Tower of Saviors Cries of Soul, Need BG and Proposal Writer

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Kina_Skynight
Regular
Projects: Tower of Savior Cries of Soul
Organization: Team Passion

Tower of Saviors Cries of Soul, Need BG and Proposal Writer

#1 Post by Kina_Skynight »

So in some situation our BG artist and business proposal writer quit. So now the two position is open again.

Writer - Kina_Skynight (Me!)
Editor - Piet Wolfvolk (FonaCall)
BGM Composer - Delta (from another website)
Programmer - dren
Logo plus GUI artist- Kia
CG and Character Sprite artist- Hamed

BG Artist: I need someone who can really work on this with no problem, the pay is 11000 minimum on kickstarter. The BG might exceed over 100+ if minimum is reach, even more so if we can reach Kickstarter stretch goals. So please keep that in mind. This is a big project to work on.

Business Proposal Writer: This is one of the most important, we need to send in a business proposal to MH to ask for permission to use their characters and other things. The pay will be 300 after the kickstarter, if we got rejected we will start a new project and your pay will be added in our goal. Thank you.

30/3/16

Ehhh I will just write it here, for those that might be concerned about the possibility the game getting rejected? Welp no worries, I have a backup plan, I actually have 2 originals in my mind but..... not as polished as this game yet XP So yeah, just to ease the worries of others.

The original's title are

Her World
The Kingdoms

Not really finalized yet though, also those two? I thought of it since I was like 14 oh gosh, I even draw the characters and stuff and now looking back at it makes me want to slam my face to a wall. Since I never really touch on them until now I totally forgot about the names I gave to the characters XD but it might just be some stupid names anyways so no worries.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
ATTENTION To people that are too lazy to find and read every new updates, scroll down to the post below where I summarized everything, thank you.

Hello, everyone, I need people to help out with a fan game I have been planning, it is a game by MadHead called Tower of Saviors. I do recommend you guys check it out, just to know the feels and stuff. DO tell me how much you want me to pay you, this is a BIG project, and I can't pay just yet, we will need to complete a demo in order to ask for funds on Kickstarter. Also I will need to send in a business proposal to MadHead, asking permission to use their character, the demo is to help increase our chances in getting approved.

The end product will be free to download and play, just like Katawa Shoujo, I am sure most of you know about it.

WARNING

The game contains 18+ and disturbing theme so please take note of that.The romance range from yaoi to yuri to straight so make sure that you are good with it too.

BoyXBoy 5 route
GirlXGirl 2 route
BoyXGirl 5 route

I will still need to add in 3 more route for the GirlXGirl, I am working on that.

As for the kickstarter goal, I know there is something called a stretch goal and here is how I want it. Do tell me if it is good or bad.

1st stretch goal More CG and background, increase the game's quality
2nd stretch goal Voice acting and song with lyrics composer
3rd stretch goal Mini games included in the EXTRA section
4th and final stretch goal more mini games and Mini route added, known as Aftermath Romance. (Unlock by playing mini games)

Tell me what do you guys think.

Update 13/3/16

Please make sure you are over 18 years old in order to work on this project, I don't want a minor to work on a game for adults, since I don't want to get in trouble with the authorities. Thank you.

Update 26/3/16

Here you go, edited part of the script, I hope you guys enjoy.

(The scene starts with showing the room they are in.)
The next morning, Lenio woke up. He has finally cleared the 5 elemental islands and has gathered some new cards to help him along the way. (Zoom in on the left bed) He turned to where Glauox’s bed was and found that he was not there.

Lenio got ready, and headed downstairs to the lower floor of the inn, where he saw Xaverine and Glauox having a talk near the reception desk. Xaverine noticed him coming down the stairs and gave him a smile.

Xaverine: Morning. Did you rest well last night?

Lenio: Yeah. What are you guys talking about?

Xaverine and Glauox gave each other a look before turning to Lenio, giving him a serious look. The owl coughed and adjusted his glasses.

Glauox: Summoner, we won’t be doing much today. You are free to walk around town for the rest of the day.

Lenio: What? Why not?! I thought you said that I will be ready to climb the higher levels of the tower now that I have gathered enough help!

