
6. For mobile players: Is $3.99 USD per story an affordable price for your visual novel experience?
7. PC: If this was made into a PC game, how much would you be willing to pay for the game?
8. Other critiques, suggestions, questions?

Answers:
1. Yes! Especially this part.
So mark your calendars, my new friend, you wouldn’t want to be late for this will be [A Very Important Date]!
2.Yep! Like totally!!!
3.Sven Bergstrom! (Especially because of his hobbies and his looks! :D)
4. A 12 chapter story? Hmm..... Let's see.... I expected 100+ CGs! (IDK if that's too many! >.<)
5. Well in Mobile and PC because visual novels should be everywhere you go! While at the PC because of the Big SCREEN! XD
6. I don't know. Because i'm still young for those stuff. (I mean paying. :3)
7. Well my answer is the same as Number 6 :3
8. Nothing just GOOD LUCK :D

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#24 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Sorry for the late response!

That's my favorite part of the synopsis... though I think my very favorite part is watching Justin agonize over writing it.

Currently the art for the characters are being redone by our new sprite artist, but their overall designs will stay the same, but the art style will change some. It'll still have an anime style, but a different version, if that makes sense.

Sven seems to be a popular one. I have nothing against Sven, but I'm surprised by how many people like him. I figured Emil or Gwyn would be the overall favorites based on what I've seen in the mobile otome fanbase, though it does seem like they have their fans, too.

As much as I would LOVE to have 100+ CGs per story... I don't think Darkenmarr would like being overworked like that, lol. Right now we're thinking of doing 4 to 5 CGs per story, but this could change in the future.

I used to be a mobile only otome/visual novel player, but once I got Amnesia for Steam and downloaded some visual novel games for the PC, I do see the appeal to play on the PC.

Thank you for well wishes! ^_^

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#25 Post by Chibi Subaru »

So the crew has been very, very busy trying to get some things done. One of those being our new sprites, of course. We're going to slowly re-introduce our main suitors and our female lead over the next few weeks on all of our social medias and forum posts.

First up are Emil Vasile and Rory MacClelland.

Chibi Subaru
Regular

Re: A Very Important Date [Otome|Fantasy|Commercial] New Spr

#26 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Now re-introducing Harlan Leclair....

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#27 Post by Chibi Subaru »

We're currently livestreaming on our Twitch channel. Our sprite artist is working on our "cover art" illustration. Anyone is welcomed to watch and talk to us in the chatroom.

https://www.twitch.tv/naivesprites

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#28 Post by Chibi Subaru »

A preview from our current live stream on our Twitch channel:

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#29 Post by Chibi Subaru »

This is what we were able to finish tonight on our live stream.

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#30 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Now re-introducing Sven Bergstrom....