Seven Hex Days [BxB | Fantasy] [NanoReno 2016]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Elyeon
Projects: Seven Hex Days [Nano 2016]

Seven Hex Days [BxB | Fantasy] [NanoReno 2016]

#1 Post by Elyeon »

SEVEN HEX DAYS
tentative title
██ STORY

When one of Evan's loyal patrons' has come to realization that he will never look at her way among her competitions, she decides that it's now or never to use that to her advantage. A love spell she had found the other day that will make the person infatuated with the caster in a matter of few days, and is most effective through consumption. What is more ideal than a box of chocolates imbued with her love? Knowing that he's the type to politely accept gifts ― and a connoisseur for delectable sweets according to her sources ― the plan is fool-proof.

The next morning Evan collapses to the floor, follow by an attack of terrible coughing fit to his chest. Unfortunately it wasn't a love spell she had cast on those chocolates; turns out it's a hex, and a dangerous one that is quite fatal to the host if left alone.

Unbeknownst to him, Evan has about a week to find out the nature of his ailment and a way to cure it. However in his current state he isn't able to do it on his own, therefore he must rely on a cranky physician or hire help from an (hopefully reliable) adventurer.

██ CHARACTERS

EVAN ― Magician
Hasn't realized that he is victim to a terrible hex
Evan is a magician who owns a shop that sells various items with magical properties, though he's often referred as the town's unofficial physician despite his initial protests ― angering one particular individual whose name shall not be mentioned.

Charismatic and, at times, eloquent with his vocabulary to the right people. His approachable personality and sultry appearance is what draws people into his establishment. Add a few flatteries and a charming smile is all he needs to reach his quota in sales. That's the face he wears in public. In private he's much more composed and down-to-earth, though his recent state leaves him agitated time to time as the feeling of vulnerability is still foreign to him. He also has a penchant to tease people he’s comfortable with just so he can get a reaction out of them.

SERGIUS ― Physician
Secretly wants to be as popular as Evan
He is the OFFICIAL physician which he empathizes heavily with much force, because of SOMEONE who keeps stealing potential patients away from his clinic just because he's... he's... handsome, or whatever! As if!

Sergius has a(n almost) permanent scowl wherever he goes and his volatile temper often makes him the subject of Evan’s teasing. Of course somewhere underneath his grouchy exterior hides a kind, caring person, (I think...) even though his words can come across as harsh to the sensitive. Ah, but he means well though! Really! (Well, m-maybe). Being the oldest out of the five in his family has made him develop a sense of being everyone's mother. Sometimes he can be seen scolding his patients for not looking after their health properly.
CIENO ― Adventurer
Will do odd jobs for the money
Claims to be a simple adventurer, though Cieno has a tendency to stay away from crowds and is very insistent on wearing his cloak wherever he goes. If this doesn’t arouse suspicion within the town folks, some says that their belongings have gone missing whenever he’s around. As a result he often finds himself being rejected to enter various establishments and having the authorities on his tail after being alerted by the owners.

Skittish and easily startled by the slightest touch, to the point where he would often bump or fall into things

██ NOTES

Hello! This will be my first time participating NaNoRenO and I have also chose to go solo! This is also my first time making a visual novel so I'm eager to see how much progress I can make within a month.

Still haven't finalized the name of this project so it might be subjected to multiple changes throughout March. Hopefully a minimum of 2 to none haha!
Last edited by Elyeon on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

Re: Seven Hex Days [BxB | Fantasy] [NanoReno 2016]

#2 Post by runeraccoon »

Fantasy + BxB + adventurer + magic + amazing art???? I'm so into this I can't even begin. This sounds amazing, and why only seven days and alkfjkjasf please more updates soon???

Drewz
Regular

#3 Post by Drewz »

I love this! And the art is awesome! Can't wait to see some updates :D

Elyeon

#4 Post by Elyeon »

fuicchi wrote:Fantasy + BxB + adventurer + magic + amazing art???? I'm so into this I can't even begin. This sounds amazing, and why only seven days and alkfjkjasf please more updates soon???
Ahh thank you for your enthusiastic comment! Truthfully one of the main reasons why it only goes for seven days is having only one month to work on this VN, and also that I'm less inclined to add in feature creeps that might overwhelm me in the later stage of development. Plus it sounds like a fun opportunity for me to write the scenes if the player has failed to lift the hex!

