Not Another Cinderella Story! BxB

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

Re: Not Another Cinderella Story! (bxb) [NaNoRenO2016]

#46 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

try10 wrote:Glad everything is okay! Good luck! :D
Thanks, Drew will be posting more art stuff when he gets back online :)
Last edited by LadyOfGatsby on Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#47 Post by runeraccoon »

Congrats again~ It's humane to feel paranoid, no worries. And I like that shota gofather, hahaha. I just don't know how shota will look in Drew's finishing touch, but I do hope it's still as cute as now. XD

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#48 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

fuicchi wrote:Congrats again~ It's humane to feel paranoid, no worries. And I like that shota gofather, hahaha. I just don't know how shota will look in Drew's finishing touch, but I do hope it's still as cute as now. XD
There will definitely be surprises in his route, honestly I like his shota look too lol...Yeah I'm sure it will still look cute. ^ ^
ImageImage

Nekobako
Regular
Projects: LiveLive! (NaNoRenO '15)
IRC Nick: Nekobako
Tumblr: homodachin

#49 Post by Nekobako »

Ahhhh congrats on getting back on track! And hoooly snap that art and GUI is gorgeous! Now I'm excited * v * Go go go!!

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#50 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Nekobako wrote:Ahhhh congrats on getting back on track! And hoooly snap that art and GUI is gorgeous! Now I'm excited * v * Go go go!!
Thank you for the support and compliments, we'll do our best
ImageImage

Drewz
Regular

#51 Post by Drewz »

Sorry for the fright guys; I had net problems and had no other way to contact Valerie :(
Here's the sprites that are done for now :D
What do you guys think so far? It's kinda the first finished art I'm doing for VNs so I'm a bit nervous lol
fuicchi wrote:And I like that shota gofather, hahaha. I just don't know how shota will look in Drew's finishing touch, but I do hope it's still as cute as now. XD
Wow, lol. That's what I'm afraid of too; I've been drawing Bara exclusively for almost six months; I hope I'll be able to go back to chibi and shota easily xD

Nekobako
Regular
Projects: LiveLive! (NaNoRenO '15)
IRC Nick: Nekobako
Tumblr: homodachin

#52 Post by Nekobako »

Drewz wrote:Sorry for the fright guys; I had net problems and had no other way to contact Valerie :(
It's all good! I know the feeling; I just moved and I had the wildest net problems for the first two weeks...I think they're finally over though. Maybe.

Those sprites look good! Your use of texture is amazing *__*

Drewz
Regular

#53 Post by Drewz »

Nekobako wrote:
It's all good! I know the feeling; I just moved and I had the wildest net problems for the first two weeks...I think they're finally over though. Maybe.

Those sprites look good! Your use of texture is amazing *__*
They started this week, right after Nanoreno too! :( I hope they are over now. Hope your net problems are over for good too lol.
Thank you! I thought the textures would add a nice touch seeing as they used lots of patterns back then ... I think ... XD
Last edited by Drewz on Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#54 Post by runeraccoon »

Reuben looks so damn fine. Really looking forward to more updates!

Drewz
Regular

#55 Post by Drewz »

fuicchi wrote:Reuben looks so damn fine. Really looking forward to more updates!
Haan, Thank you

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#56 Post by infel »

This looks like a really interesting story :) . It's nice to see a reverse gender in a fairy tale story and BxB. I've noticed we're getting more of those. The art is also very well done and suits the story. I'm looking forward to this very much. Good luck with everything :D
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#57 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

infel wrote:This looks like a really interesting story :) . It's nice to see a reverse gender in a fairy tale story and BxB. I've noticed we're getting more of those. The art is also very well done and suits the story. I'm looking forward to this very much. Good luck with everything :D
Thank you! We'll do our best with everything :)
ImageImage

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

#58 Post by Weenily »

WOW THAT GUI IS REALLY FANTASTIC I love the colors and omg those sparkles are perfect. The pocketwatch quickmenu is nice too! Everything definitely feels "Cinderella" and very fanciful. It's also real easy to read. Congrats on writing 5,500 words!

!!! Oh gosh those sprites are so detailed! Ellie's clothes are really gorgeous! I love the style on the first one (especially that coloring omg so good) but the second one is lovely too! I kinda miss the freckles(?) on her shoulders. THAT YOUNG FAIRY GODFATHER THOUGH. I LOVE THIS SPIN ON THE FAIRY GODFATHER I don't know how to feel about romancing him hAHA. I love Noah's sprite, I like his body shape and that fab hair. Step mother looks excellent! The coloring on her clothes is really nice and I can realistically see the folds. Wes looks very romanceable. What a hottie. Reuben has fabulous hair and a nice face but I think his pose is kind of stiff and his waist is a tad too thin? Otherwise these are really nice sprites and you should defs be proud of your work! :>
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

Drewz
Regular

#59 Post by Drewz »

infel wrote:This looks like a really interesting story :) . It's nice to see a reverse gender in a fairy tale story and BxB. I've noticed we're getting more of those. The art is also very well done and suits the story. I'm looking forward to this very much. Good luck with everything :D
Thank you!
Weenily wrote:WOW THAT GUI IS REALLY FANTASTIC I love the colors and omg those sparkles are perfect. The pocketwatch quickmenu is nice too! Everything definitely feels "Cinderella" and very fanciful. It's also real easy to read. Congrats on writing 5,500 words!

!!! Oh gosh those sprites are so detailed! Ellie's clothes are really gorgeous! I love the style on the first one (especially that coloring omg so good) but the second one is lovely too! I kinda miss the freckles(?) on her shoulders. THAT YOUNG FAIRY GODFATHER THOUGH. I LOVE THIS SPIN ON THE FAIRY GODFATHER I don't know how to feel about romancing him hAHA. I love Noah's sprite, I like his body shape and that fab hair. Step mother looks excellent! The coloring on her clothes is really nice and I can realistically see the folds. Wes looks very romanceable. What a hottie. Reuben has fabulous hair and a nice face but I think his pose is kind of stiff and his waist is a tad too thin? Otherwise these are really nice sprites and you should defs be proud of your work! :>
Haan, thank you! I really like the coloring on Ellie's 'sketch' and If I hadn't already finished Wes and Reuben by that point, I think I might have used it for the game but it's too late now :( Will definitely use it in an upcoming game tho! I loved the freckles too; but didn't see a nice way to put them in the finished anime-style sprites xD

I don't know how to feel about romancing the Fairy Godfather either lol; but from what Val told me his route should be a lot of fun; althought I am not sure we will be able to include it in Nanoreno; as of now we aren't planning to - his route should be added after Nano :D

OMG I'm so glad you noticed the folds on the step mom's dress lol. I spent a lot of time on them, re-doing them and stuff and then I was like : Wait ... who's going to notice that xD Sad thing is that most of it will be behind the text box in game lol

Glad you liked Wes :D He didn't seem to gather lots of attention lol. Reuben does look rather stiff :/ If we have time I'll definitely re-do his sprite but for now we're just going to use this one.

Again, thank you for your kind words

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

#60 Post by Weenily »

Gosh I look forward to any games you'll be using that style for, it's gorgeous! And ahhh I see!

Ooh! I'll patiently wait for his route then!

OFC the folds look very good! Also the thing around her shoulders (that I don't know the name of) has really good shading too. HAHA WELL I NOTICED. Good job on the effort you put into them!! >v<b AND AWWW. WEEPS IT'S OKAY. THAT'S WHAT THE H KEY IS FOR. I'll definitely be hiding the textbox from time to time to look at your sprite work xD.

You're welcome! ^^
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.