Lads in Distress [GxB][Otome|Fairy Tale][NaNo16][COMPLETED!]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
riiko08
Regular
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko

Re: Lads in Distress [GxB][Otome|Fairy Tale][NaNo16][ZEL ART

#121 Post by riiko08 »

Woaaahhh!!! As a big fan of fairytales, I definitely aprove of this one! The premise is very interesting and fun! And the art! It's absolutely stunning! I think I'll go for Mel first, but that will change after I play the common route.
I am definitely gonna watch out for this! Goodluck to everyone XD

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

#122 Post by Windchimes »

@riiko08:
Thank you very much! :D Glad to hear you like the project so far. Hopefully we won't disappoint! xD And thank you very much for the compliments. I'm sure our artists will be really happy to hear that.

Not much to update today, unfortunately. Rest of the GUI will be worked on this week, most likely. Snow's route is going well, I'm ~50% already! I'm hoping to finish his route by the end of the week and then go back to Zel's route. So yep. I will most likely die from overload of writing, but I'm 99% sure I'll finish on time. Hopefully. xD

Oh, and in case anyone missed the update to our post, we found a chibi CG artist! :D Many thanks to fuicchi for helping us out <3 We're really happy to be working with her and have her on the team.

Keep an eye out for more Tumblr updates/previews some time this week! Thanks everyone~

greenacedesu

#123 Post by greenacedesu »

@Windchimes
Glad you all like it :D

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#124 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Lesleigh63, the background artist here.

This is the lineart for a room in the tower (the completed landscape with the tower was posted in last week's update).

Hmmm.... wonder whose room that is?

Kowai
Regular
Tumblr: kowaikowia
Deviantart: kowai-usagi

#125 Post by Kowai »

I'm gonna guess this is Zel's bedroom! Oh Charming, you're so daring stepping in a boy's room! :D
Great background once again!

Windchimes
Veteran

#126 Post by Windchimes »

@Kowai:
Thanks for the comment! :D Sorry for the late reply ;;
LOL Yep, it's Zel's bedroom. Charming just loves breaking rules of being a royal lady~ xD
I'm not sure if Lesleigh saw the compliment, but I'm sure she'll be thrilled to hear the compliment about the bg!

Anyways, slow few days since most of the team is busy with work/midterms/other stuff. I did make more progress on writing for Snow's route, at 80% now. I will finish on weekends and then move onto Zel's route. I'll try to remember to post a preview of the script and update second post later on!

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran

#127 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Kowai wrote:I'm gonna guess this is Zel's bedroom! Oh Charming, you're so daring stepping in a boy's room! :D
Great background once again!
Thanks Kowai. Glad you like it. The completed version will be released over the weekend.

Windchimes
Veteran

#128 Post by Windchimes »

Quick update:

Snow's route is now 100% complete! Writing for Zel's route has begun; I'm hoping to finish my part of Zel's route by this weekend.

There has also been some progress made on the GUI. Thanks to Alcor, most of the extras screens are done, and I've been coding them in today. They seem to be functional right now (at least until I accidentally break them later), but since not all the assets are done yet, we can't be 100% sure nothing will break until we have all the CGs and BGM tracks to test the screens.
If you're curious, we have posted a screenshot of the extras selection screen on Tumblr. I will update second post with the screenshots later :D

Stay tuned for more art updates this weekend!

SwanMaiden

#129 Post by SwanMaiden »

How exciting! Long time lurker, first time poster. Wanted to say congrats on finishing up the Snow route and that I'm eagerly awaiting the demo. The quality of the art and the backgrounds, not to mention the stellar story concept, has this particular fairy tale enthusiast pumped. ^_^

1. Any thoughts or comments about the story premise so far?
It sounds very exciting and full of promise! I'm eager to see where Princess Charming goes, and how she embodies the princely "white knight" archetype. ;)

2. Who is your favorite character at the moment?
Hmmm! Princess Charming, possibly. She seems like a fun protagonist, and we sorely need more of those!

