HARUMAN 하루만 [Free][PC/Android][GxB][Friendship]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ppppantsu
Veteran
Completed: Haruman, DMMd Fan VN, Fetish 1.0, Fetish: ESC, Colors~AU~, Fetish: Wanted, Incolore
itch: soraille

HARUMAN 하루만 [Free][PC/Android][GxB][Friendship]

#1 Post by ppppantsu »

UPDATES
- APK file (for Android) is uploaded on Itch.io. You can now play Haruman in your Android devices!
- New desktop game file (1.2) uploaded. Minor changes were done. Finally has a proper .exe icon.
- Mediafire download is now available.

PLOT
Set in modern day South Korea,
you'll be playing as a stylist who's running late for a very important event
and gets to spend a day with a member of a rookie idol group, called QUAR'X!

This visual novel is loosely inspired on Bangtan Sonyeondan (방탄소년단)'s song, "Just One Day" (하루만, "Haruman").

CHARACTERS
*Note: This is a project made for practice (and fun) from drawing sprites to coding.
It has no solid storyline, fancy features, and doesn't tackle deep topics.
No proofreading done as well.
Introducing the characters is pretty much the main point of the game;;;

DOWNLOAD LINK: MEGA || ITCH.IO

POLL:
Which of the members do you like best?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, especially answers for the poll. QqQ
Last edited by ppppantsu on Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:21 am, edited 4 times in total.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: HARUMAN 하루만 (Just One Day) [Free][GxB][Friendship]

#2 Post by try10 »

Hey! Glad to see you back with another VN. I'll check it out! :D

ixWishing
Veteran

#3 Post by ixWishing »

ppppantsu wrote: This visual novel is loosely inspired on Bangtan Sonyeondan (방탄소년단)'s song, "Just One Day" (하루만, "Haruman").
Ohh BTS! That quickly caught my interest, along with this VN being created by you! I'm a fan of your VNs, so I'm sure to always download anything from you! I'll post my feedback later, once I start it!
- Everlasting Dreams ;

ppppantsu
Veteran
Completed: Haruman, DMMd Fan VN, Fetish 1.0, Fetish: ESC, Colors~AU~, Fetish: Wanted, Incolore

#4 Post by ppppantsu »

I feel glad I'm still somehow remembered. ; - ; )
ANYWAY ITCH.IO LINK IS OUT.
try10 wrote:Hey! Glad to see you back with another VN. I'll check it out! :D
Thank you very much! It's not much but I hope you'll somehow enjoy it. QqQ~
ixWishing wrote:Ohh BTS! That quickly caught my interest, along with this VN being created by you! I'm a fan of your VNs, so I'm sure to always download anything from you! I'll post my feedback later, once I start it!
I'm still a fresh ARMY (2 months) but their songs are really something. Thank you very much! O v < )b

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by try10 »

I've just finished the game and it was cute. :D Every member was interesting in his own way and I wish it was longer. I listen to kpop and watch lots of korean dramas, but I have a VERY,VERY hard time remembering korean names ( korean and chinese names are killing me, seriously O_o). BTS some amazing songs, but unfortunately I have no ideea who the members are... :oops:
The thing that bothered me was the fact that the sprites seem to have similar features, like the eyes, the face... I wish they were more unique.
I hope you can continue this project in the future ;)
Good luck! :D

ppppantsu
Veteran

#6 Post by ppppantsu »

try10 wrote:I've just finished the game and it was cute. :D Every member was interesting in his own way and I wish it was longer. I listen to kpop and watch lots of korean dramas, but I have a VERY,VERY hard time remembering korean names ( korean and chinese names are killing me, seriously O_o). BTS some amazing songs, but unfortunately I have no ideea who the members are... :oops:
The thing that bothered me was the fact that the sprites seem to have similar features, like the eyes, the face... I wish they were more unique.
I hope you can continue this project in the future ;)
Good luck! :D
I can give you a quick introduction of BTS members //winks :)
Like BB's quote "When hungry, chicken is the best!" was from Rap Monster (leader, main rapper, the first guy in Dope MV, real name Kim Namjoon).

