Pink & White [status: INDEFINITE HIATUS]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

Pink & White [status: INDEFINITE HIATUS]

#1 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

April 2016: This project will be placed on indefinite hiatus. Thank you for all the feedback!
---------------------------------------------------

STORY
The Marquise has made billions off of Beautification – a procedure that changes your physical appearance to anything you desire…or rather, what someone else desires. The result has led to the rampant swapping of identities across the world, fueled by envy and hatred. To combat any form of resistance, the Marquise swiftly set up a circle of Beautified celebrity figureheads in order to keep the general public distracted and blissfully ignorant.

Enter Nice, a young woman who openly defies the Beautification process. Along with her partner, a wolf-once-human named Nîmes, the two seek to restore the top celebrity figurehead to her former self.

Pink & White is a science-fiction drama with matching game elements. There are two planned endings.
CHARACTERS
Nice la Belle Nguyen-Nanking
Our protagonist. Cheerful and considerate. Has a tendency to become so focused on her motivations that other things fall wayside, including her health. Is very polite in speech.

Nîmes St. John
Nice's partner-in-crime. Intelligent, sarcastic, and sometimes violent, but fiercely loyal to Nice. Swears like a sailor.

The Marquise
The founder of Beautifcation. Suave, vein, and misguided in her ideals in which she believes are well-intentioned.

The Inner Circle
Ranging from No. 6 to No. 1, these are the celebrity figures that have taken the world by storm. They are also highly trained combatants sworn to protect the next member on the ladder. The demo covers meeting No. 6 and No. 5. (sprites still in progress)
ImageImage

No. 1
A pop idol singer proclaimed to be the Princess of the World. Vibrant on the stage, stoic off of it. She and Nice seem to have some history together, although she's completely unaware of it.
Thanks for reading and I hope everyone has a good NaNoRenO!
Last edited by Green Glasses Girl on Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Honest Critique

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

Re: Pink & White Demo [sci-fi][drama][NaNo16]

#2 Post by Weenily »

oH GOSH... this looks so interesting! And it's sci-fi aaaah! The characters have such interesting designs! I like how the plot is really fitting for a game? Like, there's a set goal and a cool set of characters being your obstacles. No. 1 and Nice both sound real cute! I love how Nimes has St. John as part of his name and doesn't sound anything like a Saint hAHA. Good luck finishing the demo and good luck on your move too!
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#3 Post by MimirollCookie »

oMg.
Pink and white! Two of my favorite colors! And of course it's sci-fi and drama :wink:
I'll be keep in an eye on this.

KiloTango
Regular
Projects: The Lighthouse (NaNoReNo14)
Organization: Starship ★ Palindrome

#4 Post by KiloTango »

This looks great! SF Drama is always fun, the designs are really nice, I love the energy in the No.6 pic. The story looks interesting as well, can't wait for more on this one. The setting reminds me of stuff like Kaiba and Altered Carbon, and I love both of those things so looking forward to seeing where this one goes.
ImageImageImage

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#5 Post by clua »

This sound super interesting!! I'm digging the character concept art a lot(Look at Nro 6! Such characterization!)
I don't mind if it's a demo for now. I'm looking forward to your project, you can do it!
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Tediusman
Completed: Akumangel
Projects: Akumangel; The Madhouse Swing
Tumblr: Tediusman
Deviantart: Tediusman

#6 Post by Tediusman »

Awesome art. I love the color choice and the warrior and wolf couple, Mononoke Hime style.
This looks like an ambitious project, are you working on it alone by any chance? Anyway, I can't wait to play it!

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#7 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

Thank you for the comments, everyone!
Tediusman wrote:This looks like an ambitious project, are you working on it alone by any chance?
Yes, I'm working alone...I should have upped the ante on the recruitment! I'll definitely be asking for help on assets in the future.

Honest Critique

Hi.In.Ni
Regular

#8 Post by Hi.In.Ni »

Wow, this is a big project! Will you be okay? Are you going to continue with this after NaNo is over or are you going to abandon it?

I... Why is there a wolf...? -whispers- Isn't this kind of futuristic? Why is there a wolf? How did he become a wolf? Why? Will all this be explained and make sense in game??

Side Comment: I just finished my degree in videogame developement, and I'm really good at finding loopholes in story, character and design, and also providing solutions. I'm like a beta tester but for design instead of mechanics, haha.
If you need any review or feedback with the script, lore or whatever, be sure to message me because I'd love to help you with this project.
Please, check my NaNoRenO entry!
That was easy!! [NSFW] [BxG/B] [NaNoRenO2016]
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37491

AlceX

#9 Post by AlceX »

Sounds like a really interesting world! Hope you manage to do a lot regardless of the move, good luck!