Glauox: Yes, I did say that, and I apologize for getting your hopes up so quickly, but you have exhausted yourself in the last battle. Getting enough rest, Summoner, is necessary for both you and the heroic spirit. You are using your own energy in order to summon the heroic spirit, and if you ran out of energy, you will get yourself into trouble.

Feeling irritated and impatient, Lenio was about to answer when Xaverine came out from behind the counter, approached him, and put her finger on his lips to shush him.

Xaverine: Lenio, listen. I agree with him. I know I am not a summoner, but according to what I’ve learned about medicine from my mother, your face looks as pale as if you had a big chunk of your soul reaped out of your body so-
Before she could finish, a voice came from behind.

???: So you will need to rest for the day or else you might faint from exhaustion and make your sister sad.

It was Kanra. She looked at Lenio with worry, like the mother she is. She went closer to him, pat his head, and went on to touch his cheeks as if to check on him more closely.

Kanra: Lenio, listen, I know you are getting impatient and you want to proceed on your journey to fulfill your sister’s last wish as soon as possible, but you have to understand that she wouldn’t want you to overwork yourself until you drop.

Lenio looked down sheepishly at the mention of Linna and her concern for him, and stroked the bundle he had in his arms.

Kanra smiled, and, seeing that Lenio has finally gotten the point, removed her hands from Lenio’s face.

Kanra: You should try looking around town! I am sure you can relax, even for a while. I am also sure that your sister will be happy to explore with you too. Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do on a journey? Explore and learn things that you haven’t encountered before? Even in a journey where you have to risk your life at some point, when you get the chance to relax, you should.

Lenio gave a small smile and nodded in agreement. He really should relax, even for a bit.He began turning towards the door when Kanra held him by the arms. He then turned around in confusion as to why she stopped him.

Kanra: You forgot something! It’s already this late and you haven’t had your breakfast yet. It is very important to stay healthy, especially if you are a summoner, so come along now and have your breakfast!

She then proceeded to pull Lenio into the dining room.

Lenio: Ka-Kanra! I can walk there on my own! You don’t need to drag me!

Xaverine chuckled as she watched Lenio and her mother disappear into the dining room.

Xaverine: As expected from my mother, the ex-medic… Old habits die hard, I guess.

Glauox: Hm, but you act just like your mother.

She blushed at the comment, and gave Glauox a light slap on the head before returning to the counter.

(The screen darkens to black, and then transitions to the town.)

After being force fed a heavy breakfast, due to Kanra thinking that he had lost a lot of weight lately, Lenio was finally let out of the inn to explore the town, with Linna in tow.

Before he left, Glauox had given him a warning to not let anyone find out what is inside the bundle or else he would get into trouble, and had also given him some money to use. Glauox did not come along since he had to plan for the next battle in the tower.

The town was full of people walking around, vendors calling out to customers, and the sounds of laughter and chatting. It was just like being back in his village, but with more noise.He closed his eyes and took a deep breath while holding the bundle in his arms tightly, to relax and try to blend in with the crowd. He then opened his eyes and went further into the crowd.

(The scene changes to show vendors’ stalls and other things/a market area)Lenio was walking around town and taking a look at each of the vendors and their wares, when he noticed that in the middle of the town, there was a crowd gathering and cheering for something.

Curious as to what it was, he went to where the crowd was to check, trying to squeeze through while holding Linna as tightly as possible. He didn’t want to drop her and lose her.

When he finally got to the center of the crowd, he saw a small group of entertainers performing all sorts of tricks. There was a man spitting out fire and a werewolf lifting a board with two small werelizards on top with only one hand. To add to the excitement, a woman also juggled balls into the air while circling the fire-spitting man.

After a few more acts, the crowd cheered and the entertainers bowed. Then the people threw money into the bucket that the entertainers had ready. Lenio himself took out 1,500 coins and dropped it into the bucket. The woman thanked him in return.After they left, Lenio wandered around, smiling and stroking the bundle in his arms.

Lenio: Linna, that sure was exciting, wasn’t it? I hope you had fun watching the acts… Linna, you aren’t mad at me for what I did to you, right…? No, you have a right to be mad at me… What I did was something only an emotionless being will do, so be mad at me all you want, okay?