Anyway, I'm pretty much aware- I'm sorry about that. ;; - ;; ), they're based on real people and I didn't want to change their eye colors so I stick to a generic brown. A friend pointed out they look alike tho (similar features indeed, and 3 out of 5 have smol eyes).

But anyway, thank you very much for playing! >A< )!

I still wanna know which of the boys you liked best ^q^ );; (please choose one OTL)

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by try10 »

So hard to choose! They all have qualities that I like in men... UGH... I'm going to pick Lune, but I also like the cutie BB and sexy but shy K. *sigh* I want to live in Korea...

ppppantsu
Veteran

#8 Post by ppppantsu »

try10 wrote:So hard to choose! They all have qualities that I like in men... UGH... I'm going to pick Lune, but I also like the cutie BB and sexy but shy K. *sigh* I want to live in Korea...
Aigooo kamsahamnida u3u <3
//pats pats maybe someday you'll be able to!

iusername

#9 Post by iusername »

first of all, there is time you should use "-ah" and should not. like when there is verb after the name then you shouldn't use "-ah" with your name. "-ah" is used to call someone. "Hanbyul-ah" is equivalent to "hey, Hanbyul"
for example, you wrote "after separating with Hanbyul-ah" but there shouldn't be "-ah" because it means "after separating with hey, Hanbyul" which doesn't make sense.
when you say "BB-yah," "-yah" is equivalent to "-ah"
you should recheck everywhere that you wrote names with "-ah" and "-yah" and think it with "hey" and see if it makes sense or not.

also, there are some grammar errors too. i'm also not that good with English, but in Hanbyul route, i read "if i'm okay with you" when it should be "if you're okay with me."
in Lune route, i read "if it's okay to you" when it should be "if it's okay with you"

you used names and noona a lot in sentences. we don't constantly call each other's names. If it was written in Korean, maybe i would feel less irritated by it, but this is written in English, and English speakers usually don't call names so much when they are already speaking to each other, especially when there are only two people. Even when "I" am thinking, instead of name, try to use the word, "he" when you can.

K's korean name is misspelled. you wrote 게이 (gay). it should be 케이.

my favorite list: Hanbyul > Yu > BB > K > Lune

Hanbyul is my bias <3 but i still like all the characters

also, they look quite distinguished in my eyes!

I hope you make longer version. can you tell me how old each of the members are? Are BB and K underage?

and does group name QUAR'X have meaning? what does it mean?

Are they like... ugh i forgot the word people use for it. what do you call it? fan-created idol group? fanidols? i just can't remember what they call the animated idol characters in internet.

ppppantsu
Veteran

#10 Post by ppppantsu »

iusername wrote:first of all, there is time you should use "-ah" and should not. like when there is verb after the name then you shouldn't use "-ah" with your name. "-ah" is used to call someone. "Hanbyul-ah" is equivalent to "hey, Hanbyul"
for example, you wrote "after separating with Hanbyul-ah" but there shouldn't be "-ah" because it means "after separating with hey, Hanbyul" which doesn't make sense.
when you say "BB-yah," "-yah" is equivalent to "-ah"
you should recheck everywhere that you wrote names with "-ah" and "-yah" and think it with "hey" and see if it makes sense or not.

also, there are some grammar errors too. i'm also not that good with English, but in Hanbyul route, i read "if i'm okay with you" when it should be "if you're okay with me."
in Lune route, i read "if it's okay to you" when it should be "if it's okay with you"

you used names and noona a lot in sentences. we don't constantly call each other's names. If it was written in Korean, maybe i would feel less irritated by it, but this is written in English, and English speakers usually don't call names so much when they are already speaking to each other, especially when there are only two people. Even when "I" am thinking, instead of name, try to use the word, "he" when you can.

K's korean name is misspelled. you wrote 게이 (gay). it should be 케이.

my favorite list: Hanbyul > Yu > BB > K > Lune

Hanbyul is my bias <3 but i still like all the characters

also, they look quite distinguished in my eyes!

