NaNoReno 2016 General Recruitment Thread

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

NaNoReno 2016 General Recruitment Thread

#1 Post by Lesleigh63 »

The following is what Deji posted last year for the nanoreno general recruitement thread.

I hope she won't mind if I resurrect it for this year. Her instructions were clear and concise.

From Deji...

❋ So you want to participate in NaNoRenO 2015 2016 ? ❋

Unless you're working solo, you probably need a group! Or maybe you already have a group but could use more members!
Go ahead and post your or your group's information so people can contact you!

➤ A person looking for a group
Please list your skills and the things you're willing to contribute with, and if you have any preferences!

Example 1:
Quote:
I'm an artist!
I can contribute character designs, character sprites and a few CGs (full screen, cut-ins, or chibis, not more than 4 full screen CGs).
I can't do backgrounds or GUI.
I'd like to work on a romance GxB game if possible! No BxB, no nudity, no abuse or violence, please :'3
I can communicate via forum Private Messages!
Thanks!
Example 2:
Quote:
I'm a programer.
I'm good at basic coding, along with coding custom GUI and some ATL elements (within reason).
I'm looking to work on any kind of project, I'm not picky!
I'm okay with communicating through e-mail or Skype chat.
➤ A group looking for more members
Please list the basic, spoiler-free characteristics, tags/warnings and mood of the idea you have, what kind of people are you looking for and how you plan to communicate!

Example 1:
Quote:
Our group is working on a non-romantic slice of life comedy with magical elements set in japanese high school!
We have a programer, writer and a musician, but we *really* need an artist!
The story will have 3 characters and as many CGs as the artist can cram in during March.
We have a Skype chat group set up for meetings, so Skype availability would be great (don't worry, no voice chat!)
Example 2:
Quote:
We're working on a BxG bittersweet story about hard choices in life and moving on from the past. There will be mentions of abuse.
We're specifically looking for a Background artist.
If you can design a custom GUI or contribute with some music, that'd be great!
We plan to work using Trello.
* If you're a solo person with an idea you'd like people to help you with, you're better posting as a group ;)

Happy NaNo-ing! :D

reveurisa

Re: NaNoReno 2016 General Recruitment Thread

#2 Post by reveurisa »

———
Last edited by reveurisa on Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

#3 Post by Windchimes »

Hey! We're a group of 7 (2 writers, 1 sprite artist, 1 CG artist, 1 BG artist, 1 GUI artist, 1 composer). For NaNoRenO this year, we'll be working on a GxB otome/fantasy game based off fairy tales with reversed gender roles called Lads in Distress. More information can be found here:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 59&t=36503

We're mainly looking for a chibi CG artist right now! Workload: 6 - 9 CGs. Very simple backgrounds would be fine!

Note that we're planning to expand the game post-March (which will roughly double the size of the game with new romance routes + more scenes), so it'd be amazing if you could still stick around after NaNo to help us complete the project (for art consistency)! Not a requirement though, so please don't let that deter you from shooting us a PM if you're interested! We completely understand if you don't have time/aren't interested in continuing to provide services for free after March, even though we'll be sad to see you go. We're happy for any help we can get!

We have a Skype group chat set up for meetings and a Trello board for important updates, so if you could join in that would be great, though we don't mind communicating through only LSF PMs or emails.

If interested, send me or Kumiho (writing partner) a PM please! Thanks! :D

Updated (28/2): Need a chibi CG artist atm because our CG artists have their hands full already and chibi CGs would be perfect for some scenes ;;
Last edited by Windchimes on Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:28 am, edited 5 times in total.

pyopyon
Veteran
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette

#4 Post by pyopyon »

Hello! My name is Owl!

Our group is working on a slice of life, romantic comedy set in an fashion magazine's editorial department called [ Catching the Fox ].

[Team Slots Filled]
Last edited by pyopyon on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

demonicbagel
Regular
Projects: The Flower Girl, The Cycle of Magic: Zevair's Tale

#5 Post by demonicbagel »

I am a writer. All I can do is write, but I can write very well. When I say all I can do is write, I mean that I'm not an artist, programmer, or composer. I can share ideas and opinions on such things, and I'm quite refined with such opinions, but what I create myself is writing material. I'm extremely perfectionistic with my writing, so while I am often slow, that is only because I want to come up with the best possible writing that I can manage.

