GlassHeart's background commissions

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped
itch: https://selavi.itch.

GlassHeart's background commissions

#1 Post by GlassHeart »

Hey there talented people! This is GlassHeart of Selavi Games. I've been doing this whole background commission thing for over two years now and have worked on over 10 projects so far. I specialize in slice of life, but would be willing to try different things. If you need backgrounds for your projects, don't hesitate to ask for an estimate.

Previous work

You can see some more of my work here: http://lavik891.wixsite.com/selavi

Commissioning me

Email me at selavigames@gmail.com with a short description of your game, the kind of backgrounds you will need, how many of them and the time frame I would have to work with. You may want to check my AVAILABILITY first.

If you are not sure if you want to commission me for a whole game, we can do a one background trial run in order to make sure that both parties are satisfied with the collaboration.

Notes

- I accept Paypal.
- A 50% down payment is required after you receive the first sketch from me in order to continue. This can be per background, per batch of 3-5 or for the whole project.
- I won't include characters in the backgrounds (people, animals) as I can't draw them that well.
- I will never resell the backgrounds you commission.
- I reserve the right to use a few of the backgrounds for personal promotion (portfolio, social networks, blog). If you prefer I will not do this until the game is out and I will add a logo of your game if provided.
- My style can be somewhat adapted to your game, but only to a certain degree. Please keep that in mind when commissioning me.
- I have no problems with my BGs being in yuri/yaoi/ecchi or any genre, so long as there is nothing too disturbing for me to draw.

Prices

As I base my backgrounds on 3d models, it will depend on how complex the model has to be and how much has to be hand drawn.
My prices are around $50 per background depending on complexity. Night/evening versions or similar are $10 extra.

Even cheaper

Like what you saw above? I have created a collection of backgrounds which you can purchase as a bundle for only $10. Check them out on itch.io

Edited May 2018: New artwork added, fixed broken links.
Last edited by GlassHeart on Tue May 15, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Image Image

Chen Li

Re: Background art on the cheap [Busy]

#2 Post by Chen Li »

Hi. Just wanted to say that those backgrounds look absolutely fantastic!

May I ask how they are done?

nightcross45

#3 Post by nightcross45 »

Sent a PM :)

Bryy
Veteran
Completed: 30+ games so far
Projects: Furry Shakespeare
Organization: Stegalosaurus Game Development

#4 Post by Bryy »

They look great!

wifom
Regular

Re: Background art on the cheap

#5 Post by wifom »

Just sent you a PM! Hoping to hear from you soon. ^^

jQ_theeNHK
Regular
Projects: theNetwork

Re: Background art on the cheap [busy]

#6 Post by jQ_theeNHK »

Your artwork looks amazing! Do you have any experience with futuristic or scifi themed backgrounds? I see your status is currently busy, do you have a timeline of approximately when you may be available again? Working on a (hopefully) commercial game and am looking for a bg artist, would need several complex backgrounds. We can get more into details over pm or email (jqmichael13@gmail.com) if you're interested. Thanks!

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

Re: Background art on the cheap [busy]

#7 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

I sent you an email! I think your art is amazing :D
ImageImage

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped

Re: GlassHeart's background commissions

#8 Post by GlassHeart »

Updated main post with new artwork. Hope you like it!
Image Image

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#9 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Bookmarking ^^
It's not for something immediate (probably going to start late 2017) but would you be willing to/have experience with modern science labs backgrounds? Your backgrounds are clean and lovely <3
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

GlassHeart
Regular

#10 Post by GlassHeart »

@Ghost of Crux
Thank you! ^_^ I can't say that I have any experience with that kind of background, but I'd be willing to try. I think it would fit my style pretty well.
Image Image

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#11 Post by thebackup »

Hey there! Just wondering if you received my email with my inquiry from a few days ago; haven't heard from you yet.
Your BGs are too good to pass up :)