█▓▒░ Doki-Doki High School Love Time [NaNoRenO 2015] ░▒▓█

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

█▓▒░ Doki-Doki High School Love Time [NaNoRenO 2015] ░▒▓█

#1 Post by mugenjohncel »

Description:
A short typical Girl follows Boy set in a Typical Japanese high school. Follow Sachika as she attempts to get her feelings across to the boy of her dreams. A Studio Mugenjohncel NaNoRenO 2015 entry

Screenshots
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Note:
Very heavy on animation/pans and audio so might be slow on some machines.

Credits:

Greeny
Story

Pytom
Engine

ComiPO
Sprites

Tam Music / BlueFX
Music / SFX

Uncle Mugen "Mugenjohncel"
Scenario / Script / Graphics / SFX / Voice

Download them here [WIN / MAC / LINUX]
http://mugenjohncel.itch.io/doki-doki-h ... -love-time

Mirror link provided by @lunaen_com from Twitter
http://t.co/4DW4LloIYR

Mirror link provided by @AlexJCox1 from Twitter
http://t.co/YURsXZL4Db

Direct link via Mediafire
http://www.mediafire.com/download/x28ii ... .0-all.zip

It's also available on Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ohncel.com

"POOF" (Disappears)
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Nanashi-san

Re: █▓▒░ Doki-Doki High School Love Time [NaNoRenO 2015] ░▒▓

#2 Post by Nanashi-san »

I will ignore Mugen's instantly recognized thread title stylization by not mentioning it.

I feel approval of the use of ComiPo. To quote an anonymous user, "it looks like shit". While "it [and MMD stuff, e.g.]" does, however, this piece of work stands out by not making his sprites typically static center-of-screen-and-composite-expression. This works well for short pieces like NNRO entries but will fall apart for actual novels. I realize though before I am about to post that he relied some on the Ken Burns effect.

In the end, there is nothing too remarkable about Doki-Doki High School Love Time; we are given an ATL-animated weeb-infused tropey-feeling short comedy packaged together by Mugen's graphics and coding efforts.

Personal time to read: ~8 minutes

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#3 Post by sasquatchii »

Okay, well, my cheeks hurt now. From smiling the entire time that I played this =D

This is a seriously awesome game. I really loved the transitions and how in motion everything was. I was sad that it ended so quickly, but the entire game was silly and fun. You guys did a great job, especially considering how little time you had! :)
ImageImage

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

#4 Post by ebi-hime »

This was so much fun! It was a short story, but there was so much movement! I loved all the panning animations and the sound effects, it was really well put together!
I especially liked the animations when they were playing Battle Royale dodge ball, haha XD All the blood splatters panning across the screen were great.

I don't know how anybody could not enjoy this XD
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#5 Post by Arowana »

Hahaha, that was awesome! Loved, loved, loved all the ATL animations! And I laughed so much at the random sight gags and Uncle Mugen's voice clips. My only complaint is that the narrator or teacher should've been a Mugen self insert. :lol:
The story was actually pretty cute. I kept waiting for some horrible twist at the end, but guess I'm too paranoid lol.
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#6 Post by teacup »

Haha, I loved this :)
Really cute, really simple, and the animations were awesome. That dodge ball scene was such a cool, creative way to use ATL! I'm just glad nothing scary/disturbing happened in the end!

eeveetron
Completed: Eevee and Kyoko, Odd Love Test [30daydev], Deathly Escape [SCREAMWORLD]
Tumblr: eeveetron
Deviantart: eeveetron
itch: eeveetron

#7 Post by eeveetron »

this looks super cute! even though i havent downloaded it, the GUI and the sprites are really well done. very colorful it makes everything look exciting, fun to play, especially the sprites' expressions and poses. the characters just by those pictures seem so real. i can imagine playing it already...!
i also like the logo too, even though i think the title might be long. it's really attractive that i'm sooo close to downloading it already! OH wait a second—*clicks download button*
Games
Visit my Itch.io homepage
Eevee and Kyoko