Lenio stopped and hugged the bundle before proceeding to explore the rest of the town. What he didn’t know was that a group of thugs was watching him from afar. Chuckling amongst themselves, the thugs followed Lenio. Soon, they surrounded him, stopping him in his tracks. He tried to run, but two of them blocked his way.

Lenio: What do you want?! Lenio held his sister in a tight embrace, in an attempt to protect her.

Thug leader: Oh, we just want that bundle in your hand. What ya got there, huh? I bet it’s something valuable. Lemme look at it!

Lenio: Don’t touch her.

He held onto Linna tighter. He then felt for something on his waist, but realized that he had left Molly and the others in the inn.

Lenio: Shit, why now?

Thug leader: Heh, then I will just pry it out from you! Come on, share a bit with us. We can split it, can’t we?

The thug signals his friends to pry open Lenio’s arms in an attempt to get the bundle he was holding. By this time, some people have noticed the commotion and a crowd had gathered, but everyone was too afraid to help him out.

Just when Lenio was about to raise his feet to kick, something came flying and hit the thug leader on the head, leading him to crouch down in pain. It was a small kettle.

Thug leader: HEY!!! WHO THE FUCK WAS THAT?! THAT HURT!! COME ON OUT, YOU SON OF A BITCH!!

A girl with jet black hair came out from the crowd, with one of her hands raised. She was smiling, and there was a cheerful air about her.

???: It was me. I am the son of a bitch who threw that kettle to your head!

“Is she crazy?” Lenio thought to himself, worrying about the girl and her safety.

Thug leader: Why do you sound so cheerful, huh?! You want me to get a concussion?! YOU BITCH!

While the thug leader was stomping his way to her and yelling to her face, the girl just stood there looking at him with widened eyes. After his rant, a smile appeared on her face.

???: Ehehe, you are quite smart, knowing what a concussion is… I thought you were just a brainless violent airhead. Colour me surprised!

Lenio felt the blood drain from his face all the way down to his feet when he heard that. In his mind he was going, “She’s done it now… She’s probably going to get beat up, or worse.

”Thug leader: You… YOU WHORE!!!The thug leader raised his hands up into the air in order to give her a blow to the face, and just when he was about to swing it down, the girl held up a card that immediately made him stop and look at her in fear.

It was a card housing a heroic spirit, but unlike Lenio’s cards that are bronze and copper coloured, the back of this card was yellowish platinum with blue rings.

???: If you want me to kill you, I can, right here, right now. I can just call out my precious monsters to strike a blow and you will be dead in no time. Oh, and the boy you are bullying? He is a summoner too, so if you don’t want to die by my hand, you can die by his, whichever you prefer.

The two thugs holding Lenio immediately let go of him and stepped back, apologizing to him. They then ran to their leader, who has calmed down somewhat, but still showed fear in his voice.

Thug leader: Yo-you should’ve told us that you’re a summoner! We would’ve left you alone!

After that statement, the thug leader and his friends ran away with him holding his still-aching head.

The girl yelled at them as they ran. ???: Don’t forget to seek the help of a doctor!

She turned her head to Lenio, and walked towards him while keeping the card she took out earlier. The crowd dispersed, leaving a man standing there with his jaw dropped. It seems that the kettle the girl threw was one of his wares.

Lenio: Thank you for saving me.

???: Hehe, no worries. It is always great to help other summoners.

Lenio: How… How did you know that I am a summoner too?

???: Hmm, let’s just say that my cards can feel your energy and that they told me about it. With that said, you would have to excuse me, I have to go now.

Before she could leave, Lenio held onto her hand.

Lenio: I have a question… Why is the back of your card different from mine?

???: Oh, so you’re a new summoner? The backs of the cards tell you how strong they are, with copper being the weakest, and the black shiny ones being the strongest. You can always train the copper ones to evolve and change, though. You will learn more along the way. See ya!

She walks away to leave, but not before stopping by the vendor she got the kettle from. She handed him a diamond, and the man’s jaws dropped even more at the sight of it.

Diamonds are the most precious things in this world. One single diamond is worth 100 million coins. No wonder the man is shocked to have someone give him even one.

When the girl was already at a distance, she suddenly stopped and turned around.

