Assess K [Mystery, Slice-of-Life] (VN Adventure) - Hiatus

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Roxie
Regular
Projects: Assess K, Mizuchi
Organization: Aikasa Collective, Altabe Studio
itch: aikasacolle

Re: Assess K [Mystery, Slice-of-Life] (VN Adventure) Updated

#16 Post by Roxie »

Hello karen_delight!

Been slowly piecing together a new demo build and it's been going really well. The inventory was completed and we can see the test run here. And in reality you can't break up the Mr. Puffy creampuff box :D but in the real game you can take apart that box though and find the easter egg goody inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX_vI5pEW1Y

I still working on the game route in composing the demo's puzzle, or two puzzles in reality. The 2nd is a lot simpler and a simple password input that takes a bit of thinking, but everything is still pretty rough so I can't quite show it yet. Anyone afraid of "puzzles" should not worry too much as the helper character(?) will provide you hints and will lead you through it.

My apologies for the sparse updates, I've also had to help with two other friends' games, both had tight deadlines and were in dire need for help. Now that one is just about ready for launch in a few weeks, and the other is on to smooth sailing, I can work more fully on Assess K. Adventure games are extremely difficult work for one person so I apologize for my slow pace, but I'm very happy to know you're looking forward to the game :D At this moment I'm doing additional facial expressions for all the characters, which I'll be sending off to the busy Mirage of Zeiva Inc to color when she finds time.
Attachments
Glynn_faces.png
Last edited by Roxie on Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Assess K (VN Adventure Game) LSF Thread | Mizuchi (GxG VN) LSF Thread | Honest Critique
[Proofreader, Beta-Tester]
Razz Art Visual - Starlight Vega [Co-writer]
Roseverte - Cafe-0, Duplicity, East Tower, How to Take Off Your Mask; Bakufu - Love Sniper
Zeiva Inc. - Train of Afterlife, OASE, X-Note, Area-X, Voices from the Sea, Natural - Beyond Nature, Dragon Essence, Anicon - Cat

mysticichigo
Regular

Re: Assess K [Mystery, Slice-of-Life] (VN Adventure) Updated

#17 Post by mysticichigo »

Adventure game? I'm so in

Roxie
Regular
Projects: Assess K, Mizuchi
Organization: Aikasa Collective, Altabe Studio
itch: aikasacolle

Re: Assess K [Mystery, Slice-of-Life] (VN Adventure) - New B

#18 Post by Roxie »

So I'm not dead, well technically not, just overwhelmed studying medicine at the moment so my part of game making has pretty much stalled. But no need to fret, I've been working with DragoonHP for programming and found a BG colorist to get things moving without me at this point :D So you guys can finally look at some finished art backgrounds. This is both sides of the MC Ken's room. You're able to pan back and forth and click to the other side for minor interactivity. You can also click around the room and get feedback or pick up items to solve those inventory puzzles :) I'll try to update more whenever my schedule allows me... Thanks to everyone that's still interested in this game. My apologies for being slow, I'm learning the hard way that paying for work to be done is far faster and cheaper (if you count time) for game production. Doing it all myself is not the smartest solution in the least. I'll try to focus more on art, writing and scripting at this point.

ImageImage
Assess K (VN Adventure Game) LSF Thread | Mizuchi (GxG VN) LSF Thread | Honest Critique
[Proofreader, Beta-Tester]
Razz Art Visual - Starlight Vega [Co-writer]
Roseverte - Cafe-0, Duplicity, East Tower, How to Take Off Your Mask; Bakufu - Love Sniper
Zeiva Inc. - Train of Afterlife, OASE, X-Note, Area-X, Voices from the Sea, Natural - Beyond Nature, Dragon Essence, Anicon - Cat