IIcharacter Alpha (RenPy based sprite generator in English)

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Natsu Dragneel
Regular

Re: IIcharacter Alpha (RenPy based sprite generator in Engli

#46 Post by Natsu Dragneel »

Thnx again, one last question I promise.
How do I make parts recolorable?

iichan_lolbot
Veteran
Projects: iichan erogame

#47 Post by iichan_lolbot »

Natsu Dragneel wrote:Thnx again, one last question I promise.
You can ask as much questions as you need, that is OK.
Natsu Dragneel wrote:How do I make parts recolorable?
As I said before, part is recolorable, if filename of image matches "*.T.colorname.*" or "*.C.colorname.*" masks.

For example,
* "Wings 1.png" is not recolorable
* "Wings 2.T.wings.png" is recolorable in Hue-Saturation-Value color space and have it's own color settings, image must be in blue color scheme
* "Wings 3.C.feathers.png" is recolorable in Red-Green-Blue color space and have it's own color settings, image must be in black&white color scheme
* "Wings 4.T.hair.png" is recolorable in Hue-Saturation-Value color space and have the same color as the hair, image must be in blue color scheme

You don't have to register new colors anywhere. If your layer variant contains an image with color settings in filename, this color would be added to colors tab if this layer variant is active. So, if your current edited character have wings with "something.T.wings.png" filename, "wings" color would be shown at colors tab, it it does not have any wings, only "skin", "hair", "eyes", etc colors would be configurable, not "wings".

ThaiFighter

#49 Post by ThaiFighter »

2 things:
1. I just wanted to make sure all of the artists involved were ok with you putting their art in this program. I know the "kaoru touhou" Terms of Service were all in Japanese and I had a difficult time making heads or tails of it.
2. I was thinking about using some of the character sprites for a gamedev competition. With the current license, what would happen if I were to win, since the prize is monetary?

iichan_lolbot
Veteran
Projects: iichan erogame

#50 Post by iichan_lolbot »

1. That was long time ago. Some artist were contacted directly, some licenses were extracted from their sites without their reply.
2. I don't know how to deal with it. Please, try to contact the author of a charset you are going to use (click or license restriction icon, then on icon near author's nickname)

ninjastreet5

#51 Post by ninjastreet5 »

Thanks for the program, I'm building a VN game and this helps a lot. THANK YOU

Batsu

#52 Post by Batsu »

Hi, thank you for the program. I'm still downloading it, so I haven't tested it, but I'm sure it's very fine.
Right now I'm developing a visual novel and I want to enter it in a competition by the end of the year. But in those sort of competitions they ussualy ask you that all the resources are free for commercial proyects.
So my question would be: Can I use the sprites I make from this program in a commercial proyect? (I really hope I can)
Thank you again, the program already downloaded, so I'm gonna test it.
Greetings from Chile.

UnknownWriters
Organization: Unknown Writers Gamestudio

#53 Post by UnknownWriters »

Has someone succeeded to download "IIcharacter Alpha" lately? While the link to the storage website still works, I never succeeded to download the zip-files. Instead I get the error message that the server is down.

I've tried using Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, but the result is still the same.

bookie
Veteran

#54 Post by bookie »

I've just tried to download the file now and it seems to have been successful.

Edit: I have to revise that. Once the zip was done downloading I couldn't extract it.

UnknownWriters

#55 Post by UnknownWriters »

bookie wrote:I've just tried to download the file now and it seems to have been successful.

Edit: I have to revise that. Once the zip was done downloading I couldn't extract it.
Nice that it works for you. I've tried to download the zip-file from different computers and different browsers - the file couldn't be downloaded at all. :(

I've also registered an account at that server, but I still couldn't download the file.

MikyNU
Soundcloud: ZigiziX

#56 Post by MikyNU »

this tool is amazing i am wondering will YU continue to work on this project also i have 1 question can we use freely KH mix sprites for visual novels because i need that fish tail so much hahahahahaha

UnknownWriters

#57 Post by UnknownWriters »

Guys, I wasn't joking when I said that I can't download the zip-file from the provided link.

If no one can help me by for example uploading the tool to another 3rd party service such as Dropbox, then I'm sorry I mentioned my problem. Then please disregard my previous posts regarding this matter.

Soliloquy
Regular

#58 Post by Soliloquy »

Posting so I can find this thread again when I get home. Looking forward to tinkering with the program!

loller231

#59 Post by loller231 »

Hello I just recently downloaded the program. I just have one question.

Can I change the name of the character that I will be using?

But of course I'll state the original name of the character in the game.

Thank you

Fantasysci5

#60 Post by Fantasysci5 »

This is an awesome generator! I really love all of the options.

I was curious if anyone knows how to get a vibrant color (like a pure, bright yellow or red)? I try fiddling with the hue/saturation/brightness settings but can only get a kind of dull brownish-yellow color. Am I missing the way to do it?