???: HEY! You know, I have a feeling we will meet again soon! I will tell you my name when we do! BYE!

Lenio looked at her with confusion on his face. He then decided to return to the inn when his brain had processed all of what just happened, since it was already getting late.

He thought about what the summoner girl he just met said, and wondered why she said it. He couldn’t arrive at a conclusion on his own, so he decided to wait until he was back at the inn in order to ask Glauox about it.

(The screen darkens and the scene changes to the inn’s reception desk, night time.)Just when he had finally arrived at the inn, Xaverine came out, panicking.

Xaverine: Lenio! I am so glad you’re back! We need to hurry to my room. Someone here needs to see you.

She took his hand and was about to pull him into her room, but someone stood in the way. It was a werelizard.

Xaverine: Ahh, you are seriously injured! You can’t just get up and walk around! Please sit down.

The werelizard gently signaled to Xaverine that she did not need to worry so much. He then proceeded to speak weakly.

Werelizard General: I am fine. I need to talk to that summoner quickly.

Xaverine helped him stand. He let out a pained sigh and looked up at Lenio.

Werelizard General: Summoner, do you remember me? I am the werelizard you met back in Afire Volcano, the one who attacked you with a small army of other werelizards.

Lenio remembers it well. It was when they met with Marymount. He gave the werelizard a glare.

Lenio: What on earth are you doing here?

Werelizard General: I apologize for attacking you, but that girl was the sacrifice. We needed her in order to make a bearer to protect the clan from the evil pneuma from the other clans.

Lenio: You wanted to kill a child just for that?!

Werelizard General: Listen, now is not the time for us to argue… I need your help. Our clan is under attack…by our chief’s wife. I…don’t know what happened but I saw her wielding a strange sword. I just know that sword is what has driven her mad. Please, Summoner, I need your help. Our chief is a great leader, and he simply wants to do what is best for the clan, please.

Even after listening to all of that, Lenio still had no idea if he should help or not. What if it was a trap, and the werelizards actually wanted revenge for the death of their kin? But what if it was actually true, and they did need his help? He surely couldn’t ignore that.

Fortunately for him, Glauox went down the stairs and answered for him.

Glauox: I have heard it, and we will assist you. Summoner, you have rested well, correct? We should help him. If my instinct serves me right, the sword will be something that we can use to help make your cards stronger.

The werelizard’s eyes shone at the positive reply. He then turned to Lenio, hoping that he will agree to what Glauox had said.

Lenio: *sigh* Well, if what Glauox said was true, then I can’t disagree. (I’d need to get stronger in order to be able to climb that tower easier…)

(The scene changes to Afire Volcano)After the werelizard had given them more details regarding his request, they teleported to Afire Volcano and hurried to the place where the clan resided. When they arrived, they found the place being trashed, and with some werelizard bodies on the ground.

They saw a big werelizard being held on the neck by a fire elf. The elf had a sword in her hand and it seemed to have possessed her. She had a menacing smile across her face. They could hear the werelizard, who seemed to be the chief the other werelizard was talking about, trying to plead with the elf, his wife.

Werelizard Chief: Ho…ney… Please… Wake up…

He tried hard to pry his wife’s hands off him, but her grip was too strong. The fire elf laughed and raised the sword. Lenio quickly summoned Molly and the others and spun the runestones presented to him in order to attack.His attack hit the hand of the fire elf. She shrieked in pain and released the werelizard chief. Then she turned to Lenio and the others and looked at them with bloodshot eyes.

She attacked in return, but Lenio and the others managed to dodge it. Lenio spun the runestones and attacked her again, but it didn’t seem to do much damage. The fire elf then used her wing-like arms to fly up high into the sky.

She quickly made a dive, and used her sword to split the ground, sending Lenio and the others flying. Molly tried to get up but before she could, the fire elf stood right above her with her sword ready to strike down.

“No…”, Lenio said in his mind. He tried to reach her before the fire elf struck a blow…

…but it seemed to be too late.

Lenio: MOLLY!!! NO!!!

Along with a name for the fan game, Tower of Saviors Cries of Soul
Last edited by Kina_Skynight on Sat May 21, 2016 9:35 am, edited 25 times in total.

