The Thousandth Day [ GxG | Fantasy | NaNo16 ][ART/CHAR UP]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Kumiho
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress NaNo
Projects: The Thousandth Day

Re: The Thousandth Day [ GxG | Fantasy | NaNo '16 ]

#16 Post by Kumiho »

Ghost of Crux wrote:AHAHAH IM GLAD YOU LIKE MY STUFFS. But that offer still stands no matter what project you're working on so there's that! Good luck, and you better finish this!
ja;kdjfa; thank you so much, you're so nice!! I will 8')))

Kumiho
Regular

Re: The Thousandth Day [ GxG | Fantasy | NaNo16 ][ART/CHAR U

#17 Post by Kumiho »

Bump because character cards are now up 8'D
I CAN'T DO GRAPHICS STUFF TO SAVE MY LIFE BUT LIKE.
LOOK AT THAT ART. AT LEAST THE SPRITE ART IS 1000% PERF.
ALSO THE AMAZING FUICCHI HAS OFFERED TO DRAW THE BGS... ;u;
Just. super excited, super honored, super everything <3333
Everyone give fuicchi a virtual hug and cookies <333

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

#18 Post by Weenily »

How would you feel about a prologue that introduces Zena's background? It'll consist of blackscreen + NVL text. Too boring and redundant? Would it be better if I integrate her past into the story itself? Or, heck, would it be better if I left Zena's past up for interpretation?
I like the idea of a prologue! I think it'd help me grow better attached to Zena and answer a lot of possible questions I might have.

How do you feel about longer "endings" that take up 10-30% of a given playthrough?
They feel like awesome rewards haha. I think it's pretty satisfying when you get an ending that long.

Would you like the option to name the protagonist?
It'd be cool but not that necessary. If you do end up adding a custom name feature I like it when if you can't pick a name the game automatically uses the character's default name. :'>

Would you prefer a self-insert MC or an MC with a predetermined personality?
I'm kind of leaning towards a predetermined personality because I'd like to know more about Zena, but because she doesn't really have any concrete beliefs she could go either way imo!

Hooray for more GxG games! Also gosh those are very pretty character cards. I love Bora's expression and Zena looks adorable! The coloring style is so pretty and detailed, I really like it! Good job on formatting the graphics too! The shadows on the cards are a nice touch. Good luck on your game, the story and premise sound interesting and I look forward to reading your story!! Good luck to Fuicchi on drawing the art too!!
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#19 Post by Elze »

HI MINA GOOD LORD THOSE SPRITES ARE PRECIOUS ♡ That long silver hair is as shiny as the moon + fairy dust <3 I've been itching to play an Asian folklore VN so I'm looking forward to this!

Okok let me try to answer your questions but if there are any typos forgive me cos I'm on mobile.

How do you feel about longer "endings" that take up 10-30% of a given playthrough?
IDK HOW TO FEEL ABOUT THIS. 30% seems a bit long for an ending?? I think 10% is ok though. That's pretty close to the Voltage games' endings I THINK.

Yes so I can immerse myself into the story. Idk if it's just me but my heart goes doki doki when my favorite character says my name LOL.

Ehhhh I think it depends on the type of game or story. I love customizable personalities, but so far I feel that those work best with sim games like Long Live The Queen.

Should I add anything else to this post?
Obviously more pretty art ♡

Kumiho
Regular

#20 Post by Kumiho »

Weenily wrote:
Yayy, thanks so much for the support and comments! 8') And yesss, I defo agree the art looks amazing 8'D I have no idea how I got lucky enough to solicit fuicchi so successfully. And alright, if I add a custom name feature, I'll definitely set Zena as the default name! And yesss, GxG games are the best 8'D and I'm 1000% waiting for the day when I have too many to play,,, as opposed to a pool of 5 that I end up replaying over and over and over and over again... QuQ i mean,, all five are just super amazing and well-written with pretty art and just,,, but sometimes a girl needs variation in her life! ALSO I AM STILL WAITING FOR A SUNNY ROUTE IN THE NIFLHEIM+... I mean, that game gave a route for a skeleton dude 8'D why not a woman 8'D skeleton route bae though 8'D
Elze wrote:
HI ELZEE OMG I KNOW <3 <3 <3 And yayyyy, thanks for the encouragements & inputs 8'))) And alright, I'll try not to make the endings too long. And LOLLLL omg I wish the VAs for voiced VNs pronounced your name instead of just having an awkward blank or a filler word like "darling" ;u; FAR FETCHED DREAM, I KNOW. And hmm, I see! :) kday definitely won't be a sim too much effort/time/programming && i am too nub, so I guess the customizable personality would be fairly unnecessary.

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#21 Post by MimirollCookie »

OMG A GxG GAME and a fantasy genre!
Good luck!

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#22 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Awww - cute sprites.

Kumiho
Regular

#23 Post by Kumiho »

Thanks everyone <3 I'll post a few (temp..?) BG designs in a few days 8'D

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#24 Post by minyan »

Whaaaaaa? GxG?? SOLD

*cough*

I mean, this sounds like an interesting premise. c:

How would you feel about a prologue that introduces Zena's background?
It'll consist of blackscreen + NVL text. Too boring and redundant?
Would it be better if I integrate her past into the story itself?
Or, heck, would it be better if I left Zena's past up for interpretation?

