Chomp Chomp ☼ (Farming | Fantasy | Stat-raising)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

Chomp Chomp ☼ (Farming | Fantasy | Stat-raising)

#1 Post by potouto »

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

☼ storyline: the magic of cooking and farming! oh and romancing!

UPDATE:

April 19th, 2016: Soundtrack are finalised
Mini-hiatus for some personal businesses.
April 12th, 2016: Food art is finished!
Working on other character's events!
March 31st, 2016: Soundtracks are finished C:
Lovely works done by our composer!
March 19th, 2016: Finished backgrounds!
Bonus with a pic of Artin's mom!
March 15th, 2016: Most of the GUI are finished
Midway through romance events.
March 12th, 2016: Finished sprites.
Working through romance events.

Autumn rolls into the town of Chompostacia, the season of food, crops and especially romance! This year comes as a bit different in the town because of the traditional Harvest Festival is approaching. For long, Harvest Festival has been an occasion to show the gratitude of the town residents and the chances for many blossoming romance.
However, all these things matter little to our protagonist, Maccha. Maybe except food. Even in their second year living in the town, Maccha still spends their lazy days on their grandmother's farm. Working is a bore to them, and not to mention, culinary is their passion, not farming!
But the situation shifts into a new way when their childhood friend, Artin comes back to the town during their temporary break from adventuring. An old crush resurfaces on Maccha's heart, they decide to take a chance at the festival, in hope that they will get a chance at claiming Artin's heart! Chomp Chomp! Here we go!

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Maccha
┗━━━━━━━━━┛
MACCHA is the playable character of this game. They are lackadaisical but nonetheless, friendly and if not a bit of an airhead. Not wanting to go on adventure with their parents, they settle down at the Chompostacia with their grandmother, wasting their time as seasons come and go. Because of that and their chronicle laziness, they haven't accomplished anything so far in their life at least until this time around.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Artin
┗━━━━━━━━━┛
❤ ARTIN is Maccha's childhood friend. They went on their own adventure in order to learn more about herbs and plants in the world two months prior to the latter's settlement in the town, thus, leaving both of them unable to see each other for two years. Being a herb mage, they are a calm and quiet individual, having themself distant from conflicts, however, kind and caring toward those in needs.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Granmira
┗━━━━━━━━━┛
GRANMIRA is a kindhearted woman at the twilight of her life. However, she remains strong and healthy. There's a story still floating around, about that time when grandma Granmira bench-presses her grandchild, Maccha, and throw them into the horse barn for being too lazy. Believe whatever you may, but Grandma has more than a few tricks up her sleeves and a long history of love.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Arthur
┗━━━━━━━━━┛
ARTHUR, is Artin's middle-aged single father. He's pretty carefree and generous, sometimes a bit silly, but nonetheless, he is a good father to Artin. His house is next to grandma Granmira's house, he has been helping her with a lot of farm work thus leading to her thinking of him as her own son. However, he's only known as Artin's dad to Maccha. Never Mr...what is his last name again?

◆ 30 days of Autumn to claim Artin's heart with 5 end-game endings.
◆ Stat-raising in substitute of the farming system
◆ Customisable player character with customisable pronoun
◆ Don't take everything too seriously, except courting Artin, court Artin seriously.
◆ Maccha is on their knees, please be their wingperson.

You may question, what with the decorations? aesthetics

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
PROGRESS
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

update April 25th
Writing: Working on side character's events.
Art: BG & Sprites done. Miscellaneous finished.
UI: Most of the main screens are finished.
Programming: Demo build.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
◣ writing - gui ◥ potouto
◣ art ◥ laniessa
◣ programming ◥ yuren
◣ music ◥ ashley kampta
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Last edited by potouto on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:14 am, edited 12 times in total.

yeah well | commission | website

Demetis
Regular

Re: chomp chomp [Fantasy][NaNo2016]

#2 Post by Demetis »

If the game's GUI ends up as adorable as these decorations, I'm gonna die flailing -shot-
Really excited for the character's designs now that they have proper names instead of your unbelievable amazing naming sense

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#3 Post by Ghost of Crux »

This. Is. The cutest thing I've ever read.

YES MACCHA. I WILL WINGMAN YOU. I'LL WINGMAN YOU TO THE END. YOU GOT THIS.
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

yuren
Projects: chomp2
Github: yosephharyanto

#4 Post by yuren »

yay \o/

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#5 Post by Elze »

LMAO HI JOSIE THE LOGO IS CUTE. Also the game (and even the title wtf) sounds super cute - Harvest Festival hits right on the doki-strings of my heart. So cute it's giving me diabetes. I'll be keeping an eye on this <3

yoshibb
Veteran

#6 Post by yoshibb »

Well, I'm a big fan of Harvest Moon, so anything resembling farming and romance catches my attention! I like that there's a customizable protagonist too and the focusing on only one romance intrigues me as well. Good luck!