Hopefully tomorrow when I wake up I can upload the rough sketch of Sergius I've been working on so the first post doesn't look too empty!
Drewz wrote:I love this! And the art is awesome! Can't wait to see some updates :D
And thank you as well for the lovely comment, Drewz! I'll be sure to keep this thread up to date as much as I can as I'm very excited to share my progress to the Lemmasoft community! c:

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by try10 »

Another awesome BxB in the making. I can't wait so see the colored sprites cause the art is simply stunning! I'll be watching this! Good luck! ;)

Elyeon

#6 Post by Elyeon »

try10 wrote:Another awesome BxB in the making. I can't wait so see the colored sprites cause the art is simply stunning! I'll be watching this! Good luck! ;)
Thank youu! <3 It makes me extremely happy as an artist when I hear people say they like the art!

-----------------------------

I'm currently working on Sergius's sprites but I've done some bits of writing for the introduction today. Down below is a small progress shot and comparison of him without glasses vs. with glasses!

.usa
Regular
Projects: Forget [not] that flower (hiatus)
Tumblr: bijuudama
Deviantart: meiayasaki

#7 Post by .usa »

I just LOVE the story, I'm not sure how to put it, but it just caught me *¬*
The art is really good as well! Also, a BxB? That surely sounds good to me! as someone who recently got into this genre lol

I wish you luck for this project, what you've done so far looks really good ^-^

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#8 Post by runeraccoon »

HAMG SERGE LOOKS PRECIOUS.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by try10 »

So handsome and cuuute! I want to hug him! :D That cutie tsundere!

Elyeon

#10 Post by Elyeon »

.usa wrote:I just LOVE the story, I'm not sure how to put it, but it just caught me *¬*
The art is really good as well! Also, a BxB? That surely sounds good to me! as someone who recently got into this genre lol

I wish you luck for this project, what you've done so far looks really good ^-^
I'm glad to hear that you like the story so far! ^^ Although it's a bit light-hearted and not sexually explicit (if at all) compare to some BxB VNs out there, but I do hope to make it enjoyable nonetheless!

And thank you for wishing me good luck!
fuicchi wrote:HAMG SERGE LOOKS PRECIOUS.
LOL I couldn't resist adding blush on his cheeks with that expression :'D
try10 wrote:So handsome and cuuute! I want to hug him! :D That cutie tsundere!
Hehe thank you! Hopefully Cieno will receive just as much love from you guys when I've done some decent progress on his sketch!

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#11 Post by MimirollCookie »

Hello elyeon!
This looks like a cool BxB game!
Best luck with NaNo! :D

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

#12 Post by Weenily »

LOL that premise is adorable! Is his fangirl Voldemort tho. She-who-must-not-be-named. I really like the characters' clothing designs! And I love Serge's description so much omg. He's such a bitter nerd I can't believe it. I'm real curious about Cieno too though! What is he hiding under his cloak? Good luck working on your first VN! NaNoReno is a perfect time to start. ^o^)/
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

Nekobako
Regular
Projects: LiveLive! (NaNoRenO '15)
IRC Nick: Nekobako
Tumblr: homodachin

#13 Post by Nekobako »

Ohhhhh my god this sounds adorable, and the BxB is the icing on top!! And the art is so nice! Oh my god, good luck, please finish this because I want to play it!! *__*

.usa
Regular
Projects: Forget [not] that flower (hiatus)
Tumblr: bijuudama
Deviantart: meiayasaki

#14 Post by .usa »

I'm glad to hear that you like the story so far! ^^ Although it's a bit light-hearted and not sexually explicit (if at all) compare to some BxB VNs out there, but I do hope to make it enjoyable nonetheless!
That just makes it better ~ I'm always looking for a cute, light-hearted love story between boys, yet most of them are sexually explicit (which makes me uncomfortable), so hearing that is a relief! Yay!

Can't wait to see how Cieno looks like <3

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#15 Post by Elze »

Love spell gone wrong?? I'M IN :'D

LOL "cranky physician". The premise seems really interesting so far, and I'm loving the art style, so I'll be keeping an eye on this. Good luck with your project! I look forward to seeing it released <3