Bitter Truth [Romance - GxB/GxG]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

Re: Bitter Truth [Romance] Demo! Kickstarter!! Steam!!!

#106 Post by thebackup »

I just finished playing the demo and I really enjoyed it. This game made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, considering I'm playing this on a cold winter day. :)

William is probably my favorite character, because it's likely he's harboring feelings for Emilia, and has feelings of jealousy. The fact that he's in her "friend zone" makes it more interesting, and causing tension between them two. I can kind of relate to him in a way :wink:

I noticed some errors in the writing:
"...she was already misses him a lot..." -> delete
"Emilia doesn't notice however, even though Lily's hold gets a little tighter to warn her to choice her words carefully." -> choose
"...getting lost up their." -> there

I also noticed some breaks in the text, such as:
"Emilia almost drops a plate while" -> there's a lot more space to complete the sentence; I have to click to read the rest:
"Max starts laughing."

Is it just me, or does the text look spaced more when a character is speaking, compared to the narration? Because some of the character dialogue, especially the ones that span three lines, have little to no margin at the bottom, between the text and the game window. I think it would look nicer to reduce spacing between lines some, or just move it up a bit.

The artwork is very lovely, and I absolutely LOVED the CG of Emilia and Lily as it explained their childhood. That was so cute and sweet. The music is pretty awesome, especially the vocal effects used for the cafe music.

Bitter Truth has given me positive vibes, and I'm likely to help fund your Kickstarter. I've been following this project for quite a while already and you and your team have a very strong work ethic. Getting out those weekly updates must've been tough! Good luck and I look forward to the finished product! :D

Allegra Hughes
Veteran
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Bitter Truth, Two Faced
Organization: Chisa Studios

#107 Post by Allegra Hughes »

thebackup wrote:I just finished playing the demo and I really enjoyed it. This game made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, considering I'm playing this on a cold winter day. :) William is probably my favorite character, because it's likely he's harboring feelings for Emilia, and has feelings of jealousy. The fact that he's in her "friend zone" makes it more interesting, and causing tension between them two. I can kind of relate to him in a way :wink:
I'm glad you like the game over all~
thebackup wrote: I noticed some errors in the writing:
"...she was already misses him a lot..." -> delete
"Emilia doesn't notice however, even though Lily's hold gets a little tighter to warn her to choice her words carefully." -> choose
"...getting lost up their." -> there

I also noticed some breaks in the text, such as:
"Emilia almost drops a plate while" -> there's a lot more space to complete the sentence; I have to click to read the rest:
"Max starts laughing."

Is it just me, or does the text look spaced more when a character is speaking, compared to the narration? Because some of the character dialogue, especially the ones that span three lines, have little to no margin at the bottom, between the text and the game window. I think it would look nicer to reduce spacing between lines some, or just move it up a bit.
Thanks for the grammar feedback. As for the breaks, yeah we noticed that well. The text seems to change as well (like you mentioned). We had to get a last minute programmer, Grace, to get the demo done in four days. So we weren't able to really tackle all the bugs, and we felt these were minor.
thebackup wrote: The artwork is very lovely, and I absolutely LOVED the CG of Emilia and Lily as it explained their childhood. That was so cute and sweet. The music is pretty awesome, especially the vocal effects used for the cafe music.

Bitter Truth has given me positive vibes, and I'm likely to help fund your Kickstarter. I've been following this project for quite a while already and you and your team have a very strong work ethic. Getting out those weekly updates must've been tough! Good luck and I look forward to the finished product! :D
Thanks for the feedback!!! I'm glad you liked the artwork. Please spread the word if you can, and we're be super grateful if you can help fund it!

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#108 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Hey everyone!

Thank you so much for supporting us so far. Please spread the word around if you want to see more.

After seeing some concerns about the game's release date, we wanted to find a way to address them. The team at Chisa Studios consists of full time workers and college students, so Bitter Truth has been a side project. We didn't want to overpromise.

However, after talking to everyone individually, we've come to the conclusion that by putting in a lot of extra hours over the summer, we can get the game completed much sooner than initially estimated.

We're aiming for a release date closer to the middle of 2017, eyeing Valentine's Day for another public demo release.

Bitter Truth is created for the fans, and we want to live up to your expectations. However, being experienced game devs, writers, artists and audio engineers, we understand what reasonable promises we can and cannot make. We hope this all makes sense and you all support us in this decision.

~Chisa Studios

Connect with us:
Image Image Image

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#109 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Hey Everyone,

We're adding two new rewards for Valentine's Day on Kickstarter.

Valentine's Day Special # 1 ~ $100

Custom Drawing: Choose your favorite pair from the game and pick the characters position, characters outfit and background setting!

Valentine's Day Special # 2 ~ $200

Custom Drawing: Choose your OTP from any fandom and pick the characters position, characters outfit and background setting!

And lastly, we have an art contest!

Submit a fanart of any of the characters (or pairs) from Bitter Truth to ChisaStudios@gmail.com and post them on your twitter or tumblr (tag us: chisastudios) to be entered to win a free custom drawing of your choosing.

~Chisa Studios

Connect with us:
Image Image Image

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#110 Post by Allegra Hughes »

We've officially been greenlit on steam!

Connect with us:
Image Image Image

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#111 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Major Update: Going Forward

As many of you have noticed, our Kickstarter was unsuccessful but we were Greenlit on Steam. Because we have the fanbase who wants the game to happen, our team is currently reconvening for a new plan. We will be looking at all our alternatives going forth, and will keep you updated when we make the final decision of our new plan within the next month.

FEEDBACK: We are also very interested in getting feedback from you guys on the demo, as well as your opinion overall about Bitter Truth. Feel free to send us an email at: chisastudios@gmail.com with any thoughts you have regarding this project!

Connect with us:
Image Image Image

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

Re: Bitter Truth [Romance - GxB/GxG] Demo!

#112 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Hey fans! After a long wait, we’ve finally decided how to proceed with Bitter Truth!

There will be major changes to the characters and the plot. Two new characters have been added and our romance options have changed to be more inclusive and to have a larger cast of options. Max will be cut as a romance option which we believe will strengthen him as a character.

We will be relaunching our Kickstarter with a smaller funding goal in mind for more feasible results. This will be balanced by the fact that we will be relaunching this project as a commercial product. The cost for the game has yet to be determined, but we promise that the quality of the game will be worth your while!

Check back to meet the new characters and see the awesome changes Bitter Truth has to offer you.

~Chisa Studios

Connect with us:
Image Image Image

amora
Regular

#113 Post by amora »

Amazing work!

Nyankar
Projects: Primer Fantasia
Organization: TTTiGR3 Estudios AR

#114 Post by Nyankar »

Wheres the demo?

Nice work btw.
Graphic designs

Allegra Hughes
Veteran

#115 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Nyankar wrote:Wheres the demo?
The game is being re-done so we removed the demo.