Mica: Apoptosis (Horror RPG|Dark|Fantasy) [CHAPTER 3 OUT]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

Re: Mica: Apoptosis (Horror RPG|Dark|Fantasy) [DEMO 1.0]

#76 Post by Coren »

Chapter 3 is now released!

You have the power to split the world into half. You can destroy buildings, overturn mountains…
But you are still powerless against a human.
Even a human who wants to kill you.
Hey, isn’t that ironic? Isn’t that funny?
… Why aren’t you laughing, Mika-chan?

Lenine lives in a huge palace as the most trusted servant of Princess Micaiah, the only place of beauty remaining in a desolate, destroyed ghost city. Everything is perfect – the food is good, the job is good, life is good. As long as nobody leaves this palace of salvation, there is no need to dwell on the horrors that lie beyond these walls.

Until one day, a mysterious stranger arrives… to teach these content souls the true price of perfection.

Mica: Apoptosis is an RPG-style horror game about a web of delusions, a life of blissful ignorance, and the monstrous depravity that human beings can fall to in the name of love and admiration. The gruesome, revolting truth hidden behind the guise of a pretty, charming little lifestyle. Explore the game through three very different main characters with three very different perspectives, and tell your story as you believe it to be.

So powerful, yet so fragile… your life is like a candle, ready to be snuffed between my fingers.
I can slowly strangle you to death, and you can’t even flail to defend yourself.
You’re so funny, Mika-chan.

~~~

Features:

- 3-4 hours of gameplay
- 4 chapters - Prologue, Chapter 1, Chapter 2 and Chapter 3
- Original music
- Original artwork
- I ran all the scenes through a word counter and it’s over the length of a novel already. (50,000 words)
- Several cutscene illustrations
- Plenty of changes to the previous chapters
- and many more!

Warning: This game may contain violent and disturbing content and is not recommended for players under the age of 16.

~~~~

DOWNLOAD HERE

You may use your old savefiles from the demo, but they may lead to bugs. If you find any bugs, contact me at coren.baili@gmail.com, or just pop me a message/ask!

Let’s plays are allowed and very welcome!

PhiSigma

Re: Mica: Apoptosis (Horror RPG|Dark|Fantasy) [CHAPTER 3 OUT

#77 Post by PhiSigma »

I'm not much of an RPG fan, but this sounds really interesting, especially the unreliable narrators. I might let's play it.

Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

#78 Post by Shinoki »

Aaah, it looks so nice. I'm slightly troubled if I should download and play or not--because when I played the demo... aaah, I nearly died because I am really bad with horror even though I do enjoy the genre.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo

#79 Post by Coren »

Thank you guys for the interest! :) Chapter 3 should be significantly less... scary than Chapter 1. Chapter 1 is the only chapter with a particularly scary scene, so hopefully it'll be fine!

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#80 Post by Coren »

Working on chapter 4 now!