War: Valentine Edition [Dating Sim, Romance, Comedy, GxB]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Dreamgazer
Veteran
Completed: Death Room; Don't Take This Risk; War: 13th Day; War Specials
Projects: Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)
Organization: Poison Apple Tales
Tumblr: poisonappletales
Deviantart: PoisonAppleTales

War: Valentine Edition [Dating Sim, Romance, Comedy, GxB]

#1 Post by Dreamgazer »

Get started on your date here!
If you're having trouble downloading it, try here.
Length: ~10 minutes per date
Rating: 13+ for suggestive situations and sexuality

Are you ready to go on a Valentine date?

Choose your Valentine from the men of Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces). Each date is like a box of chocolates - you’ll never know what you’ll get! Will he take you for a romantic walk down the beach or on an adventure of a lifetime?

Prepare for laughs, cute moments, and sweet romance in this dating simulation.

FEATURES:
Choose your name. You are the star of this date.
300+ choices. You get to call the shots. Decide what is said and done. As I said, YOU are the star!
6 Bachelors. Each one has their own distinct personalities, quirks, and love styles.
Very Replayable. Each date is the length of a one-shot. They’re short and quick, which makes them fast and easy to replay.

I had a lot of fun making this game! You could say that this was my very own mini-Valentine jam. If it weren't for Oktolio and Katta, there wouldn't have been any CGs (either that or not very many)! Thank you both so much.

Katta did the lineart for 2 CGs (1 for Arsenik and 1 for Wind), while I did the coloring on them. Oktolio did the lineart for 12 CGs and the coloring for all dozen of them except for 4 of them (Onyx's and Arsenik's coloring, specifically - I took care of those). I was in charge of the backgrounds for those CGs and post-effects (a.k.a. the sparkly glitter, smoke, and other special effects).

They're both awesome artists, so give them a big hand for helping me out in the CG department.

That said, if you run into any bugs, please let me know ASAP. While you're at it, let me know what you thought of the game. I'd love to know what was your favorite date and boy. You're also free to let me know in this thread here.

Bonus: Tell me what was your favorite line in the game!

Bonus 2: After playing the game, who's your favorite date?
Cast your vote here!

Have a Happy, Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!

EDIT:
The demo for Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces) has been released!
Check it out. :)

You can also click the button below:
Last edited by Dreamgazer on Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Arkhane
Regular

Re: War: Valentine Edition [Dating Sim, Romance, Comedy, GxB

#2 Post by Arkhane »

Hello Dreamgazer.
Happy you could get it out on time. :3
Thanks too to Oktolio and Katta.
Download : ok
As for the rest, I'll tell you tonight after work :'(
Bye bye :3

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#3 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Usually, I try not to comment before playing the game, but I am just SO happy that it's out now~ I will tell you what I think about it when I'm done playing, which will probably be awhile because I like to take my time and savior new otome games. ^_^ \^O^/ So excited to play thiiiiiissss~~~~ <3 <3 <3

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#4 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Had a little trouble with the download not coming up, but I guess it was just the site. I've got it now though.

Arkhane
Regular

#5 Post by Arkhane »

Hello Dreamgazer.
Thank you again for this release.
I loved it!!! It was worth the wait! Come here and take your glomp X)

I already tried many of the possibilities and here is my classement with what I liked or not. And of course, everything's in spoiler :D

Wind is my favorite! (Of course!! :oops: )
+ :
His bitting tone / remarks
His caring ways : when helping for games or trying to make dinner or making an effort for decoration <3
Running after him with the hammer
Getting caught after playing with his forehead
Telling him it was edible for a first try
The picture of the sky with the rain! (Can I have it for a desktop wallpaper? :D)
The atmosphere of the cave
<3 <3 The last scene <3 <3

- :
His response when you told him he prefers you bad : It's a bit flat! I'd love a Who knows? with a grin or something like this.
I'd loved a kiss or a bite or a sniffing (or I don't know what) after the chase against that tree.

Interrogations :
Why is there eggs in chocolate ? (what's the recipe? :shock: )
The answer don't get excited when you ask him to get you sweat off is a bit strange. (I miss something) I'd have prefered a sarcastic remark such as :
"Since you're incapable I'll do it for you" or something like this
Second : Onyx (it was a close call with the third : Night)
+ :
Throwing things at his head and him catching you
Running from the house (I though he would be quicker!)
The chase
His way of beeing clumsy is adorable
His goodwill to please the MC
The Beauty and the Beast is really my favorite tales so <3
The atmosphere of the old house

- :
I wanted to see his face for real :cry: That's so mean DG !!!!!! :cry:
I'd love more then a "Because" or "it's ..."when asked why "he protected you". I wonder what he would have answered if Wind didn't stop him.
He's the Ultimate Warrior so, I don't think the MC could be quick enough to take his mask off.

