False Elegy[LAUNCHED ON KICKSTARTER!]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kkoro
Regular
Projects: False Elegy, Incompatible Species
Deviantart: 6kkoro

False Elegy[LAUNCHED ON KICKSTARTER!]

#1 Post by Kkoro »

False Elegy is running on Kickstarter now!: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11 ... sual-novel

In order to find his lost friend, a divine entity has to bind with a beautiful demon corrupted by sin. With their lives connected as one, the only way to survive is by withstanding heaven and hell together.
"This messed up world consists of those who fall and those who thrive off of the fallen. Whatever you choose, you'll be one of the two."
Since the dawn of man, Ascendants have been seen soaring in the skies. To the humans, they are ethereal, divine and immortal beings; guardians of earth and protectors of humankind. But even among the Ascendants, there are those who have Fallen.

Areon is an Ascendant who hunts the creatures born from sin; the Fallen. Together with his partner Eden, he purges the world little by little. Everything goes effortlessly until Areon is asked to participate in the Divinity project; a project to rehabilitate Fallen. Only the best Ascendants are chosen due to the dangers. During the project, a Divinity Link will be formed between the two until one Ascends, or one Falls.

At the selection, the beautiful Ark caught his attention. A Fallen that had been caught three weeks ago, but never approached due to her insanely corrupted personality. Areon, undaunted by her ferocity, forms a link with Ark. However, he did not realize that his powers will be irrelevant. What will be challenged are his wits, resolve, and mental fortitude. What awaits him is a bigger task than he could have ever imagined.
Prepare for the release of the demo. Will you change the story? Or will the story change you?
Who are we?
Hey! We're Team geNe6 and we're an international team striving to make our mark on the visual novel world. Our goal is to create the high-quality visual novel which everyone has been waiting for, whilst also introducing people to the medium. Inspired by both Japanese and western media, we hope to create something unique, and surprise everyone with our upcoming visual novel; False Elegy.
Characters
General info:
  • The story will contain psychological, action, fantasy, romance and mature elements.
  • We are aiming for around 15-20 hours of reading time.
  • Sprites will have different poses with different expressions.
  • The visual novel will contain original backgrounds.
  • Music will be composed exclusively for the visual novel.
WIP CG art:
WIP Background art:
GUI:
Progress
We are currently working towards finishing the demo!
Writing: 100%
Editing: 100%
Character Art: 100%
CG Art: 40%
Background Art: 100%
Music: 50%
Programming: 90%
Feel free to introduce yourself and please share your first impressions! Questions, comments, and criticism are always welcome!
Follow us now on twitter!: https://twitter.com/Team_geNe6

Fuwanovel version of this post: http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/13349-false-elegy/
Last edited by Kkoro on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 36 times in total.
Character Designer and Illustrator
Follow me on social media!

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: False Elegy[Psychological,Action,Fantasy,Romance][BxG]

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

Kkoro wrote: At the selection, the beautiful Ark caught his attention. A Fallen that had been caught three weeks ago, but never approached due to her insanely corrupted personality. Areon, undaunted by her ferocity, forms a link with Ark. However, he did not realise that his powers will be irrelevant. What will be challenged are his wits, resolve, and mental fortitude. What awaits him is a bigger task than he could have ever imagined.

...The story will contain psychological, action, fantasy, romance and mature elements.
I'll be interested in seeing how your story develops. I want to know who these characters are, and what obstacles they will face. Also, I would recommend making sure that you can sum up the premise in one sentence.
Kkoro wrote: Our goal is to create the high-quality visual novel which everyone has been waiting for, while also introducing people to the medium. Inspired by both Japanese and western media, we hope to overtake the current OEVLNs and become the face of the industry with our upcoming visual novel; False Elegy.
I like ambitious things. It encourages me to see people creating lengthy, complex, and experimental projects.

My words of advice: be prepared. I have seen a lot of promising work in progress visual novels and freeware games stop updating, and then become abandoned forum threads. What will help you keep writing even when the process becomes boring or frustrating? How will you deal with feature creep? How will you manage conflicts within your team? If things go wrong, are you willing to recruit other people to help you?

In my opinion, terms that begin with OEL are mostly used in negative ways. I believe the phrases "OELVN" and "OEL manga" are used by antagonistic fans in order to disparage a person's story as just an imitation. Two comparisons: 1) Would you describe your comic as a "funny book"? 2) Would you describe your 3D polygon game as a "Doom clone"?

Kkoro
Regular

#3 Post by Kkoro »

gekiganwing wrote:I'll be interested in seeing how your story develops. I want to know who these characters are, and what obstacles they will face. Also, I would recommend making sure that you can sum up the premise in one sentence.
Thank you for your interest. I'll have updated character bios soon which will shed some light on the progression of the story without spoiling it. Also, good recommendation. Definitely something we'll have to figure out.
gekiganwing wrote:I like ambitious things. It encourages me to see people creating lengthy, complex, and experimental projects.

My words of advice: be prepared. I have seen a lot of promising work in progress visual novels and freeware games stop updating, and then become abandoned forum threads. What will help you keep writing even when the process becomes boring or frustrating? How will you deal with feature creep? How will you manage conflicts within your team? If things go wrong, are you willing to recruit other people to help you?
One thing that will continue to push us to continue the project, is the time and financial investments that we've already put in it. Secondly, I'm a really passionate person. I want to show that (OEL)VNs can be unique/good/high quality etc., without the need of Japanese names/settings/h-scenes when not appropriate. I'm not only passionate about this visual novel, but also about proving people that we won't fail. Even when unexpected obstacles appear, we'll just find the best solution to it. That also means that we'll recruit new people if needed.