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

#7 Post by Weenily »

This is so cute!!! I love the characters already and the aesthetics are definitely quality 10/10. YOUR HEART WILL BE MACCHA'S, ARTIN. Even though we don't know your last name... I also love the custom pronouns feature! Would it include they/them pronouns? Good luck with NaNo16!
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#8 Post by MimirollCookie »

All I gotta say is-
^0^
Good luck!

killdream
Veteran
Projects: EVūL (WIP), insilo (WIP), Cute Demon Crashers!
Deviantart: robotlolita
Github: robotlolita

#9 Post by killdream »

potouto wrote:Maccha: (...) However, due to their chronic laziness, they haven't accomplished anything so far in their life at least until this time around.
I feel you, Maccha :'D

But eh, this looks cool. The customizable character thingie with pronouns is pretty neat too :3

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#10 Post by Hazel-Bun »

That GUI tho!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Drewz
Regular

#11 Post by Drewz »

You got me right there lol; This just sounds so cute and fun; if the GUI is like the deco on the thread; I'm totally stalking this thread and playing the game once it's out. Can't wait to see the characters!
Good luck :D

potouto
Veteran

#12 Post by potouto »

Demetis wrote:If the game's GUI ends up as adorable as these decorations, I'm gonna die flailing -shot-
Really excited for the character's designs now that they have proper names instead of your unbelievable amazing naming sense
I am to please, no worry. Maximum cuteness it is. Same! I have already seen sketches of Artin and they are really cute c': A-Also what do you mean by proper name, I didn't say anything about removing that if the player uses default name.
Ghost of Crux wrote:This. Is. The cutest thing I've ever read.
YES MACCHA. I WILL WINGMAN YOU. I'LL WINGMAN YOU TO THE END. YOU GOT THIS.
Thank you so much! Now I just need to make sure this game is more cute than gag or a well-mixed combination of both :0
yuren wrote:yay \o/
( - v - )d
Elze wrote:LMAO HI JOSIE THE LOGO IS CUTE. Also the game (and even the title wtf) sounds super cute - Harvest Festival hits right on the doki-strings of my heart. So cute it's giving me diabetes. I'll be keeping an eye on this <3
Hi Elze! You are participating this year ahhh good luck!
CHOMP CHOMP oh my god we had hard time deciding the name at first, laniessa said "chomp chomp" and it became a running gag for a while until we gave up entirely and use the name just for gag :^) or is it? Thank you for the attention though uhuhuh
yoshibb wrote:Well, I'm a big fan of Harvest Moon, so anything resembling farming and romance catches my attention! I like that there's a customizable protagonist too and the focusing on only one romance intrigues me as well. Good luck!
Thank you so much! The main inspiration is from Harvest Moon and Rune Factory so there are some little resemblances then and there c':
Weenily wrote:This is so cute!!! I love the characters already and the aesthetics are definitely quality 10/10. YOUR HEART WILL BE MACCHA'S, ARTIN. Even though we don't know your last name... I also love the custom pronouns feature! Would it include they/them pronouns? Good luck with NaNo16!
Oh my god, thank you c': The character cast is a silly bunch AND YES HELP THEM CONQUER. Yes, you notice that, it will be some crucial plot point...maybe >D There will only three pronoun options this time around, including they/them c': Would've liked to add more but we have shrink down the scale of a lot of mechanics in-game.
MimirollCookie wrote:All I gotta say is-
^0^
Good luck!
Thank you C':
killdream wrote:I feel you, Maccha :'D

But eh, this looks cool. The customizable character thingie with pronouns is pretty neat too :3
Chronicle laziness is an infectious disease. And thank you! :0
Hazel-Bun wrote:That GUI tho!
pray that the final design will live up to expectation
Drewz wrote:
You got me right there lol; This just sounds so cute and fun; if the GUI is like the deco on the thread; I'm totally stalking this thread and playing the game once it's out. Can't wait to see the characters!
Good luck :D
Geebus you guys are looking forward for the GUI design aha I'll try my best c': Yes, aesthetic is important :0
Thank you very much!

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

#13 Post by Weenily »

potouto wrote:Oh my god, thank you c': The character cast is a silly bunch AND YES HELP THEM CONQUER. Yes, you notice that, it will be some crucial plot point...maybe >D There will only three pronoun options this time around, including they/them c': Would've liked to add more but we have shrink down the scale of a lot of mechanics in-game.
WATCH YOUR BACK ARTIN. YOU'RE GONNA BE SHOT WITH CUPID'S ARROW BEFORE YOU KNOW IT. Ooh, keeping me in suspense now, are we? How sinister. Oh gosh ;o; I'm so happy to have my pronouns as an option! Heck yeah they/them! And mm I see! It's understandable, gotta stick to the time limits of NaNo afterall huhu.
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

maedinn
Projects: [WIP] Keeper of the Jewels
Organization: Sakura Tower Studio
Tumblr: maedinn
itch: sakuratower

#14 Post by maedinn »

I like the customizable pronouns, too! Also this could be one awesome food trip! XD

potouto
Veteran

#15 Post by potouto »

Weenily wrote:WATCH YOUR BACK ARTIN. YOU'RE GONNA BE SHOT WITH CUPID'S ARROW BEFORE YOU KNOW IT. Ooh, keeping me in suspense now, are we? How sinister. Oh gosh ;o; I'm so happy to have my pronouns as an option! Heck yeah they/them! And mm I see! It's understandable, gotta stick to the time limits of NaNo afterall huhu.
Huhuh I wonder if I should add more romance events or more gag events, kiss kiss fall in love, Artin. I'm inserting Easter eggs back and forth, left and right, keep an eye out :0 Yes! The idea to begin with is keeping the love interest as nonbinary and the player with customisable pronoun for accessibility to the players. genderless pronoun yees
maedinn wrote:I like the customizable pronouns, too! Also this could be one awesome food trip! XD
Thank you! It will work similar to Harvest Moon's cooking festival c'; you only cook on one day

UPDATE I finished the introduction welps that was long. Sketching the GUI design first then work on the rest of the game events c': We better finish the game this time because someone is already threatening to chase after me with lawn mower