Comments :
Bug in : "The Running from house", you've got the picture of taking his mask off instead of the swordy one.
Third : Night
+ :
The flirteous situations
The ride on his moto.
The bets
The last scene before the cops <3
The beach (Can I have it for a desktop wallpaper too? :D)

- :
The just before end. Seriously, he left o.O. Noooooooooooooooo!!! That's mean too DG. :cry: I'd love a possibility similar to Wind's end (which is the best).

Comments :
-
Fourth :
Alexandrite
+ :
His bad reputation makes me want to try him out. (it's like a teaser :P)

- :
Want to see his face too. (But not as much as Onyx, at least not now :D)

Comments :
I'm really glad you managed to find a way of having him as a date!
It'd been good to have a lign for him once you delock him once!
I'd love to hear more than the MC name on the phone to get a glimpse of his personnality. (Bad Girl, I know)

Comments :
-
As you noticed, I'm not fond of sweet / cheesy guys so I can't really order the last three ones. In fact yes in abc order :P

Arsenik :
+ :
Him warming you up
Him beeing a craftman
Him wanting to take you to Virgo Island

- :
Nothing to add here since it's his personnality

Comments :
-

Baryum :
+ :
Him wanting to buy the all complex
Him telling you, that you might be the only one for him and if it's the case reconsidering dismissing his harem

- :

Comments :
The poem is well chosen
I just love the part of the lyrics you chose at the end!
Chase :
+ :
The part when you chose love or hapinness is pretty well found. It was so much fun
The many sweet kissing scenes.

- :

Comments :
-

General comments :
We can save but not load
Can we have the statistics : who was the most asked? (and after who was the most chosen when people make their reviews)?
If you need someone to test game or part of the game I'm willing to help!
Thanks for you hard work and thanks to the other two artists : Oktolio and Katta!!

Byebye :3

victorita9
Regular

#6 Post by victorita9 »

So I played Wind, Onyx, and Baryum so far. I loved Wind best. I would have loved some crazy responses in this game. Like, if you could have told off or cruelly reject your date at some point if you really didn't like him.

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#7 Post by Dreamgazer »

VocaloidsRCool wrote:Had a little trouble with the download not coming up, but I guess it was just the site. I've got it now though.
Hello, VocaloidsRCool! I'm glad to hear it worked for you. Just in case, I put up an alternate download link for those experiencing any difficulties. Anyway, I'm happy you're excited, and I'm looking forward to hearing what you think!
Arkhane wrote:I loved it!!! It was worth the wait! Come here and take your glomp X)
Ahh, I'm so thrilled to hear you enjoyed it! ♥ And thank you so much for the feedback.

I already tried many of the possibilities and here is my classement with what I liked or not. And of course, everything's in spoiler :D
Arkhane wrote:
Interrogations :
Why is there eggs in chocolate ? (what's the recipe? :shock: )
The answer don't get excited when you ask him to get you sweat off is a bit strange. (I miss something) I'd have prefered a sarcastic remark such as :
"Since you're incapable I'll do it for you" or something like this
There are eggs because Wind has no idea how to cook. Period. Oh, and when you ask Wind to help you get the sweater off (specifically, "Help me!"), I actually imagine you're saying it in an excitable way, hence the exclamation mark. So, he goes "You don't have to get so excited."
Arkhane wrote:
He's the Ultimate Warrior so, I don't think the MC could be quick enough to take his mask off.
You're right. The MC wouldn't be quick enough to take off his mask. Onyx is just letting her do it. :)
Arkhane wrote:
- :
The just before end. Seriously, he left o.O. Noooooooooooooooo!!! That's mean too DG. :cry: I'd love a possibility similar to Wind's end (which is the best).
Haha, that's Night's personality. for you It's his way of making sure you come back for more. ;)
Arkhane wrote:General comments :
We can save but not load
Can we have the statistics : who was the most asked? (and after who was the most chosen when people make their reviews)?
If you need someone to test game or part of the game I'm willing to help!
Since I had less than a month to finish this, I was going for an arcade feel, in which you weren't supposed to save or load. But I'll have more time to include this feature in the remake. As for statistics, sure! Let me set up a poll. And thanks so much for the offer!