3. Which love interest do you think you will pursue first?
All of them. Just... all of them. (Possibly Snow because the idea of him as a layabout womanizer cracks me up.)

4. Would you be interested in the future expansion (that will have 2 new routes, as well as a lot more scenes for the current 3 routes)?
Very much so! I hope you get to expand this project as much as you like, it seems chock-full of great opportunities!

5. Any other comments or questions?
Good luck, and here's cheering from the sidelines!

FrozenApple66
Regular
Projects: Lunescara (Hiatus) The Cottage (NaNo16)
Organization: Pink Squirrel Games

#130 Post by FrozenApple66 »

Just dropping by to say that I love everything about this game! I will certainly download it as soon as it is available :D

Windchimes
Veteran

#131 Post by Windchimes »

@SwanMaiden:
Hey there! :D Thank you so much for coming out of lurking to comment! >< We feel really honored, haha. Thank you so much for the compliments too! :"D Everyone was really happy to hear them. And thanks! I'm soo relieved to finish Snow's route finally. His route has given me a lot of trouble in the last week LOL.
Glad to hear you like Charming :"D We really wanted to make a dynamic, fun protagonist with a distinct personality, so we're really pleased the comments on Charming have been positive so far. Charming has definitely been fun to write! I hope you will like how she turns out in the game!
Thank you again for taking the time to comment <3 Hope we won't disappoint!

@FrozenApple66:
Thank you very much! :D Happy to hear you're interested. Hopefully we will be able to finish this on time! ><

Anyways, it's almost end of 3rd week of NaNo already! Man, time flies. I will be posting a weekly update post tomorrow on Tumblr. For now, I'll just drop a quick update: My part of Zel's route is almost done, ~ around 50% of the whole route. I should have the rest of my scenes finished tomorrow, and start editing. Major progress for Mer's route as well, it's almost done!
As for the art team, they're all hard at work. Hopefully we will have art updates to show tomorrow in the weekly progress report :D

Please stay tuned for more updates soon <3

Windchimes
Veteran

#132 Post by Windchimes »

Sorry for the delay in update! Here is the 3rd week progress report that I posted on Tumblr yesterday:

3rd Week Updates

♔ Snow’s route is 100% complete!
♔ Mer’s route at about 90% complete, Zel’s route at 65%
♔ Extras screens GUI design finished~ Most of the coding are in place and functional
♔ Tower room BG completed!
♔ 4 out of 6 CG sketches/lineart finished

Will be updating second post in a moment with new screenshots! For now, I'll put them here:

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#133 Post by try10 »

Great! Everything is perfect! It gives the fairy tale feeling that I want. I am counting the days until it's released! :D

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran

#134 Post by Lesleigh63 »

try10 wrote:Great! Everything is perfect! It gives the fairy tale feeling that I want. I am counting the days until it's released! :D
I've been trying to get a 'fairytale' feel into the backgrounds, hope I'm succeeding.

I'll be posting the lineart for the throneroom tonight and the coloured version will be released in the end of week wrap up.
After that I've a bedroom to do.
And I really wanted to do a castle exterior (castle on a hill, surrounded by a cliff with waterfalls, little town etc - but that will take some time and will be in the post release. I want it to look epic!).

Thanks for the comment.

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

#135 Post by Weenily »

CONGRATS ON FINISHING SNOW'S ROUTE! Wow you guys are almost all done with the writing, you guys can do it! That's a lot of lined CGs I cant wait to see them in the g ame. ALSO OH WOW ZEL'S ROOM LOOKS PERFECT I like how you can tell what stuff Zel does in the tower because of the items scattered around. The coloring feels really fairy tale like! Even the furniture suits the time period aha. I love that extas screen omg its soooo cute!!! i love how there are actual picture buttons aaaaa the tiny charming on the gallery button and the developer note's button are my favorite ones. The ending list is also really useful feature! Good luck with the rest of the work!
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.