I hope you make longer version. can you tell me how old each of the members are? Are BB and K underage?

and does group name QUAR'X have meaning? what does it mean?

Are they like... ugh i forgot the word people use for it. what do you call it? fan-created idol group? fanidols? i just can't remember what they call the animated idol characters in internet.
Thank you! I will take note of these.... ;_; ) I'm still struggling with Hangeul aigoo, but will research and study more in the future! I hope I didn't offend or anything...

Ah, as said beforehand, there weren't any proofreading done. This was done pretty quick. >//w//<

I also have no idea what they are called but uhm.... we call them our 'idol persona' / 'idol counterparts' but other than that, idk how people call it- I'm sorry-

QUAR'X has a pretty funny history- but here's what Lune has to say- "I wanted to capture the image of stars and sphinx/phoenix and quacks in one word"
Lune and Hanbyeol are 96z, BB and K are 99z, yes underaged ^q^ ), Yu is the oldest, 95z

iusername

#11 Post by iusername »

ppppantsu wrote:]

Thank you! I will take note of these.... ;_; ) I'm still struggling with Hangeul aigoo, but will research and study more in the future! I hope I didn't offend or anything...

Ah, as said beforehand, there weren't any proofreading done. This was done pretty quick. >//w//<

I also have no idea what they are called but uhm.... we call them our 'idol persona' / 'idol counterparts' but other than that, idk how people call it- I'm sorry-

QUAR'X has a pretty funny history- but here's what Lune has to say- "I wanted to capture the image of stars and sphinx/phoenix and quacks in one word"
Lune and Hanbyeol are 96z, BB and K are 99z, yes underaged ^q^ ), Yu is the oldest, 95z
oh, you didn't offend me. You just looked like you need a little help. that's all. I just assumed that you are either korean learner, english learner, or both. XD sorry for misspelling Hanbyeol on my post.

yeah, i read the no proofreading part, but just in case you want to fix it and make a longer version, i thought it would be easier if i told you where to fix it.

oh, i remember now! they DID NOT have a name for it XD oops sorry. they just called it parody of korean boy band. it was english website that created animated "jpop idols" by Japaneses creators and it was duet group. they even record songs. they just used UTAUloid. XD

ha, they are all younger than me XD but that's the truth regarding actual new kpop idols theses days.
most of new groups' members are becoming younger than me XD

ppppantsu
Veteran

#12 Post by ppppantsu »

iusername wrote: oh, you didn't offend me. You just looked like you need a little help. that's all. I just assumed that you are either korean learner, english learner, or both. XD sorry for misspelling Hanbyeol on my post.

yeah, i read the no proofreading part, but just in case you want to fix it and make a longer version, i thought it would be easier if i told you where to fix it.

oh, i remember now! they DID NOT have a name for it XD oops sorry. they just called it parody of korean boy band. it was english website that created animated "jpop idols" by Japaneses creators and it was duet group. they even record songs. they just used UTAUloid. XD

ha, they are all younger than me XD but that's the truth regarding actual new kpop idols theses days.
most of new groups' members are becoming younger than me XD
Thank you very much. I need to refresh my English too, aaahhh. I'll think about making a longer version. ^q^ )~ And make more expressions if ever-

Altho in reality, I mean the people they were based on, BB is the oldest (93z). The rest are 96z and up. ^q^ )!

JhazyJazz
Regular
Completed: Best Friends
Organization: Pastelle Studios

#13 Post by JhazyJazz »

Still downloading it~
Will make a review after playing the game!

ppppantsu
Veteran

Re: HARUMAN 하루만 [Free][PC/Android][GxB][Friendship]

#14 Post by ppppantsu »

I tried building for Android and tested it in my Samsung Grand Prime, and everything went fine!

You can DL it on itch.io (links above).

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

Re: HARUMAN 하루만 [Free][PC/Android][GxB][Friendship]

#15 Post by MimirollCookie »

Hey pppantsu! ^u^
Can you post an alternative link? *u*
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)