I also do want to note that if you want to see Onyx's face or Alexandrite's, you'll have to play War (X Playing Pieces). I can't spoil the whole game now. ;)
victorita9 wrote:So I played Wind, Onyx, and Baryum so far. I loved Wind best. I would have loved some crazy responses in this game. Like, if you could have told off or cruelly reject your date at some point if you really didn't like him.
All righty then! Duly noted. I was aiming for a happy, cutesy feeling here, but I can include some darker choices in the remake. These boys are from a dark fantasy, so some of their reactions might surprise you. By the way, if you decide to date the other three, let me know what you think about them, too!

Thanks for playing and taking the time to leave a comment, everyone!

Now then! After you finish playing the game, I'd love it if you all could tell me who was your favorite date in this poll here!

Bianchii
Regular

#8 Post by Bianchii »

NOOOOOOOOOOO GFSDGFDGFDSSGFDGDS
I COULDN'T SEE ONYX'S FACE AHHHH
I LOVED it! The variety of personalities, looks, choices and scenarios were so cool! I loooooveeeddd the special CGs!!!! And it's good that we get to know them before Ambrosia's story. I'm gonna be so jealous of her WHILE playing her haha, such wonderful men to choose from!!! Loved them all in their uniqueness, it's like they are all perfect even though they are so different. Now for some individual comments:

The new look for Arsenik is HOT GJSFKLDJGKSFD!!!! And it's nice to know he's not as theatrical as Wildfire thinks he is hahaha, just the right amount of romantic, not too over the top (for me) xD.
the options to be mean to him, I just couldn't bring myself to choose them xD But it was nice that they were there, was that what you meant by different layers? if so, amazing idea! Also another thing I noticed, after I told him I'd go to Virgo Island with him and he just left (I know he comes back) but... It seemed like he didn't acknowledge what I said? He could have said something like: "I'll come to pick you up tomorrow" or something but instead he was like: Ok this was fun I'll leave?

Was looking forward to meeting Wind, I liked him as much as I expected, his looks and personality... He's so my type jfgdklsgjl
Being able to tease him and fool around was nice.
Somehow I feel Onyx's date wasn't that long compared to the others? though the scenario made up for him totally made sense when you take into consideration his personality and background.

Chase's route was incredibly sweet and wonderful! And damn it again
I COULDN'T SEE HIS FACE AND I WANTED TO SO BAD

Night jfgkdsjgjfsk I just gjfkdsjkldjldsgldfjl
the bike, the lone park and the music to go with it, a man after my own heart haha, though isn't going to a park thats in construction stage kinda dangerous? xD
And Barium well, out of everyone he's my least favorite? Not that I despise him or anything but wow he's extremely driven towards getting you, and I don't know, I just don't like guys that have many wives/concubines and such gjfklsdjlg I want to be the only one gfjdklsj
plus he tries to get you with money and I don't like that "look I named a boat after you" well congrats pal I'm out xD At least you get to give him a piece of your mind when dating so that's good
OMIGOSH
ALEXANDRITE XDD I was like o.O wot? when I read another comment here reviewing him and was like: Damn how do I get that, specially because it's the one that I'm waiting to hear more about ;-; I finally got it and gfkldsjgfd flagnamit xD guess I'll have to wait a bit longer
Good Job!!!!! I really enjoyed it!!!

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#9 Post by Dreamgazer »

Bianchii wrote:I LOVED it! The variety of personalities, looks, choices and scenarios were so cool! I loooooveeeddd the special CGs!!!! And it's good that we get to know them before Ambrosia's story. I'm gonna be so jealous of her WHILE playing her haha, such wonderful men to choose from!!! Loved them all in their uniqueness, it's like they are all perfect even though they are so different.
Hello, Bianchii! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Quick! Pick three of the guys to cliff, kiss, and marry.
Bianchii wrote:
the options to be mean to him, I just couldn't bring myself to choose them xD But it was nice that they were there, was that what you meant by different layers? if so, amazing idea! Also another thing I noticed, after I told him I'd go to Virgo Island with him and he just left (I know he comes back) but... It seemed like he didn't acknowledge what I said? He could have said something like: "I'll come to pick you up tomorrow" or something but instead he was like: Ok this was fun I'll leave?
Oh, yeah, I noticed that when I was finalizing the game, but since I was nearing the end of my deadline, I chose to polish the CGs over fixing that. I'll fix that in the remake, definitely. As for Arsenik's date being like an onion, the mean options are indeed one of the "layers." Out of everyone else, Arsenik is the most observant, so he has the most choices that lead to different scenes.