Feature creep is definitely something that we see often in new projects. To be honest, there are some really awesome features amongst them. How will we handle feature creep? By staying realistic. We know what we can offer and what we can't offer. A lot of beautiful visual novels are very simple in features. As long as we've been able to give False Elegy our everything, we'll always be content with it. Besides, we know we can't satisfy everyone.
gekiganwing wrote:In my opinion, terms that begin with OEL are mostly used in negative ways. I believe the phrases "OELVN" and "OEL manga" are used by antagonistic fans in order to disparage a person's story as just an imitation. Two comparisons: 1) Would you describe your comic as a "funny book"? 2) Would you describe your 3D polygon game as a "Doom clone"?
OEL's meaning isn't related to imitations, at all(it shouldn't at least.). I've seen some upcoming OELVNs which I could never call an imitation. But it's true that sometimes OEL has a negative connotation to it. Probably because there are tons of "imitation" OELVNs. Even though False Elegy is a "visual novel", it's also an "Original English Language Visual Novel". We're not afraid to use that term even if it gives people a negative outlook. If we were to disassosciate ourselves from that term, it will always have a negative meaning to it. We'd rather be the ones to attempt to change that paradigm. Hopefully, somewhere in the future, readers will refer to False Elegy in discussions. The first "Better than Doom but no Clone" 3D polygon game.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4 Post by Zelan »

Even though there's not an awful lot to judge by yet, the premise grabs my attention and the art that you do have is gorgeous. I'm going to be keeping an eye on this one, I want to find out more about these characters and their world.

(Also, silly question, but how do you pronounce geNe6? I've been staring at if for 5 minutes please help.)

Kkoro
Regular

#5 Post by Kkoro »

Zelan wrote:Even though there's not an awful lot to judge by yet, the premise grabs my attention and the art that you do have is gorgeous. I'm going to be keeping an eye on this one, I want to find out more about these characters and their world.

(Also, silly question, but how do you pronounce geNe6? I've been staring at if for 5 minutes please help.)
Thank you!^^ I'll keep updating as the project progresses. Next update will probably be in the weekend.

geNe6's pronunciation: gene as in genesis, +six. So genesix.

Hi.In.Ni
Regular

Re: False Elegy [Psychological,Action,Fantasy,Romance][BxG]

#6 Post by Hi.In.Ni »

This looks interesting. That weapon, wow!

Why is there no more info about this?? It's not abandoned, is it?
Please, check my NaNoRenO entry!
That was easy!! [NSFW] [BxG/B] [NaNoRenO2016]
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37491

Kkoro
Regular

#7 Post by Kkoro »

Hi.In.Ni wrote:This looks interesting. That weapon, wow!

Why is there no more info about this?? It's not abandoned, is it?
I'm glad to hear that!

This WiP post was only posted two days ago so there's not a lot of info yet. But the visual novel is still fully under development. We want to keep updating this post as the visual novel progresses. The next update will be tomorrow!

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#8 Post by infel »

This looks like a very interesting project. Also very ambitious. I read some of it also on the alternate forum and I will say this is one of the few BxG's I'll play. What I'm glad is how it's not too generic. I'd like more BxG's to be like this and another game I like that's on here. I also love psychological things, so I will play this. As for the art is really good. I like the professionalism of the characters on here. I do have one question, given the length of this game, do you have tips on how you keep the group together and motivated? I got some advice from a thread I made and it's good, but I'm all for additional advice.
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

Kkoro
Regular

#9 Post by Kkoro »

infel wrote:This looks like a very interesting project. Also very ambitious. I read some of it also on the alternate forum and I will say this is one of the few BxG's I'll play.
Thank you very much! I remembered that this VN won't be a "classic" BxG. It will be a little bit different so I removed the tag just to prevent any possible confusion.
infel wrote:I do have one question, given the length of this game, do you have tips on how you keep the group together and motivated?
Well, as a commercial project, professionalism is something that comes with the people you work with. So just like you, they want to finish the job so that they can show it on their resume. Their reputation is also something they want to protect.
But here are some other important things:
  • Try to find people who are motivated to make a VN instead of just wanting to make some money. Its important to check this before you recruiting them to the team.
  • If for some reason, a member doesn't fit the team or is really troublesome after all, don't hesitate to speak up about it or to end the collaboration. Its important to be clear about your standards to your team members.
  • If one member is demotivated, it will spread to others.
  • Solve any problem as early as possible. The more the project takes shape, the more problematic it becomes.
  • Although I'd say you can't force people, some projects sign agreements with their members. This way there is some clarity of what to expect from both parties.
I hope this is useful information to you!
-Kkoro

Kkoro
Regular

Re: False Elegy [Psychological,Action,Fantasy,Romance]

#10 Post by Kkoro »

Added info about Zola!
Last edited by Kkoro on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#11 Post by infel »

Thank you for the advice =D. This game is something I'll play once it comes out to. Good luck. Oh and Zola looks really pretty :D .
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

Kkoro
Regular

#12 Post by Kkoro »

New update!
  • We have been looking for a new background artist. We wanted to choose someone with the skills and style that would fit False Elegy.
    That's why we're more than happy to announce that ForD Nguyen will be joining team geNe6 as our new background artist! Check out his gallery here: http://fomasoro.deviantart.com/gallery/.
    We're discussing the backgrounds at the moment so expect to see some cool stuff soon!
  • New profile added! The main character of False Elegy; Areon!
  • Also, the new logo revealed! Work done by Ds-sans, KarnxJiro, and Jesse Ang.

igrasil

#13 Post by igrasil »

So far looks great! ^^Wish you best of luck

mysticichigo
Regular

#14 Post by mysticichigo »

Whoa, this game is like every single kind of game rolled into one package.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you handle this

Kkoro
Regular

#15 Post by Kkoro »

Thank you guys! We will have another update after Easter. Have a nice holiday!