I am open to many genres, but I like modern and fantasy settings best. Romance is a must-include thing for me. I feel that a story is almost always better with a good romance. However, I am not comfortable writing BxB (Yaoi) Romance, nor will I do sex scenes. At most, i will do emotional embraces and kissing and other similar things - anything with nudity is not appealing to me. While I do not like BxB romance, I am open to GxG, and actually adore a good Yuri story.

I work better with visual references, so I would prefer to have some sort of art done before I write, or provided by an artist after I have described the characters. I feel that having such visuals allows me to make a much better story since I can have a glimpse into who the characters are and how they will look when they react.

While I might sound like I'm a writing "gourmet" so to speak, I am familiar with small projects, and am perfectly fine with such things, and am in fact working on a project that will be less than an hour long in playtime. Of course, I'm working on making it amazing, but I don't expect it to be super high in detail.

Anyway, I'm very flexible, so all you have to do is provide me some basic concepts and details and I'll see what I can do :) I don't bite.
Visual Novel Team's Twitter - https://twitter.com/OHHeartsVN

Our Healing Hearts Tumblr Blog - http://ohheartsvn.tumblr.com/

Avatar- Potato Cow Studios Logo Character by MelowBee

lets_try_it

#6 Post by lets_try_it »

I am a programmer and writer.
I am good at basic coding, ATL, simple RPG systems etc.... And my writing is kinda average.
I'm okay with communicating through PM!

I like :

Settings : For now, I would like to work on a city setting.

Favorite Types Of Characters : Deeply emotional (outwardly, quiet or otherwise) , caring, logical

CaptainSecretFire

#7 Post by CaptainSecretFire »

Hey there, I'm Amy. I'm a writer by trade, it's a passion and skill I've always had. Although I've got my fingers in various other pies as an aspiring game dev. I can do basic Ren'Py things (general coding, stats/love metres, I'm pretty confident I can learn anything else), music composition and I'm quite good at team management. If the latter counts for anything around here! I'm moderately experienced with Trello, Slack, and many modes of team management from my studies and other game jams.

In terms of genres I'm really flexible, although genre strengths are dark fantasy/sci fi and psychological horror. I'm quite flexible with genre in general, I've written in a lot of styles. From fluff to dark prose! Talking pairings or romance I'm up for anything! GxB and GxG are my favourites and the pairings I'm well versed in but I'm always up for a challenge and trying new things. Diversity in a character cast is also something I always try and explore! Different ethnicity and gender identities, personalities, species. I have a huge soft spot for writing monster characters.

As for what I'm looking for, it's a team! Artists, programmers, other writers, whoever really. I love bouncing ideas around, so hit me up via PM or on Skype (my handle is my username) if you want to talk about working together. I'll happily point you towards a sample of my writing if you want to read it and I have plenty of ideas. Thank you for reading, that is all! :)
Last edited by CaptainSecretFire on Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#8 Post by MimirollCookie »

Hello! I'm working on a project for NaNoReno 2016!
More Info HERE
It's a GxB game (DRAMA) and I'm looking for the following:
  • An Artist

• A Musician

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to help us:

1. Artist- I only need an artist who is willing to help us at BGs (For free)
2. Musician- Capable of doing happy and moody songs! :D

EDIT:
Please PM me or YzzaPizzaIsCheezy if interested! :D
(REMEMBER! WE. DON'T. BITE!) XD
Last edited by MimirollCookie on Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#9 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Edited: Got a project to work with!

Hi there, I'm an artist and I'm intending to join a group for NaNoReno
I'm willing to help as a sprite artist, CG or doing some illustrations (chibi, items etc.).
Any genre of project is alright with me, including yaoi, yuri. But I'd like to avoid explicit content (R-18), also I have soft spot for slice of life or mystery. I'm available to contact via PM, Skype and e-mails c:

You can see my arts here :
<<A>> <<B>> <<C>>
Deviantart
Just PM me if you're interested!
Last edited by YuukiCrossPudding on Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

yetibutts

#10 Post by yetibutts »

Heyooo, I'm an artist, and this is my first time doing NaNo!
I can contribute character designs, character sprites, GUI+logo, and a few CGs (3-5?). I'm not great with backgrounds, but I can try if they're simple enough.