For instance, you could make these choices in the beginning:
-"Thank you. They're beautiful."
-"Do that for me."
-"I want a dozen bouquets."
And Arsenik will run out and get you flowers. If you ask him to bring in the flowers, you'll then have a choice of thanking him or rewarding him with a kiss or a glass of water.
When you both walk out of the house, he'll also ask you something differently than he normally does.
Or when he asks if your day's been well:
-"Not really."
-"You're going to think I'm being silly."

These choices will lead you to a different conversation.

Other choices that lead somewhere new:
-"Are you a screamer?"
-"Oh, I'll make you scream."

One of the funnier set of choices you can get:

Arsenik will also let you go on whatever ride you want as many times as you like. So, going to the same ride three or even four times will make him say something different. For a really sweet scene, I would suggest going on the teacups twice...
At the end of the date, your choice of movie (if you decide to watch one) also changes what he says and does with you but only if you're cuddling with him or showed enough interest in him beforehand. In general, the more open you are about your interest in him, the less tense he is throughout your date.
Oh, and in the beginning, choosing to be "Relieved" will lead to 2 easter eggs that you won't want to miss. :)
Bianchii wrote:Somehow I feel Onyx's date wasn't that long compared to the others? though the scenario made up for him totally made sense when you take into consideration his personality and background.
You're right! Onyx's date is the shortest because of his character. Plus, he comes with a lot of plot-heavy secrets. ;)
Bianchii wrote:
Night jfgkdsjgjfsk I just gjfkdsjkldjldsgldfjl
the bike, the lone park and the music to go with it, a man after my own heart haha, though isn't going to a park thats in construction stage kinda dangerous? xD
That's Night for you!
The bad boy with a taste for danger.
I really appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts here! And thank you for all your kind words. I almost feel like I just gave a mini-Let's Play of my own game with those screenshots, haha. Speaking of which, I don't know if it'll interest anyone, but I put up a Let's Play with Wind and Wildfire here. Does anyone have a particular game they'd like to see my cast play? Unless you want to see someone like Wildfire playing this Valentine edition.

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#10 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Sorry it took so long to comment, but that was an interesting experience. Of course, Chase's route was my favorite~ Being able to spend a day doing various things with him was fun, and I learned some things about him. He's really bad at games, but he's determined. He put himself down when he didn't need to though: I thought he was funny and it was nice how hard he tried to make the day fun.

The red string was unexpected, but it was really cute how he put it in one small box inside of a few other boxes. His reactions to things that he had never experienced or seen before, like the whack-a-mole and the MMORPG game, was really cute. The shooting star scene was hilarious! I didn't expect a bunch of guys to suddenly fall for me, or girls to try to kill me. @_@ Hahaha! But, that was hilarious!

Barium's path was...very...VERY nice. First of all, he is incredibly generous, and bought me literally anything that I wanted. Secondly, he was opulent, and it showed in how he was willing to pay for everything, and he was elaborate, and that showed when he literally laid down a red carpet.

But what really captivated me was how kind he was. Like when that guy pretty much insulted him and he brushed it off, and the way he treated me was really sweet. Like when he read me those beautiful lines from that book. I really enjoyed my time with him. Oh, and one other thing. I found it very interesting how he talked about foods from other countries. I don't know why that stuck with me. He just seemed like a connoisseur of food.

Arsenik, now he's definitely prince charming. It's like he stepped right out of a fairytale. Kind, caring, thoughtful, and handsome, he's absolutely a keeper. One thing that bothers me though is how he said that he associates screaming with pain when he heard people screaming on a rollercoaster ride. I don't even want to know what he went through in battle. I think he mentioned twice that war leaves scars that are like no other. And when he said that it is better experiencing things with others than when he's alone, I asked if he was lonely and he kind of avoided giving me a real answer, which worried me. I wonder what's going on with his family. I would like to know more about him.

When Arsenik told me that he picked the flowers himself and pulled the thorns and grime from them, I felt touched that he did that much just so that I could have flowers. And then he offered to buy me flowers if I was unhappy with the ones he picked. I nearly swooned - he is so caring and perfect. I also loved when he opened the car door for me, and when he calls me 'miss' it sounds so polite.

Wind...Wind..Wind. Kind of an oxymoron. One minute he's mean, and the next...he does something nice. Like when he tore the rope ladder, but then helped me ring the bell. That was a surprise. During the freak show, I felt sorry for him, because he's half animal, and so he must have felt awful seeing that bear being tied up like that.

