[closed] Looking for character & CG artist [closed]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Jyuuguchi

[closed] Looking for character & CG artist [closed]

#1 Post by Jyuuguchi »

closed
Last edited by Jyuuguchi on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jyuuguchi

Re: Looking for character & CG artist

#2 Post by Jyuuguchi »

Update:

For those who have emailed regarding commission work, I emphasize that this is NOT commission work.

If you do not agree with or do not understand the role of a character artist, please refrain from emailing me. All members of our team are committed and agreeable to how things are like for the workflow.

I am the director for the creative division, and also the writer, so it puts me in the best position to help the character artist realise the vision of the game.

Again, otome game fan is preferred for an artist because you will be able to better understand what we are looking for.

Jiro Horikoshi
Regular

#3 Post by Jiro Horikoshi »

The role of a character artist has nothing to do with whether this work is a commission or not. In other words, even if they emailed you with commission inquiries, you have no right to claim that those individuals are unaware of the responsibilities entailing that of a character artist.

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#4 Post by Elze »

Agreed. That sounds rather rude.

Also, I'm not surprised that people thought this was a paid position. After all, you're looking for someone to draw exactly according to what you have in mind, and your previous artist left because there was no artistic freedom. If you're going to be so specific then don't expect free labour, just pay for the work.

Jyuuguchi

Re: [closed] Looking for character & CG artist [closed]

#5 Post by Jyuuguchi »

Artist found! Position closed.