I'm a bit picky with the projects I choose to work on, so here are some things I like:
- fluffy romance (GxB/GxG/BxG/BxB)
- slice of life/anything light-hearted
- diverse cast
- cute fantasy games
- nonsense/weird comedy (Hatoful Boyfriend, Gakuen Handsome)
- horror/gore
I don't really like stat-raising type of simulation games, but if your project idea is interesting enough I might give it a try. I also have some ideas on hand if you'd prefer to work on/write for those!

Here's some samples of my art: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36753.

Lastly, I'd prefer to communicate via Skype or email.
Thanks!

ibukichan
Regular
Completed: Project E.A.R.T.H. [NaNo '15]
Projects: A Step Ahead, Deadhead, Jinsei no Mondai
itch: aikosakana

#11 Post by ibukichan »

Hey! I'm putting together a team to work on a dark NBxG VN about the MC's internal struggle with their morals. I've got a recruitment thread here with more information: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 70#p400870

I have a sprite artist for sure, and potentially a composer and a CG artist.

I'm currently looking for a BG artist (about 10 BGs, can make do with less) and a GUI designer (basic screens, stat screen, logo)

Right now, I've been communicating through PM, but if you have a different contact method you'd prefer, let me know.

Hope to be working with some of you soon! :D

bluebirdplays
Regular
Projects: A Flamingo Tale, Eyas
Tumblr: bluebirdplays

#12 Post by bluebirdplays »

Hey! I'm a writer looking to join a group for this year's NaNoReno. I could use the experience, and am fascinated with seeing how visual novels combine art, writing, and music to create something original and unique!

I was the 1st place winner for last year's Tyrannojam, where I wrote about a Flamingo saving the world.
I've been writing reviews about visual novels and other games for a while.

I can write about any topic and any subject, but work best if I'm given a general direction before I write off into the sunset.

I'm active on Skype, email, and live on the EST coast.

Happy NaNoReno everyone :)

yoshibb
Veteran

#13 Post by yoshibb »

Hi! I'm a writer and artist, but I'm mostly looking to focus on art for this year's Nano. Last year, I created Lost Heroes for Nano, and I'm currently in the final stages of releasing a commercial visual novel. I'd really love to work with a team this year instead of trying to do everything myself.

For examples of my work, my most up to date stuff is on Twitter. I can do backgrounds, but most of my work is in characters and CGs. Most importantly, I can guarantee that I will finish the work that I accept. I am also pretty good at adapting to different art styles, if you have something in mind.

If anyone is looking for an artist, just shoot me a PM. Good luck, everyone!

Shadow Wolfwind
Regular
Projects: Comeuppance
Tumblr: chiizusando

#14 Post by Shadow Wolfwind »

Hi I'm Momo. My team is will be creating a BxB game featuring anthropomorphic rats who compete with each other by stealing objects from a human's house. You can read a short summary about it here.
We are in need of an artists. I'm open to style and interpretations.

- Sprite Artist: You will be required to draw the sprites for all four characters with five expression each (give or take). There are side characters as well, but these are optional to draw. I would however like sprites for these characters to be drawn after Nano.
- CG Artist: No background drawing is required. I would like a total of nine CGs, so three for each path.

If you are interested or like to know more about the project, feel free to contact me through PM.

Artist found! Thank you!
Last edited by Shadow Wolfwind on Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CSV
Regular
Tumblr: csvidaldraws
Deviantart: csvidal
itch: csvidal

#15 Post by CSV »

Hello. I am looking to join a project for NaNo.

I am mostly offering free work as a sprite artist.My digital art looks like this at the moment. I apologize for not having more examples.
Since I also like to write, I may be able to help with proofreading or suggestions as well.

I'd be interested in joining a GxB/otome project. Overall I like fluff, happy endings, fantasy, science-fiction, horror, fairytales... And I find unusual otome MCs and reversed gender roles are always fun.
Limitations: I want to make sure it is a PG-13 project because I have a hard time dealing with foul language and perverted stuff (gore and violence are okay, though).

I can easily communicate through Skype, PM and such. *spends too much time online* OTL
☆☆☆
(portfolio)
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