Worst record in my life

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
chisa-chan
Regular

Worst record in my life

#1 Post by chisa-chan »

Great, it seems that I still have much bad luck left on me :evil:

As far as I know, the end-of-semester report will come up tomorrow (well, that's what the teachers said to us), and I've predicted that I'll have the worst result among my classmates. Why? Because I often got sick this semester (which made my attendance rate was under 70%, while the school required each students to have attendance rate at least 90%), while at the same time schoolworks were so lot. And the thing that made me annoyed was that my teacher rejected the schoolwork I've done, just because I was late to return it (yet she knew if I was late to return it because I was sick) :evil: . I could imagine terrible scores on my semester report :cry: . It is good that most of my teachers understood about it.

To think that I'll end this semester with terrible scores somehow drops down my spirit to be active at this forum once again :cry: .
Kalau tidak suka ya jangan diladeni, gitu aja kok repot™.
Cynanthia's Blog (Indonesian)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Worst record in my life

#2 Post by DaFool »

School grades have little to do with success later in life.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#3 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by monele »

Unless you want to get further education from the next level ^^;...

Jake
Support Hero

#5 Post by Jake »

DaFool wrote:School grades have little to do with success later in life.
Mm. It's true that nobody's ever cared what GCSEs (~middle school) I got at what grades for a job. Or my A-Levels (~high school) for that matter. I don't think they even really cared what classification my degree was, and if I left my current job and looked for a new one, they'd probably be more interested in the fact that I've held down a good programming job for five years than that I have a degree.

But. Five years ago, with no experience in the software industry, I wouldn't necessarily have got the job in the first place if I didn't have a degree in Computer Science. And I definitely wouldn't have got on the degree course if I didn't have decent A-Levels, and I wouldn't have been able to take the A-Levels if I didn't get at least reasonable GCSE results.

So yeah, generally speaking, out in the much-vaunted 'real world', nobody cares that much about your school qualifications, and it's perfectly possible to succeed without formal education - I seem to recall Richard Branson left school with a pretty bad set of exam results, for example. But on the other hand, decent qualifications certainly give you a head-start, make the first few critical steps easier. The system tends to be set up to help people with decent grades.

(That said, don't let it dishearten you - the worst part about bad grades is that it primes teachers to not expect you to succeed, which biases them to not bother teaching you. If most of your teachers are aware it's not your fault that shouldn't be a problem.)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

M12
Veteran

#6 Post by M12 »

Yeah teachers can affect your grades dramatically. Sounds like an excuse, but it's not. With education; do your best, and whatever results you get, you know you've tried your hardest. Well, it's like that with anything I suppose =)...

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#7 Post by Samu-kun »

I never knew Mugen-san had such a sad life... TT_TT *wipes away tear*

Ah, don't worry, don't worry. ^_^ School's not important at all. All you need to do is learn how to suck up to other people to get forward in life. ^_^

Hudzon
Regular

#8 Post by Hudzon »

Wow, Mugen. One could write a book based on your life.

Or manga. I'd prefer a manga.

chisa-chan
Regular

#9 Post by chisa-chan »

Thanks everyone. :( Wish me better luck next semester.

Saya tewas!™
Kalau tidak suka ya jangan diladeni, gitu aja kok repot™.
Cynanthia's Blog (Indonesian)