LeetMusic
Veteran
Completed: Cursed Lands, Roommates, Wildfire: Ticket To Rock, Seeds Of Chaos
Projects: LeetStreet Boys, Paladin Dream, Murder Is Game Over

Re: Need a team for a fan game, pre kickstarter.

#2 Post by LeetMusic »

I think this should be moved to the "unpaid" section. Promise of pay based on speculative fundraising is not pay.

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#3 Post by SundownKid »

LeetMusic wrote:I think this should be moved to the "unpaid" section. Promise of pay based on speculative fundraising is not pay.
Well technically it would be "Commercial Project looking for partners" but this is not even guaranteed to be a commercial project (barely any fangames are ever commercial projects, period). Far more likely the rights holder, even if they allowed you to work on the game, would not let you raise money for it. Not planning to charge money for the game doesn't make it any less of a commercial project, they have no way to know exactly how much money the game would really take vs the kickstarter.

Kina_Skynight
Regular

#4 Post by Kina_Skynight »

SundownKid wrote:
LeetMusic wrote:I think this should be moved to the "unpaid" section. Promise of pay based on speculative fundraising is not pay.
Well technically it would be "Commercial Project looking for partners" but this is not even guaranteed to be a commercial project (barely any fangames are ever commercial projects, period). Far more likely the rights holder, even if they allowed you to work on the game, would not let you raise money for it. Not planning to charge money for the game doesn't make it any less of a commercial project, they have no way to know exactly how much money the game would really take vs the kickstarter.
Well....I just did it because I love the original game so much. Yes I don't know how much money really requires that is why I am asking the artist, programmers etc to name their price so that I can count it, the minimum we need of course, yeah about the stretch goal too, but I will work on that after I have gathered the team.

Jiro Horikoshi
Regular

Re: Want a team for a fan game, pre kickstarter (updates)

#5 Post by Jiro Horikoshi »

This reminds me of... Juniper's knot. Wonder if she and the boy lived happily ever after..

Kina_Skynight
Regular

#6 Post by Kina_Skynight »

Jiro Horikoshi wrote:This reminds me of... Juniper's knot. Wonder if she and the boy lived happily ever after..
Hmm, mind explaining it to me? I mean by what reminds you of that VN. I only know about it now. Did a quick google search.

Jiro Horikoshi
Regular

#7 Post by Jiro Horikoshi »

Nah, I think you'll just repeat the path others already undertook.

Kina_Skynight
Regular

#8 Post by Kina_Skynight »

Jiro Horikoshi wrote:Nah, I think you'll just repeat the path others already undertook.
O_O What do you mean by that?

Kina_Skynight
Regular

Re: Team for a fan game, pre kickstarter (updates, demo scri

#9 Post by Kina_Skynight »

Ohhhh, so that is how the spoiler tag works, I thought it is like a toggle thing O_O so okay, I will change it.

Kina_Skynight
Regular

#10 Post by Kina_Skynight »

Tell me, what do you guys want to see next? I really need more people now, I can't really work with only a programmer and music composer. Just trust me, I am not the type to break promises.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#11 Post by Taleweaver »

SundownKid wrote: Well technically it would be "Commercial Project looking for partners".
Yup. Technically, it would.

Thread moved.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Kina_Skynight
Regular

#12 Post by Kina_Skynight »

Taleweaver wrote:
SundownKid wrote: Well technically it would be "Commercial Project looking for partners".
Yup. Technically, it would.

Thread moved.
Hmm, but the end game will be free, I thought commercial is like, you want to sell the game. O_O

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#13 Post by Taleweaver »

You want to fund this project through Kickstarter. Kickstarter backers pay for the game, which makes the production commercial.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Kina_Skynight
Regular

#14 Post by Kina_Skynight »

Taleweaver wrote:You want to fund this project through Kickstarter. Kickstarter backers pay for the game, which makes the production commercial.
Oh okay, thanks.

Kina_Skynight
Regular

Re: Team for a fan game, pre kickstarter (Major update, soon

#15 Post by Kina_Skynight »

Just a bump of something, major updates is going to come on in a few days :D I hope after this you guys might be more interested. Am in real need of a programmer and serious anime sprite and CG artist.