When he made me that soup...er...I thought it would taste delicious, but when it didn't, I still tried to eat it, because he made it for me. I thought it was sweet that he put effort into a meal meant for me. And the candy bar too. Whenever I tried to eat either of the foods, he would stop me and give me something else. I think he genuinely cares about me.

Sorry if the separate reviews for the guys are kind of short. In order to add more information, I need to play through their routes again to recapture events that I experienced. But, I really did enjoy the game, and I would be happy to play the other one that you are planning to make. Thank you for all of your hard work and effort~ <3 <3 <3

Ah! One last thing, I think an explanation for why it took so long to comment is in order. I tried to go to lemmasoft recently, but on chrome it kept blocking me by saying there was a dns error. I finally think to get firefox, and, what do you know? I can go to lemmasoft. *Rolls eyes.* Sooo annoying. Anyway, I hope it doesn't happen again.

Bianchii
Regular

#11 Post by Bianchii »

Dreamgazer wrote:Hello, Bianchii! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Quick! Pick three of the guys to cliff, kiss, and marry.
Marry: Probably Onyx jfkldsj I like the strong silent type (but at some point i'd like them not to be SO silent xD). To be honest I was so creeped out by him on 13th day (seriously with the sound effect, my heart mini died everytime) but once I got to the end well... I was rather relieved xD And then playing his date here was gjldkf it was everything I expected so that's good. And he's so mysterious, and a good warrior, I just want to know more about him, even if he turns out to be a not-so-gracious-looking person I feel he's worth it. Most definitely going for him when next game comes out.

Kiss: Wind cuz he's freaking hot and so my type xD But I don't know about marrying, would we live in a cave? gdljkfsjgfjdkls

Cliff: Barium. Yes. I don't know gfjdskgfds. I mean, I know he's supposed to be the king and is used to having everything he wants but it doesn't seem like more than that?
Of course the only pieces of him we get to see are in Wildfire's imagination and here, but perhaps I think the same thing she thought back then, when playing the valentine special, like, women are only conquests he gets to make with all his $$$ monayz $$$. I mean, what other games usually do with this type of character is that they have a side to them not even his concubines have seen and the protagonist is the only one who gets to see it, not suggesting you do that here because I'm sure you must have your own plans, but so far Barium doesn't strike me as that kind of character and maybe that's why I don't like him so much
Also I voted on the poll. DAYUM Wind is a popular man. And dammit XD Wind is so stoic on that let's play xD I love it xD

And wow!!! Arsenik is really a dedicated man! I looove his romanticism and attentiveness!!!! He really is perfect jgkflsd and, again, his new look makes me swoon hard jgfklds.
Dreamgazer wrote:Does anyone have a particular game they'd like to see my cast play? Unless you want to see someone like Wildfire playing this Valentine edition.
YES PLEASE HAVE WILDFIRE PLAY THE CHASE ROUTE XDDD I'D LOVE TO SEE THAT SO BAD XD they are like my new OTP ;-; Or Arsenik.
seeing as she has the biggest crush ever on him.
But it's curious how her mind made up all of that intrincate story with Chase when it could have done that with Arsenik instead (if she really liked him more). Guess we have to know what REALLY happened to see why things were distorted in her mind, but my guessing is she likes Chase ;-;
Yeap! Looking forward to the remake! it was already awesome like this but I'm sure i'll get only better. Lots of love!

Bianchii
Regular

#12 Post by Bianchii »

VocaloidsRCool wrote: Wind...Wind..Wind. Kind of an oxymoron. One minute he's mean, and the next...he does something nice.
Actually that got me thinking too... and I concluded he was .... a tsundere gfdkslgs
VocaloidsRCool wrote: Ah! One last thing, I think an explanation for why it took so long to comment is in order. I tried to go to lemmasoft recently, but on chrome it kept blocking me by saying there was a dns error. I finally think to get firefox, and, what do you know? I can go to lemmasoft. *Rolls eyes.* Sooo annoying. Anyway, I hope it doesn't happen again.
+

Also happening to me! Have to wait a while before it loads the page :<< perhaps some cache problem? dunno :<<<

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#13 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Thanks for replying, Bianchii!

I guess I like tsunderes. XD

Hmm...just get firefox if it gets to be too much. That actually works. I thinks it's a bug that chrome is too lazy to fix. But, it might be something else.

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#14 Post by Katta »

Dreamgazer wrote:Unless you want to see someone like Wildfire playing this Valentine edition.
Yes-yes, please! I want to see Wildfire on a date with the guys)

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#15 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Maybe we can choose between Wildfire or Ambrosia at the start of the game.