Other links
Deviantart
Twitter

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#8 Post by Donmai »

Arowana wrote:My only complaint is that the narrator or teacher should've been a Mugen self insert. :lol:
What? :shock: Haven't you noticed the trade mark moustache? :lol:

Congratulations Greeny and Uncle Mugen. Brilliant! Great fun! I'm already looking forward to your NaNoRenO 2016 entry!
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#9 Post by mugenjohncel »

Nanashi-san wrote:I will ignore Mugen's instantly recognized thread title stylization by not mentioning it.
You just did... :mrgreen:
sasquatchii wrote:I was sad that it ended so quickly...
It was supposed to be slightly "longer" since I've inserted a few secret side stories (specifically the Old Teacher's interaction with His problem student Sachika) without the consent of Greeny (the person who wrote the story) but due to time constraints since we entered NaNoRenO pretty late (6 days before deadline) I am forced to stick to the original story line and plan...
eeveetron wrote:i also like the logo too, even though i think the title might be long
Allow me to show you the original planned title for this game... no we are not joking, it was almost released with this title but we decided not to due to potential problems with Google search...
Donmai wrote:What? Haven't you noticed the trade mark moustache?
Err... the Narrator is actually the same guy from the previous NaNoRenO entry...
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 19#p316819

And to everyone who tried our NaNoRenO Entry for 2015 (yes, all 15 of you :mrgreen: ) Thank you and look forward to next year...

"POOF" (Disappears)
I see no one yet has tried and hover their mouse cursor on the constipated heart in the logo...

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#10 Post by potouto »

Pity that old title didn't make it haha (*´∀`*)
I want to try this soon but since I have no computer now I guess I will wait for the Android port!!
Anyway, it look really lovely with your usual sense of humor ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ keep up the good work this year Uncle Mugen!!

yeah well | commission | website

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#11 Post by Donmai »

mugenjohncel wrote:
Donmai wrote:What? Haven't you noticed the trade mark moustache?
Err... the Narrator is actually the same guy from the previous NaNoRenO entry...
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 19#p316819
Yep. I've noticed that, that's why I called it 'trade mark'. Many people saw that face as a Mugen self-reference (see Coreyrn's post on that thread). And I'm happy to see you're now using 'subpixel True' in your ATL animations.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#12 Post by Greeny »

Aw, awesome! I really LOVE what you've done with it.

If you need a writer for next year's, drop me a line!
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#13 Post by Godline »

I thought Hammer was fascinating for your entry last year but then it just kind of... ended abruptly and I was like 'ooookay'. Which was too bad because it was a moral dilemma that really could have been explored. :(

But this year you made up for it. The script was simple but well executed! It was hilarious in parts, especially all the nuances in
the dodgeball scene

I think the old title 'Please Insert Title Here' would have really worked. ;) Yeah, maybe not.

You also left it open ended so you COULD (if so tempted) develop this more. I'd hope you'd be tempted. It could be fantastic.

yuucie
Regular
Completed: NaNoReNo[2015] Those Without Names
Tumblr: an-na-ko

#14 Post by yuucie »

I enjoyed your game! Yes there were obvious tropes you played on, but if your goal was to make something light-hearted, fun and make people smile, you've succeeded. Your programming skills are amazing. I found myself with a much-needed spirit boost, and it ended with me feeling better than when I first started. I don't know why, but the sound effects of her going "I'm an idiot! :P" made me laugh.

Thanks for making this, and in such a short time!

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#15 Post by mugenjohncel »

promo.jpg
Update: Doki Doki High School Love Time is now available on Google Playstore for your reading pleasure :D
Even better, it's optimized so it should run even on low spec'd Android devices even when heavy on ATL stuff flying around the screen... also corrected some spelling errors while I'm at it :mrgreen:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ohncel.com
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 28#p365928

"POOF" (Disappears) No not today, I got BG's to do for Bunbun...