Hmm, the prologue might not be necessary- any information in it can probably be revealed throughout the story. On the other hand, it might add something, so... ...yes, I am unhelpful and I am sorry xD

Ummm I'm not sure... on the one hand, I love choices and assuming that these endings are after all the choices have been made, it might be a little sad for me. But, if the story warrants it and flows well enough I'd definitely be okay with it. (:

The option would be nice, but I wouldn't be like: NO I WON'T PLAY if you can't do it.

Definitely a personality.

Uh... I don't... think so?
ImageImage

Kumiho
Regular

#25 Post by Kumiho »

This was also posted on my lowkey/casual devblog thing, but basically:

Oh gosh, super sorry about the delay. I’ve been ridiculously busy with midterms/Lads in Distress (straight project RIP), and since LiD has a much bigger team (which the artist, fui, is a part of LOL), it’s what I ended up focusing on. <3 I hope people still play kday once it’s released, haha. I want to focus on studying for finals right now, but I'll resume work on kday as soon as I'm done with school (so early May). KDay definitely be released late May, and that’s a hard deadline.

Since everything written so far for kDay will be scrapped & since kDay will be released waaay after the deadline, I don't even feel comfortable calling it a NaNo project omg Q_Q However, since it'll be so short/simple, I don't really feel keen on moving it to WiP either, haha. Don't worry, though! It'll definitely be out on May 31st (US) at the latest :) Seriously sorry for the ridiculous delay & thanks again to anyone who's expressed interest <33
minyan wrote:
Oh my gosh, thanks so much for your comment! And thanks again for your kind words and suggestions @u@ You're not unhelpful at all, omg!! D; I'll take all your words into account, thank you so much for the millionth time, really.

AKABoy123

#26 Post by AKABoy123 »

Kumiho wrote:This was also posted on my lowkey/casual devblog thing, but basically:

Oh gosh, super sorry about the delay. I’ve been ridiculously busy with midterms/Lads in Distress (straight project RIP), and since LiD has a much bigger team (which the artist, fui, is a part of LOL), it’s what I ended up focusing on. <3 I hope people still play kday once it’s released, haha. I want to focus on studying for finals right now, but I'll resume work on kday as soon as I'm done with school (so early May). KDay definitely be released late May, and that’s a hard deadline.

Since everything written so far for kDay will be scrapped & since kDay will be released waaay after the deadline, I don't even feel comfortable calling it a NaNo project omg Q_Q However, since it'll be so short/simple, I don't really feel keen on moving it to WiP either, haha. Don't worry, though! It'll definitely be out on May 31st (US) at the latest :) Seriously sorry for the ridiculous delay & thanks again to anyone who's expressed interest <33
I just joined the forums and saw this post and I can't wait for this to come out! I was wondering if it's still relevant to answer the questions anymore, though you said that you will be scrapping what you have so written so far, so I'm not sure if you already have planned the new version already or not and don't need more responses.

Kumiho
Regular

#27 Post by Kumiho »

AKABoy123 wrote:
Oops! Sorry about the misunderstanding! I'll be scrapping what I've written so far because they were horribly written, not because I've changed the story or anything <333 Please feel more than free to comment with your suggestions! Seriously, I'm really, really thankful for your interest 8'D

Aceisawesome
Tumblr: meheartonepiece

#28 Post by Aceisawesome »

K-K-Korean?!!!!! I-I can't believe... I'm so happy... ;w; So glad something about my country came out, can't wait to play it!!!!!!!!!

Kumiho
Regular

#29 Post by Kumiho »

Aceisawesome wrote:K-K-Korean?!!!!! I-I can't believe... I'm so happy... ;w; So glad something about my country came out, can't wait to play it!!!!!!!!!
Oh goshhh, you're Korean, too? x'D I hope you enjoy the VN when it comes out <3

Nana7
Regular
Projects: Unichan (NanoReno), Keylocker
Tumblr: umiloo

#30 Post by Nana7 »

How would you feel about a prologue that introduces Zena's background?
A prologue would be great, I adore them in all ways, but to explain Zena's background is even more exciting, although I think you may keep it simples, though, to not reveal much about the character in a prologue.

It'll consist of blackscreen + NVL text. Too boring and redundant?
I don't like much NVL for the whole VN content, but I like it when it appears sometimes, it would be like this, or NVL for the whole thing? ;o Well, I think you may do what you prefer, anyway.

Would it be better if I integrate her past into the story itself?
Being it in prologue or in the story, I like it in the two ways. Being prologue you have to be more careful, though. But you can include a part of it in prologue, for people to become curious about her, and then develop it in the story itself.

Or, heck, would it be better if I left Zena's past up for interpretation?
This is a option too, although I prefer to know the character's stories, I never do this in my stories, only with little hints here and there. xD

I like it :3

It's a pro for me.

Self-insert. But I like it being predetermined too, I like to see the scriptwriter's point of view in every character.

Uhm... No? I find it really on point.

Also, I love the theme of the story, I think you can't explore enough this kind of theme.
I'm looking forward! :3