Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
- Posts: 161
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:12 am
- Projects: Stella Nuvia Academy for Aspiring Magisters
- Location: The Netherlands
Hi! The sprites I drew on paper and scanned in are absolutely humongous (2000-3000px) but when I try to resize them to fit into Ren'Py's standard 800x600 resolution the quality is just entirely ruined. IS there anyway around this? I always thought a too big resolution was better than too small but it seems in this case I was wrong.
- one of the sprites for reference
- Posts: 280
- Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:17 pm
- itch: runeraccoon
What's the program you used to resize it? I tried using Paint Tool SAI and Photoshop, and neither seems to have any particular problem?
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:35 pm
- Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
- Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
- Organization: MESI Games
- IRC Nick: Hizi
- Tumblr: mesigames
- Skype: kurotezuka
- itch: hijiri
- Location: Los Angeles
Scaling down will always take some of the quality away, there's no getting around that. The next best thing is increasing your game's screen size, like 1280x720.
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."
Users browsing this forum: No registered users